Iberostar Diar El Andalous
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Abou Sofiane(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Riviera(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Breakfast included
El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Pool
El Mouradi Palace(Port El Kantaoui)
View Hotel
Concorde Green Park Palace(Port El Kantaoui)
View Hotel
Daphne Club Miramar(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Breakfast included
Houria Palace Hotel(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Breakfast included
Marhaba Palace Hotel(Port El Kantaoui)
1,808 results
All reviewsanimation teampiano barpizzaevery member of staffplenty of choicemain restaurantsomething for everyonefive star hotelindoor pooltwo weeksice creama la carte restaurantbottled waterturkeybrilliant holidayweek holidaypancakes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I'm a bit confused about all these negative reviews! Literally cannot fault this hotel and the staff in it.

We arrived and were taken straight to the bar and given a drink, we had an all inclusive band on before we even walked through the door so no waiting for anything. We were shown to our room within about 15 mins and given a safe.

The room was lovely, I've never seen such a big bed, always clean which is a credit to the maids who work very hard.

The pool and area was always clean and tidy, the animation team were always hard at work entertaining us all and again are a credit to the hotel.

Food was great, fresh fruit, cheese bread, 5 different types of eggs, sausage and pancakes every morning as well as other stuff. Lunch and dinner always lots of different dishes, salads, meats and fish, loads of puddings and ice cream. The staff were always refilling food and it was nice and hot. Waiters are great.

Drinks are fab and non-stop. Good gin and cocktails.

Over all this hotel is great, clean, all the staff are amazing so I wanted to tip them for there hard work- no one expected it! ( they were also in Ramadan while we were there but still were polite and professional In a difficult period of their year) I would return without hesitation.

Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank Charlotte H
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I completely agree with all of the bad reviews on this hotel. My Honeymoon was not as I thought it would be. And I am not just saying this I am 21 years old and my husband is 23 very laid back people and normally take things with a pinch of salt but this was horrible.

Hold up on the Transfer.

When we arrived at the transfer coach we were checked on it and sat there for 15 minutes whilst all other coaches left and no information as given to us on whilst we were sitting on the coach and not moving. We were then told that someone had picked up the wrong suitcase and they were sorting it out, but may have to get all our cases off to find out where the missing suitcase was. Thankfully the driver said he was not going to do this and it would have to be sorted another way. After another 10 minutes we were finally on our way. Again sitting in the heat on a stuffy coach for half an hour did not put us in the best of moods.

Arriving at Diar el Andalous.

After getting our cases from a very angry bus driver, we walked towards the hotel entrance were we was met with the porter who took our cases of to the right and swooped us off to the left sat us in a room handed us a form and walked off. After looking at the form and figuring we needed to fill it out which is what we did we sat there for another hour and a half without a word before going to reception to find out what was going on to be told our room wasn’t ready and we would have to sit back in the room. Finally being given our all-inclusive wristbands we could get a drink. We were also given a sheet with meal times on, which indicated to us it was lunch time so after asking hotel guest were the restaurant is we left and went to have lunch and then back to reception afterwards to be shown our room.

Room was fine couldn’t fault it at first.

Night time.

At night all we could hear was the thumbing music of the night club situated at the top of the road, which kept us awake all night, when we went to reception about this they said there was no other rooms but we could have a free massage to compensate, which obviously didn’t not help me sleep any better or change the experience I had every night.

Food.

We booked this hotel based on the descriptions and reviews about how great the food was and the variety there was. Well either the reviews were lying or the chief felt he had to cook the same thing for lunch and dinner every day for two weeks as that I what myself, my partner and other guests we had spoken to experienced. Garlic & Lemon Chicken, pizza, chips, and a a Tunisian dish which were all nice but after 12 meal of the same stuff we were forced to eat out, spending money we hadn’t budgeted for as we were meant to be on an all-inclusive holiday.

Additionally, the cooking service we received was appalling for example, the food ran out quickly and took a long time to be re filled, the queues for the live cooking stations were extremely long. We also felt there were significant concerns about the hygiene at the hotel buffet there were birds flying throughout the restaurants landing on our tables, the chicken wasn’t cooked; very pink and raw. The burger they cooked one night were not cooked through and my husband got an extremely bad belly and spent nearly two days in bed. Most food was served lukewarm or sometimes even stone-c old. Again all these reason made us eat out on many occasions making us spend even more money.

