Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Annmarie N

Amazing holiday!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 weeks ago
Where do I start?
I've just returned 24/05/2024 and am already planning to return again next year.

The hotel is amazing. Very clean with beautiful rooms and amazing views and pools.

All the staff are incredible, from the cleaners, to the chefs, bar staff and reception are all amazing. They all go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and are happy to accommodate every need you have. They have a great variety of food and drinks and the beach bar and staff are all amazing too.

A huge thank you to Hedi (night staff) from the moment we arrived he went above and beyond to make us feel at home. He is a true gentleman and it's been a pleasure to have met him. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing him again next year.

The attention to detail in this hotel is amazing and they even surprised my sister with a birthday cake on her special day.

I love, love, LOVE everything about this hotel and my stay. This will definitely be a yearly break for me.

Thank you to everyone who works here. The best holiday I've ever had.
Trip type: Travelled with family
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 3 weeks ago
Dear Annmarie,

Thank you for kindly sharing your feedback with us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and we trust you have taken home some wonderful memories. We will be delighted to welcome you back again soon.

Best Regards,
0.5 miles from Iberostar Selection Diar El Andalous
    £55
View more hotels in Port El Kantaoui
4,145 results
All reviews star prestige animation team prestige room pizza main restaurant bar staff sun loungers great holiday every member of staff plenty of choice our waiter sea view a la carte fussy eater evening entertainment something for everyone snack bar
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at the hotel from 16 - 23 May 2024. I travelled with my sister, brother in law and 10 month old nephew. We all agreed that the hotel was wonderful.

Checking in was very easy and we were taken to our rooms. I have to say that my room was lovely with the biggest, most comfortable bed and kept spotlessly clean by my cleaner. There is plenty of wardrobe space and there is a safe in there. There is also shampoo, conditioner and shower gel in the bathroom. I had a lovely sea view and it was great to sit on the balcony looking at it.

The food we thought was excellent with so much choice and you would have to be very fussy to not find something you liked. We also tried the al a carte restaurants and these were of a high standard.

Drinks were really good and we really liked trying all the different cocktails. We also all thought the wine was good.

The staff are some of the friendliest, helpful people I have ever met and honestly could not do enough for you.

I want to give a shout out to Zahredin in the restaurant who always had a table waiting for us and our wine in a wine bucket on the table. Thank you!

The only constructive criticism we could make is the hotel considering baby changing stations in the main toilets as it was a bit of a pain for my sister and brother in law to have to go back to the room to change my nephew.

Thanks to all the staff, we had a great time.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
online experience Iberostar, Owner at Iberostar Selection Diar El Andalous, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Angela,

We appreciate the time taken to share your experience with us. It is a pleasure to read that your holiday was splendid and we will, of course, relay your helpful observations internally to the relevant departments for their consideration. We hope to have the honour of serving you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am astounded to read the three swingeing reviews I have just seen on accessing this site and can only assume they have mixed up this great hotel with somewhere else. So here’s why:

What a wonderful hotel! My husband, myself and a friend have just spent the last two weeks at Diar El Andalous and had such an amazing holiday we really didn’t want to leave. The hotel is situated on a beautiful stretch of white sand in Kantaoui Bay, near enough to enable a walk along the beach to the lovely Port which takes around 15/20 mins depending on pace. There are plenty of a sun beds on the beach, the sand of which the staff rake to keep clean and smooth, and we preferred to be there during the day to enjoy the gentle sea breeze. If that’s not your preference there are two lovely large outdoor pools, again with plenty of sun beds. We have holidayed here many, many times and it just keeps getting better. It’s like coming home and meeting old friends again. Mohamed, the Assistant General Manager, must take credit for the streamlined organisation of this hotel, the happy friendly staff, the provision of every amenity you could wish for, the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms, the entertainment programme, the loving care of the gardening team when tending the pretty grounds, to mention a few. Every year the huge spread of food in the buffet restaurant grows and the offerings become more and more varied and delicious. We even had Japanese stir fry and sushi on offer as part of a range of international cuisine that stood alongside Tunisian food (delicious), an amazing salad bar, wonderful fresh fish and calamari, lamb, chicken, beef, Italian pizza and pasta dishes, wonderful selection of vegetables and a Vegan section. Oh, and did I mention the amazing deserts, pattiseries, ice cream, strawberries, melon, fresh dates, chocolate fountain and much more? A big thank you to the amazing Chef and all his staff who happily serve with a chat and a smile. Thank you also to our friendly waiters for their great service (Moussa, Hakim and everyone else who served us and made our restaurant visits fun). The rooms at this hotel are very comfortable, clean and well positioned with either sea or garden view and balconies. We had a sea view room in the Star Prestige area which gave us access to the top floor bar and whirlpool and the outside small area with whirlpool - although we didn’t visit them this year as the beach was our preference. Our maid was lovely and spoke sufficient English for us to be able to have a chat. She kept our room spotless and tidy. The entertainments team were great fun and although we didn’t join in with their many and varied activities, they came to chat with us and enhanced our holiday - thank you Zuba and your colleagues. There is a Spa, gym and indoor pool at the hotel and we had a few wonderful massages during our stay. The gym is well equipped and we used it frequently to off-set our food consumption. So to finish, a brilliantly run hotel with happy, warm, welcoming staff who can’t do enough for you. We can’t wait to return again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank yvonne b

