Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
4,036 results
All reviews star prestige animation team prestige room pizza main restaurant bar staff sun loungers great holiday every member of staff plenty of choice our waiter sea view a la carte fussy eater evening entertainment something for everyone snack bar
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Just come back from a two week stay at this hotel and we found this hotel lovely. The staff were very friendly, the entertainment staff worked very hard all day and full of fun. The beach and sea was lovely as was the pool. The only problem was there wasn't enough beds and they were all claimed by 7am! The rooms are being refurbished and are very nice with flat screen tv. Maid will change towels every day if you want them changed. Plenty of Tunisian and continental food, so if you are a fussy eater like me you probably won't like it. I did always manage to find something to eat and at the end of the day you are in another country. Fantastic weather and brilliant holiday,

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank chrissy030
Reviewed 19 September 2010

I ,my husband and two friends travelled to Tunisia to this hotel at the beginning of Sept. On arrival it all looked very nice but we were soon to discover how appearances can deceive.
My two friends soon began feeling unwell and when i say unwell they could not go far from a toilet this lasted for all of their stay and indeed on return to U.K.
I myself have been seriously unwell with diarrhoea since my return with stomach cramps worse than labour pains. Tomorrow a trip to the Drs. may reveal the food poisoning bug responsible.I haveto blame the poor food hygiene which was non existent
I lay the blame fairly and squarely on the hotel food.The standards of food hygiene were very poor with food left out for flies and kept at wrong temperatures for hours. Plus ferral cats wandering around in the eating places. Please if you value your health dont go!!!! t

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2010

Recently returned after spending a week at this resort and sorry to say its not up to 4 star quality. We were greeted by guests who were waiting for their transfers to the airport and informed by them that we better find a place to eat as all they were serving at the hotel was pig swill, we laughed it off and disregarded what they were saying, arriving at the reception we were informed that the room was not ready and would we like to eat lunch, we soon realised that the previous guests were not joking when they were slagging the food, it was awful, not anything that was recognisable, except for the bread which was rock hard, the standard of food went from bad to worse as the week went on, we had to go to eat dinner at the port, to get something we could stomach, we did complain to the rep for Thomas Cook. (Jennifer) and she didnt do a thing to help, not surprised her main motivation for being there was not to help guests, it was to stay in tunisia with her future husband and stated so at the meet and greet, which was just about making money for the tour operators by selling excursions.we asked the rep to talk to the hotel management regarding the air conditioning that was not working, the rooms were like saunas and we were not the only guests to have this problem, all she did was take our room number and we eventually had to ask for the director of the hotel to sort this problem, he did and we were moved to a room with air con, so Thomas Cook really need to reduce the price of this holiday and review the food standard that is served to guests and also replace this rep immediately.

1  Thank debferg1968
Reviewed 3 September 2010

I've just came back from a week in the Diar el Andalous and after reading the reviews on here before going I must agree with most.
First impressions were very good, we were shown to the bar and given a drink while our check-in was organised,then the porter came and showed us to our rooms and showed us how to set the room safe. As you have to change your money in Tunisia i gave him a £1 coin tip.
The rooms have recently been reburbished and they were lovely with nice comfortable beds and flat screen TV's, the only niggle I had was that there was no drawers in the room.
The pool area was big with plenty of sunbeds although we preferred to go to the beach.
There was a man at the beach who always managed to find you a sunbed and parasol even though the beach was busy.The beach bar had soft drinks, beer and bottled water which was a must as it was so hot.
The resturant was always busy and the food was okay, I think you would have to be really fussy if you didn't find something to eat. Don't go thinking you will get an english breakfast but there's a chef making omelettes and there's all the usual stuff like cereals,crossiants, scrambled eggs etc
The waiters were good and on the first night we gave the waiter a tip and everynight after that he had a table set with wine in an ice bucket ready for us.
The evening entertainment wasn't very good so we usually just went to the bar. The staff in the bar were very friendly and a lot of the guests met in there.
We went out for a walk into Port el Kantaoui which is about a 20 walk or 4 dinar in a taxi. It was lovely and we weren't annoyed by shop vendors begging us to go into their shops like what we thought would happen.
We were celebrating our anniversary while there and it says in the thomas cook brochure that birthdays and anniversaries get a complimentary bottle of wine and fruit so I mentioned it at the time of booking and we got a nice bottle of red and a bowl of fruit nicely wrapped so it was a nice touch.
Overall we enjoyed our week and would recommend it if your looking for a relaxing holiday.

Date of stay: August 2010
3  Thank carolthomson
Reviewed 30 August 2010

I have just returned from a fortnights holiday at the Diar El Andalous and overall I would recommend this hotel as a good place to stay. However it is not 4 star by UK standards and in my view it is overpriced by Thomas Cook.
I cannot fault the cleanliness or level of service offered. The staff where friendly and efficient, although it was patently transparant the motivation was purely financial with the level of service being markedly better in the last 3 days with the aim of increasing the end of holiday tips. In my experience this is the case everywhere and not unique to Tunisia.
The animation team are very hard working and good at what they do, especially getting people involved in the aquarobics etc but they are hindered by the material they are given to 'perform' at their evening entertainments. The 'baby' and 'miming' sketches are excruciating to watch and the bingo session just goes on and on forever.
I found the food to be plentiful but repetitive and the standard of the various red meats offered was iffy at best, usually fatty and tough. The salad and dessert selections were very good.
Some areas of the hotel could do with a clear up, with broken sun beds/parasols etc left lying around rather than cleared away. The garden areas are well maintained and pretty but there are unused fountains that are a bit of an eyesore. It would have been lovely if they had been working but they clearly havent been for some time so why dont the hotel owners just remove them?
The room was large and nicely furnished, the air con was efficient and important to me it was also quiet. We were told that all Thomas Cook/Thomson clients were automatically allocated a refurbished room.
We went on the 2 day Sahara excursion and I would recommend this if you are interested in seeing more of Tunisia. Overall I think it is very good value for money but the 2 lunches were awful. The overnight hotel at Douz was very good value.
We were shocked at the prices of drinks outside the hotel. In the port area we were fleeced for 16 dinar (£8) for a small beer and 2 sprites. I assume the increase and popularity of all inclusive has affected the independant traders but at those prices their chances of repeat trade was non existent.
I would recommend this hotel, but I would advise booking direct as the prices are markedly cheaper at 85 dinar (£42) per night all inclusive and flights available for under £200 than the package prices from the tour operators.

Date of stay: August 2010