Drink

Although I couldn’t fault the variety of soft drinks available the alcohol was terrible. – The only problem I would have is they never re stocked the fridge when the bottles of water were running low only when they had completely run out, so most of the time the bottles of water we were using to cool us down and rehydrate were as warm as the hot tap!! We were told by the bar staff the entertainment team and one of the hotel managers that the beer that was advertised as alcoholic was not alcoholic at all, the vodka run out most nights and left us having to buy our own.

Entertainment

The entertainment staff were excellent especially Samuel, Jamaica, Ayman and Roberto. They were so talkative and friendly and therefore we joined in and had fun doing the activities put on for us during the day. However, a couple of times the daily 4pm activity was archery and although that was enjoyable and group of us wanted to do mini golf instead of archery which no one wanted to do, but when we asked to do mini golf we were told that it was archery or nothing as he couldn’t change the rota. What happened to customer comes first!! Also after around 10.30pm the hotel goes like a ghost town and no one is about or allowed to do anything. A couple of nights when we sat up drinking our own alcohol and socialising with the entertainment staff we asked if he could put some music on quietly in the background to which he answered he wasn’t allowed as it may wake guest up (however the thumping music of the night club across the road and the beach hut opposite the pool didn’t seem to matter). So in general the entertainment staff are excellent with what they can do they just need to be given a little bit more freedom to enjoy their time with the guests and so they don’t have the awkward conversations with the guests when they ask for things, because they are not allowed to do anything.

Air-conditioning

The Air-conditioning in our room was fine, I know it was a problem in other rooms but in general ours was ok. However, in the communal areas such as reception, restaurants and all bars there was no or very little air-con, meaning we were uncomfortably sweating when eating our dinner or trying to enjoy a drink whilst watching the football. When we asked the staff if they could put the air-con on we were told on many occasions that it is too expensive so they are not putting it on!! Which I feel is quite rude and ridiculous bearing in mind how much it costs to stay at the hotel.

Water

During our stay after being at the water park all day we thought we would be able to come back to have a shower before dinner. Well how wrong we were we got back to find that the hotel had no water!! We couldn’t run the tap, turn on the shower or even flush the toilet!! We went to reception to see what was going on where we found the majority of the hotel. The reception staff said quite rudely that there was nothing they could do so we need to leave reception and just deal with it. As a paying guest, I was mortified that the reception staff could be so rude as they didn’t give us an explanation just said we wouldn’t be able to do anything that needed water for at least 3 hours; so no having a shower, cleaning your teeth or going to the toilet etc. We later learnt that it wasn’t just the hotel that had run out of water it was the whole of Port El Kantaoui. We understand that things like this happen, like cut a water pipe or it could burst etc. leaving the hotels with no water, however the way the staff dealt with the problem was appalling and left lot of customers very angry.

Pool

Although the pool was very clean and the outside of it was kept well. I cannot say the same for the bottom of the pool. Whilst doing handstands in the pool I found that the tiles were missing and managed really hurt my fingers in the space were the tiles were missing. Throughout my stay the tiles were coming away meaning that they were on the bottom of the pool which I regularly picked and got them out of the pool because of the amount of children playing.

Towels

We were entitled to one pool towel each that we could renew as many times as we wanted throughout the stay. Well at first as I brought my own towel we only got one towel card and exchanged it for one towel. When we went to renew the towel after a day of being by the pool the lady in the animation hut where you exchanged the towels just moaned every time because we interrupting her when she was reading her book, that if she was there at all leaving us either having to change our own towel or waiting a considerable amount of time until she returned with no apology. Then when we went to reception to get the other towel card (as my personal towel was ruined) we were told we had already had two and couldn’t get another one she showed me in the book my room number with 2 towel written next to it with a signature which was not mine. She insisted it was my signature and told me I couldn’t have another towel. I asked her to look through the book further to find my room number again with 1 towel and my signature to which she answered she couldn’t (not sure why as she had the book in her hands) but if I came back in an hour she may have sorted it and I might be able to get another towel. An hour and half later this was sorted and my signature was further in the book like I said with only 1 towel. However I still had to go and hour and a half with no towel.