Dear Yvonne ,

A review as positive as yours assures us that we are heading in the right direction with our countless efforts. Thank you for staying with us for your holiday. It would be an honour to serve you again.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently stayed at the Iberostar Diar Andalous Hotel for a holiday with friends, and unfortunately, our experience was far from satisfactory. While we spent most of our time by the pool, we couldn't truly relax due to a few issues that left us feeling frustrated.

One of the main issues we encountered was the behavior of the lifeguards. Instead of focusing on their duties, they seemed more interested in flirting with the female guests. It was uncomfortable and unprofessional to witness them constantly approaching girls, asking for Instagram accounts, and even trying to arrange dates. However, I must mention that there was one lifeguard named Khamis who stood out for his professionalism and friendliness.
The staff at the pool bar also left a lot to be desired. If you didn't tip them, they would ignore you and you had to go all the way to the bar to get your drinks. Additionally, their lack of proper English skills made communication difficult, and the cocktails often tasted like they had the wrong ingredients. It was clear that the staff did not possess the necessary professionalism and expertise to handle the bar and serve guests properly.

Moreover, it was evident that the snack bar lacked a professional bartender. Instead, it seemed like anyone and everyone was taking turns bartending. This lack of specialization resulted in subpar cocktail preparation and service. Hiring a dedicated and skilled bartender would greatly improve the quality of the drinks and the overall experience for the guests. Additionally, it would be beneficial for the snack bar staff to be proficient in English to ensure effective communication with international guests.

Additionally, based on our disappointing experience, my friends and I have unanimously decided that we will never consider returning to the Iberostar Diar Andalous Hotel. The issues we encountered, including the unprofessional behavior of the lifeguards, the lack of expertise at the pool and snack bars, and the overall subpar service, have left a lasting negative impression. We believe that it is important to share our experience to help others make informed decisions when choosing accommodations.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Marko J

Dear Marko,

Thank you for sharing your opinion on your visit to our Iberostar hotel.

We would like to assure you that we have a multilingual team that undergoes extensive training to uphold the highest standards of professionalism and exceptional service across all areas. Furthermore, our reception and Guest Service teams are available to address any concerns and will always do their utmost to meet the requests of our guests. We apologise if this was not the impression received, and please rest assured that we will look into your areas of concern, as the well-being of our guests is our utmost priority.

Again, we thank you for your review and wish you the best.

Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

subpar definitely not 5* luxury hotel

food - overall adequate, good buffet selection but not good quality- flies buzzing around and didn’t look fresh at all at times. ended up having to eat at NoMad everyday in the Seabel hotel next door (great food would recommend)

staff - all very friendly, Marwen at reception was great looked after us well & a lovely guy in the restaurant (forgot his name but worked the first set of tables upon entry)

facilities - upgraded to star prestige, access to the private terrace was great as the main pool area was quite loud from the music and activities going on. the jacuzzi on the terrace was under maintenance most of the time we were there which was a shame we didn’t get to use it and also noisy when you’re trying to relax. staff not on the terrace all the time, so definitely not waited on hand and foot as other reviews suggest

room - prestige room was nice but quite standard, view wasnt great, no water in the room had to ask multiple times a day for some to be put in the fridge or go and get some from the bar downstairs. aircon did not work well - constantly felt like 25 degrees in the room even when maxed out

spa - this was good, friendly staff, good prices and great treatments

overall would rate the stay 3/5 wouldn’t return

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Lexi,

Thank you for choosing Iberostar and for writing about your stay.

We aim to provide our guests with the satisfactory culinary experiences we are renowned for, offering a diverse combination of Tunisian and international hot and cold dishes of the highest quality and assure you that we follow strict health and hygiene protocols. We therefore regret if this was not the impression you received, and will pass on your observations to our chefs.

Furthermore, we strive to take care of every detail to ensure our Star Prestige guests receive an optimised holiday experience with the best-located rooms, access to reserved areas and extra personalised services. Regarding rooms, we have a dedicated maintenance team available to rectify any possible technical issues and our reception staff is at hand to address any doubts. However, we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused, and please rest assured that we will forward your concerns to the appropriate departments for their revision.

We would like to thank you for praising our friendly staff and once again for your feedback. We hope Iberostar remains in your future holiday plans and wish you all the best.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am writing to express my deep disappointment with my recent stay at the Iberostar Diar Al Andalous hotel in Tunisia. After a year of hard work, I was looking forward to a relaxing and enjoyable vacation. However, my experience at this hotel left me feeling frustrated and unsatisfied.

Let me begin by acknowledging the friendly and amazing reception staff who greeted me upon arrival. Their warm and welcoming attitude was consistent with my previous visit to the hotel, which is why I chose to return. Unfortunately, this positive impression quickly faded once I encountered the main restaurant and snack bar.

As a vegan, I struggled to find suitable meal options at the main restaurant. On the first day, I managed to find some vegetables from the buffet. However, on the second day, I was disappointed to discover that there were no main course options available for vegans.
Seeking a solution, I approached the Food and Beverage (F&B) manager, Sameh, to discuss my dietary needs. To my surprise he seemed completely unaware of the concept of veganism and was unable to provide any assistance. His lack of knowledge and understanding was evident in his inability to communicate effectively. Moreover, I couldn't help but notice that he was giving special attention only to young ladies who were also guests at the hotel, leaving other guests like myself feeling neglected.

Frustrated and hungry, I had no choice but to venture outside the hotel to find a restaurant in Port Kantawi where I could have a proper vegan dinner. This inconvenience disrupted my relaxation and added unnecessary stress to my vacation.

The following day, when I visited the snack bar in hopes of finding some vegan options, I encountered the manager once again. However, this time his behavior was even more disappointing. He completely ignored my presence and failed to acknowledge my greetings,while lavishing attention on the young ladies nearby. His unfriendly and dismissive attitude made me feel unwelcome and unimportant. It is disheartening to witness a beautiful hotel, part of a renowned company like Iberostar, hiring individuals like Sameh, who not only lack experience and knowledge of the hospitality industry but also show favoritism towards certain guests based on their age and gender. This kind of behavior is completely unacceptable and goes against the principles of fairness and equality.

Furthermore, I must mention that the snack bar itself was in disarray. The staff members seemed to have difficulty communicating in English, which made it even more challenging to express my concerns. Their angry and displeased expressions only added to the negative atmosphere.

Considering my disappointing experience, I regret to say that I will never return to the Iberostar Diar Al Andalous hotel. As a guest, I believe it is essential for hotels to prioritize customer
satisfaction and provide adequate services, especially when it comes to dietary requirements. I hope my feedback can help the hotel management address these issues, including the behavior of employees like Sameh, and improve the overall experience for future guests.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Aneta T

Dear Aneta,

Thank you for choosing Iberostar for your holiday and for sharing your review with us.

We regret to hear that our gastronomy did not meet your expectations. At Iberostar, we are deeply committed to providing exceptional cuisine and catering to the diverse dietary preferences of our guests. Our culinary offerings include a dedicated section for vegans and vegetarians, and our chefs are always willing to prepare personalised meals for guests with specific requirements.

We also want to assure you that our staff members are highly trained professionals known for their friendly and proactive service and strive to ensure that all our guests enjoy a delightful dining experience. We apologise if this was not the impression you received and for any inconvenience you experienced. Your feedback is invaluable to us, and we will communicate your observations to the relevant teams for their careful consideration.

Thank you once again for your review. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to one of our Iberostar hotels worldwide, located in some of the most beautiful destinations.

Best regards,