Just spent a week here in July and it was out first experience of Tunisia. We had read a lot about the hotel both good and bad but remained open minded. It all started very well and we were greeted at reception with a cocktail while we completed the necessary forms. Soon after that it was off to our nice air conditioned room. Decent rooms with some English TV and excellent beds. This is only holiday I have had where I have not looked forward to coming back to my own bed! Off for a wander around and you soon realise that hotel positions don't get much better. With its own beach and direct access, this is where we spent the week. The beach staff looked after us and everyone else. The one pool although nice tended to be dominated by the entertainment staff and their loud music, not something everybody wants. Fortunately after the forthcoming refurbishment there will be two pools apparently. You don't come here to diet, the food was very good and there was plenty of it. It was reasonably varied and we enjoyed it. What we did come to learn was as our room was just down from reception how busy the hotel is and it kept us awake at times. People heading back to their rooms at all hours and then people leaving first thing, the doors are not exactly soft close. But, a minor grudge, you can sleep on the beach. We did notice that the air con was less efficient as the hotel filled up. We tried the 'al la carte' restaurant one night, not that impressive as it was a fixed no choice menu although they did replace the lamb for some chicken for my daughter.
Being all-inclusive unfortunately when it came to drinks it was local stuff. The wine was foul unfortunately so I was stuck with the beer that was just about passable. But there was plenty of coke, water and many other soft drinks.
There was not much to do in the evenings apart from the entertainment team and their nightly performance.
What really made the holiday was the staff, all seemed to be happy to have work and could not do enough for you. No matter where you went in and around the hotel everyone was pleasant and polite, they are a credit and I hope they are kept on.
To expand on that, as well as the additional pool, the hotel is having a major refurbishment in November involving apparently an additional floor being built and major upgrade which to be honest it needs. You can see it is looking tired and the building of a large 5* hotel just down the beach is a major incentive. The staff are in limbo, as they will be out of work while this goes on. Contract negotiations are going on at the moment, lets hope they are appreciated as they made out holiday. We will seriously consider returning afterwards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Iberostar Diar El Andalous hotel offers its guests all the charm of Tunisia, as well as a fun, comfortable holiday at a 5-star hotel. Located on the seafront, this hotel has special services for families with children such as a Miniclub, children's playground pool, workshops, entertainment and games, etc. Besides services for children, the hotel features the Star Prestige service which includes a VIP zone with a chill out terrace and Balinese beds, as well as its exclusive services such as its flexible check-out. The Diar El Andalous hotel is the perfect place to try a range of culinary delights. It features four restaurants that serve local cuisine, international dishes, plus a buffet. There are also six bars to enjoy whatever the time, day or night. You can try out the SPA Sensations. Meanwhile there's entertainment for guests of all ages, free Wi-Fi, two outdoor pools and one heated pool, meeting rooms, and the marvellous sandy beach that's located next to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Iberostar, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Iberostar Diar El Andalous reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Diar El Andalous Hotel Port El Kantaoui
- Mercure Hotel Sousse
- Accor Diar El Andalous
- Diar Andalous
- Iberostar Diar El Andalous Tunisia/Port El Kantaoui