Trip

After our welcome meeting we booked a trip with the Thomas cook rep Jennifer to go on the African Dream to Friguia Park. We paid £40 each and was told it would be a great day out where we could feed animals such as giraffes, elephant, kangaroos, hold lion clubs and see sea lion and dolphin shows. We were really excited and when we went to reception at 1.45pm on Friday 20th June 2014 as told but the bus was not there, we waited another 15 minutes and finally it turned up. We get the park and whilst we were still sitting on the coach we learn that the dolphin show isn’t included and that is an additional 20 Dinar per person. We they get out timing itinerary ad we were basically told if you wanted to do everything then we needed to run. As we arrived at 3pm the sea lion show is about to start for half an hour. The dolphin show started at 4pm for half an hour and then we had to be outside the dolphinarium by 4.45pm meaning we have half an hour between the sea lion and the dolphin show to do everything else. Which obviously we didn’t get time to do, we went straight to the animals that we were told in our welcome meeting we could feed only to find that the we had to pay again to feed or touch anything. We needed to make the trip worthwhile as the park was dreadful; very small and all the animals were far away or very dehydrated and skinny they couldn’t actually move but we hadn’t taken a lot of money with us as we were lead to believe everything was included. So we had to borrow money of another hotel guest in order to do any of the feeding or holding. VERY Embarrassing!! We spent another 80 Dinar!! Then we arrived at the dolphin show at 4.06pm after being on a camel ride, only to be told we as not allowed in the dolphin show as it had already started/ We were late by 6mins and our friends who were in the show told us it didn’t start until 8 minutes past 4. So we had to stand around and wait for half an hour!! The evening entertainment was ok, quite repetitive and went om for long time and the food was ok, but at least it was hot, which is more than I can say for the hotel food. When went back to the coach after the show with other people to find they coach had already starting to pull away leaving at least 10 of us at the front gates, luckily it turn back around and picked us up. We arrived back at the hotel at 7.30 when we were told between 8.30 and 8.45 so we were 15min late getting there had an awful time, an hour early getting back and had spent over £150. I can categorically say that the trip is not worth £40pp and is appalling you have to pay more when you get there and would appreciate some compensation (at least half of my money back) for this day trip out.

Enfidha Airport

We arrived at Enfidha airport on the 29th of June at 7.45pm. To be met with we huge queue for check in as they only had 3 desks open for 3 flights. After checking in we went to passport control and queue for over an 1 hour as again they only had 3 desk open whilst in this queue we were told our flight was boarding amongst many other which caused a nightmare in the airport. Asking questions to the staff about what was happening to be ignored or answered with just remain in the queue. After passport control we went to security where only one desk was open with one man checking bags one man sorting the scanner and about 5 member of staff just sitting around on their phones or just watching them why they couldn’t open another desk I will never know. As many flight were being given their final call over the intercom many people started to worry and were pushing in the queue to go through security which again caused a nightmare in the airport which the just seemed to ignore. Finally we got through and although we made it to our flight it was delayed but we finally took off. I am not saying this is the reason but the day we flew home Ramadan started and from 7.30pm the people taking part in this were allowed to eat, drink and smoke and I know it must be hard and tiring not eating from 3am in the morning until 7.30pm but it was as if everyone disappeared to eat, drink and smoke and left us in the terminal to sort ourselves out or to speak to the one member of staff that was available.

Thomas cook flight home.

The flight screw and pilot were all really friendly, however on a night flight that took off at 10.30pm the passengers really did not want the intercom going off every 10 mins telling us the flight screw were coming down with drinks, hot food or duty free, or giving information about the charity. Although we understand this is something that has to be done, the intercom kept going off and for those including myself who wanted to sleep on the flight hone were not because of this.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Emmalou_93x
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Iberostar Diar El Andalous, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Emma,

Firstly we would like to thank you for choosing our IBEROSTAR Diar El Andalous hotel for your honeymoon in Tunisia and for the time you spent to share your feelings on your stay; at IBEROSTAR we realize that there is always room for improvement and feedback is crucial in this process so we thank you for your review.

We sincerely regret reading that your honeymoon was ruined but please, do not fault the hotel for all the problems you had during your stay in Tunisia and let us explain some of the situations that you describe. When you arrived at the hotel IBEROSTAR Diar El Andalous you were received like every guest, with a welcome drink at the lobby. The reception team offers to all new arrivals a refreshing welcome drink whilst filling the registration form and of course, when completed handles the room keys, a welcome letter and gives directions. Then your rooms were ready at noon and after receiving your all inclusive bracelet, you went to the restaurant where the buffet is served.

We feel really sorry for you not been able to sleep well, but the noise you heard was coming from a disco in the same street of the hotel, and we could not provide a different room as the hotel was fully booked at this time of the year. We never offer a massage to compensate this kind of situation for which the hotel is not responsible.

We regret we were not able to meet your culinary wishes; our team of Chefs strives to cater for all diet requirements and please all palates by preparing a wide assortment of both local and international delights form products of prime quality, nevertheless we will forward your review to our head of department for revision, and of course if necessary, for improvement.

Furthermore, our hotel undergoes regular internal and external audits on general hygiene and procedures to keep up with our HACCP certification, we also have an onsite hygienist that goes through a checklist on a daily basis to ensure that all departments are working accordingly with our demanding hygienic standards. Our Maître and management team are present throughout every service to ensure that our guests are enjoying their meals and check the correct operation of the restaurant. We sincerely regret you felt poorly during your stay and not being informed about it immediately as we would have been able to call a doctor for a medical check; we advise our guests to avoid sunbathing between 12.00and 15.00 and not to drink ice cold drinks as this may provoke upset stomachs.

As for the drinks that we provide at the hotel in the all inclusive board, there are all drinks with local alcohol brands but we don´t have pressure bier without alcohol. We apologize for the inconvenience if you couldn´t get enough cold water.

On the other hand, we would like to clarify that the air conditioning works 24 hours in all rooms and public spaces from the hotel, according to the opening times.

Concerning the entertainment team, we are grateful for your kind words towards our staff as well as for your highlight on the cleanliness of your accommodation. Our entertainment team works according to a program and a schedule and they can´t play any music or program different activities outside to this planning on the customers demand because we have to look for the interest of all customers.

Finally, we have to inform you that during your stay there was a breakdown in the area on that particular day and the reception team has informed all guests. We were very disheartened to read your comments on our staff, their hard work, genuine kindness and helpfulness have been underlined in many reviews on different opinion portals and internal surveys. The same story for the woman who takes care of the swimming pool towels, who can only give a towel per person, and every customer points out her helpful attitude.

We are truly sorry to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations on this occasion; hopefully we will be able to fulfill them in the near future, and remain at your entire disposal for any request you might have regarding coming vacations. Our main commitment is to offer the best vacation to our guests, based on the service provided by professionals and the delivery of high quality products; therefore we are always willing to guide you in our call center or through our webpage to make sure that you book an IBEROSTAR hotel among a wide array of beautiful destinations, that can make all your holiday wishes come true.

Kindest Regards,

Online Reputation Manager
IBEROSTAR Diar El Andalous

Reviewed 13 July 2014

First of all I would like to inform you that on your arrival at Enfidha airport the porters will take your luggage off you and head to your coach , don't let them to do this unless your willing to tip them, they are very rude! We didn't know to expect this so just a heads up.
On your arrival to this hotel me and my partner were very excited for our stay after reading positive reviews about this 4 star hotel. Check in wasn't difficult you just have to fill in a form and if you wish to have a safe you will pay 3 dinar a day which is really cheap and you get to set your own 6 digit code. When taken to our room the porters carried our luggage and you feel obliged to leave a tip and this you will do the majority of your trip, everyone expects to be tipped but the service you receive after leaving a small tip is fantastic and they will go the extra mile for you. Our room was on the ground floor and after paying a fortune for this holiday we were at least expecting a sea view, however, we fell in love with our room and when your on the ground floor you can sit out on your balcony at night and everything's a two minute walk (beach,bar,restaurant and swimming pool) so we fell in love instantly after the first night. Rooms are spacious, well air conditioned as you can set the temp of the room and the bathroom is gorgeous! Food at this hotel is buffet for morning,lunch and evening dinner and you get a sheet on arrival with what restaurants/ bars are open at what times. Food was really good and there's plenty of choices you can eat something different every day / night. The staff at this hotel are fantastic especially the waiters, they deserve all the tips we have them and Fathi who works In the sports bar is amazing! The entertainment is good and there is something for everyone including volleyball,archery, tennis, water games and even ballroom dancing which looked like a good laugh! It was a bit hot to participate in some of these games as they were In the afternoon at peak times but I suppose it depends how good you are with 35-40 degree heat in July. Excursions were excellent and we recommend the pirates and gladiators excursion where you visit the colosseum where gladiator was filmed, it's breath taking! Also the camel caravan excursion( it's a must ). Oh and the medina in sousse this a massive market and it is hilarious - I would advise going with a rep and this can be arranged ( travel there.rep stays with you at all times and helps haggle you some bargains and travel back ) all for 13 dina each. You can stop at a little cafe opposite a little market shop called Havana and you must do this when in sousse the view from the rooftop is beautiful and makes the climb through the street markets worth it. The port of kantoui is stunning but here you get hassled every inch that you walk to enter shops and buy there bags etc so just be prepared for this and do not waste your money by putting down deposits on stuff it's there way of keeping your money when you change your mind about buying a fake as you feel under pressure. They can guilt trip you into feeling guilty for walking away with nothing. Over all a really nice holiday and we were sad to come home. If choosing to come to Tunisia I would recommend this hotel to anyone particularly couples and families :) hope you enjoy your holiday as much as we did with ours!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank RionaK
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed at the Iberostar Diar El Andalous from 2 July - 9 July 2014 and have to say that before our arrival, having read some of the more recent reviews felt quite dubious about our choice. Happily, on arrival (late afternoon) we were warmly greeted by the Receptionist and provided with a welcome drink before being asked to complete a registration form. We were given room 197 which faced the gardens and was quiet and gave us easy access to the pool area. I agree with previous reviewers that there are some areas of the hotel which could be 'spruced up' like the hallways, etc but the cleanliness of the hotel was very good. In a past life I was part of the housekeeping team at a 5* hotel so whenever I stay in a hotel I am always on the lookout for improvements! Our bedroom and bathroom was cleaned to a high standard on a daily basis. Some of the towels and bathmats we were provided looked like they could have done with a boil wash but overall the room was spacious and comfortable.

The quality of the drinks provided was very good, and there was ample choice to suit everyone. It wasn't possible to have tea or coffee in the main dining room after dinner but this was easily remedied by the good red and white wine!

The staff of the hotel work exceptionally hard from dawn til dusk and attend to your every whim, I did not feel that they expected tips from me, but if I did tip then I was always thanked. The Staff at the Diar El Andalous were always friendly, courteous and kind. There were so many nice people that it is impossible to name all of them but in particular the Entertainment Team were excellent as were our maid, the staff at the Boutre Bar and our waiter on the outside terrace in the dining room - thank you for remembering our drinks order every night!

The food was plentiful and I am sure that even the fussiest eater would have been happy at this hotel! Of course, the food did tend to be quite repetitive e.g. the same choice of meats and vegetables were offered each night but cooked in various different ways each day. At dinner I always knew that I could expect courgettes, cauliflower and rice or pasta of some variety. Fresh seafood and a special cheese night was hosted although some dishes lacked seasoning.

The location of the hotel is excellent, it is quite near the edge of the resort which means a quick transfer time to/from the airport and is right on the beach which is brilliant! Look out for the myriad of goods being sold on the beach - everything from palm trees to cigarettes were on offer! Watch out for FouFou on the beach who will try and sell you every form of water sport known to man - the paragliding looked great but I was too chicken to try it out!

Room Tip: Don't bother to book a seaview room!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Suzyt25
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Spent a week in the Diar El Andalous.
Booked this as a low key, rest and relaxation holiday and that’s exactly what we got.
The hotel could definitely do with a renovation, but this didn’t detract from our holiday.

Food was excellent quality, large and varied choice and we never went hungry, only had a problem one night when the guy cooking the liver served it up raw in the middle.
The Vodka/Bacardi/Whisky were of the local variety and were “rough” but drinkable….just!!!!
The beer and red wine were fine.

Most public areas have access to wi-fi, we found the strongest wi-fi in the sports bar down the stairs.

Bring a few pound coins with you as there will be plenty of people looking for a small tip before you get the chance to get some Tunisian Dinars….£1 for airport porter if he grapples your suitcase from you….£1 for Thomas Cook bus driver to save him following you into the hotel for you to get change….£1 for the hotel porters……£1 for the guy who sets up your safe.
We tipped most of the hotel staff as the service they gave was excellent, always with a smile. We never felt the pool bar staff deserved a tip, not even when they asked!!!!!

The hotel will change sterling to dinars but not dinars to sterling, you will need to ask for 1 dinar coins. Dinars back to sterling has to be done at the airport.

We had a grand time chilling by the pool or beach all day and then “pigging out“ at night followed by a few drinks of the local rocket fuel.
This hotel doesn’t compare with the Caribbean all-inclusive experience, but after speaking to holiday makers from other Tunisian hotels I’m glad we chose the Diar El Andalous for our holiday.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple