“You get what you pay for !! It's 3***”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Soviva Resort

Soviva Resort
Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Port El Kantaoui
walsall
“You get what you pay for !! It's 3***”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Big thankyou to the hotel for our bouquet of flowers and our decorative room on our 1st year anniversary . Not planned just mentioned it and they said no problem we will do something for you so thankyou again .

Just returned from the soviva 19th July to 3rd august .
1st time to Tunisia but was wary as heard bad reports and reviews of this place and Tunisia as a whole. .... RIGHT..
We stayed room 1019 and it was at the back of the hotel so not much view . Palm tree and wall .
Very quiet but very dated at the same time, face lift needed .
Spacious and clean everyday
Lack of plug sockets so take extension leads !
Pool is spacious and cleaned everyday . Great pool side boys . Who tidy up beds and clean the pool and general watch the pool .
Great main slide but one slide wasn't working as was not attempted to be fixed in this time
Pool bar is a complete joke . 1 tender and cues for ages .
Not enough staff to accommodate the hotel for this .
Easy 5 to 10 min wait for a drinkable drink .
Coke is flat. Beer is warm to cold and spirts are not something you can get drunk on.
Evening bar is worse longer wait and same drinks .
Very Very Very bad point. You must be up for 5am yes 5am to get towels on your beds otherwise come after 8am your struggling !
Breakfast lunch and tea and snacks . It's eatable simple as that . Nice salads .turkey beef and chicken is mostly in everything .
Put half stone on in 2 weeks and I eat well in that time so I personally can't complain of the food a range of something for everyone !!
Sam the ice cream boy is very nice and a thanks to him.
Waiters can be a bit rushed of there feet and not always pleasant so to serve a cattle market at these times can be stressful but see the head waiter walking around he generally sorts you out quicker .
Tip waiters normally speeds things up 10 dina is a lot to these guys
Before I say this what a great bunch of lads the animation team are . Specially Mohammed Ali and mosquit who everyday came and spoke to us and had a laugh together
Now the evening entertainment is pathetic and a joke !!! Bored every night as it was more for kids and dancing constantly . No shows was worth watching and it was comedy sketches/ dance shows which are part of the kids dance and little games etc . No one from the outside came in to entertain so don't waste your time thinking it might get better thru out the Hol as it DONT ! .
Go to the marina where there are nicer restaurants and bars
Wifi is poor too . Need to stand at reception counter to get good service and even that is slow ,
Russian are there and they think they own the hotel rude arrogant and could do with a slap as they cue jump and pinch your beds.
Spa is ok had 2 massages whilst there
Steam room could do with a clean as mold was everywhere
look I could go on, these are little points
but it's a 3*** average hotel average food average everything and it's cheap to go but it has blue skies and 40 degree heat , I had a nice time apart from the night time so I would not return on the basis of I go some where new every year . But thankyou for your stay I would not recommend .
Hope things change as it would be a nice hotel

Room Tip: Another hotel
2 Thank maley1977
SovivaManagemement, Director of Sales at Soviva Resort, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Marley,
Thank you for visiting The Soviva Resort Hotel and thank you as well for your nice compliments.
Please note that these positive comments are making all Soviva Resort Hotel Staff encouraged prepared and eager to make our guests enjoying their holidays.

some negative points are already sorted out (Wifi connexion, more staff...)
Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Aberdare
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Went here July 2014,family holiday and my 1 year old daughter's first holiday. I read all the bad views about this hotel after booking the holiday but went there with an open mind looking forward to the holiday. The bad reviews I read were correct...Lunch time at this hotel is like feeding time at the zoo. Everyone is pushing past each other, even the people working there were hurrying my mother along when she was dishing out her food. The food here isn't the best. There's chips and basic meat like chicken or beef but my daughter (who isn't a fussy eater) didn't even like the chips. I was very lucky that I used my head and brought the kiddies ready meals in my suitcase. Big fuss about heating the meals up in a microwave as there wasn't one in our room. Drinks from all bars and restaurant were warm EVERY TIME!!
The rooms weren't the cleanest. The rugs in the rooms were filthy and full of hair!! Air con wasn't the best either.
Around the pool area there were those plastic coverings around the edge of the pool. My daughter stepped onto one and her leg fell through resulting in a bruised and bloody leg! The coverings don't fit tidy and are wedged with broken bits of plastic!!
The music in the day time is way too loud and bassy can't even hear yourself speaking. Very loud at night aswell and music doesn't stop until gone 12am!!
Went for a walk one afternoon around hotel complex and we saw big manholes with out their covers on!!
Some members of staff here are very friendly especially the young photographer at the hotel who took beautiful photos of me and my family for my birthday. Lovely man, while others are quite rude. Specifically the old man who hangs around the dining area during meal times!
There is quite a walk to the beach which is actually outside of the hotel not within or attached to the hotel as we thought!! Lovely beach and bar food there mind!!
Wouldn't recommend going outside the hotel to the souvenir shops during the evening/night as the shop owners are very very pervy and creepy. Also don't fall for the 'have u got change for...' Line as it is a scam. A maid cleaning our hotel even TRIED to use that one on us!!
Safe to say we won't be coming here again. Only good points were the weather was very nice and SOME members of staff were also.

Dear Kaylmall 88,
Thank you aswell for your comments and remarks.
Would you please note that all Management are taking this review and these remarks on consideration and working on them in order to improve our service.

Travellers are raving about these Port El Kantaoui hotels

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

it was our first time at soviva, travelled 12-26 july 2014 . on arrival we were greated by porter who took our bags while we filled in hotel form, he then got us bottles of water and took us to our rooms. we have 5002 and 5004 which were connecting rooms on top floor overlooking the gardens at front of hotel. our room was clean and really big a lot bigger than others. our lovely cleaner can every day giving clean bedding ,clean towels and keeping the room spotless, some days our towels were made into different shapes and flowers placed on our beds,she really earned her tips.
beautiful pool with slides and whatever time you went down to the pool the pool guys would always find you beds and get you mattress so need to get up at stupid o clock.
we found afew of the waiter lovely and even bought drink to you by the pool and found you proper beer glasses to drink out of in the evening instead of the usual plastic cups.
food couldn't fault it at all there was so much to chose from so no one would ever go hungry staying there, they had fresh to order pancakes and omelettes at breakfast and pizza to order at lunch along with the big buffet counters. wouldn't reconmend going to dinner at 6,30 as its very busy so leave it a bit later. beach bar was lovely they did own fresh to order food at lunch in great shaded seating area, the beach had its own beds and mattresses. plenty of water sport on the beach, my sons did paragliding for about £11 each and jet skiing for £14 each. if you are buying trips don't buy from the men going round the pool as it a lot cheaper to buy it yourself. he was charging £20 each for quad biking but we went to the quad biking place opposite hotel where they charge £8 each.
animation team were good in the day doing mini golf, water polo, zumba,kids clubs, bowls,darts but the same lovely guys were doing the evening entertainment which was poor all they seem to do is dance so we went out and about a few evenings. formal one bar over road is nice about £1 for a beer. the harbour is really nice plenty for place to eat and shops that are fixed prices and some where you haggle. we did another trip to el dgem which we did ourselves instead of with Thomas cook as you get a lot more time there and getting your own taxi there is cheaper,its well worth at visit.all in all we had a great holiday 2 adults and 17 &18 year old lads

12 Thank shaz130887
Dear Shaz,
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I have just came back from the soviva resort from the 23rd for a week, and I highly would not recommend it to anyone unless you enjoy, bad quality hospitality and an overall atmosphere.
I went with a another adult and a child, the entertainment is nothing like you would expect, well if your used to going to the likes of Spain, ect. The food, in my opinion is terrible, hardly any choice and usually undercooked, if your used to good food id recommend you eat out like we did, at a bistro down the road 'sunflower' quality food and very cheap.
In addition, the waiters who bring your drinks at lunch and dinner are very unpleasant and rude, my brother fell over due to rain and they left him and laughed, and they have no ice for drinks so by the time your drink comes it's very warm.
The people are very derogatory and to upfront they intend on harassing you if you don't go in their shops and try and haggle with you. Moreover, the hotel is too packed filled with every nationality you can think off, this is why we had to wake up at 5am just to put towels on the loungers. The staff prioritise certain people first, for instance blonde women. In our room it' was very basic nothing to moan about really, however we came in on our second night to find a dead cockroach with ants around it, our room had been fumigated twice, and the smell off the corridors is appalling. On the other hand, the pool was the only part we enjoyed, the pool is large the other is average. However after my experience of Tunisia and attempting to leave on the day we arrived I will never ever return to this country/hotel ever again, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Best regards from sunny TUNISIA
Surrey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have just arrived back from soviva, my family and i stayed for one week. We stayed in rooms to the side of the hotel they were clean and basic but fine for ours needs working shower, bed and fridge.air con.excellent pool good choice of activities with really lovely animation team who work really hard.food is ok always something to eat. Waiters are great find you a table get your drinks always smiling, they work so hard i had no problem in giving them a tip they deserve it.As mentioned before in reviews there is a shop that sells everything but shop around and as we found out the shops at the airport on your way home are VERY cheap, much cheaper so if you can hang on i would buy there anything from handbags,purses, leather goods wooden items etc. hotel entertainment did get better as the week went on the entertainment team are the nicest bunch of people you could wish to meet. They have just got a new entertainment organiser who is already improving the entertainment and im sure it will get better and better because they work so hard.All in all a very friendly hotel and always trying to make sure you have a good holiday. Moahammed Ali or Dali one of the entertainer team who we chatted to daily was lovely making sure we were enjoying ourselves.

9 Thank Sunnybunny1
Kind regards
cardiff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Soviva with my 6 year old son. After reading some of the reviews AFTER booking, i did get quite nervous and arrived with a view of the hotel in mind. However, the reviews i read couldn't have been more wrong in my opinion.
The staff are very welcoming and helpful, we were escorted to our room by a lovely porter. When people complain so much about the staff expecting tips... Get a grip. These people work hard, they do everything they can to help you and in all honesty, they need the tips. They make up their wage. I for one think they deserve it.
The room was quite basic but spotlessly clean. great view of the pool.
The food was delicious. Even to the fussy tastebuds of my son!
Onto the entertainment team.. Absolutely brilliant. All the kids loved them, they were fab with them and had a variety of fun things to do. My son really missed the one member of the team after we got home! The beach is gorgeous, with paragliding. Own beach bar. The only bad thing is the walk to the beach. The area surrounding the hotel is so run down. But with everything you need in the hotel, there really is no reason to leave. Honestly, i'm a fussy bugger at times but this hotel really is worth you booking. I loved it and I will be returning!

• Stayed October 2013
8 Thank Nikki G
Dear Guest,
First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing The Soviva Resort Hotel and for your very sympathetic feedback. We are very glad to read that our service from your arrival till your departure has been pleasant. Looking forward to welcoming you in the near future to make your next visit unforgettable again.
Best Regards,
Crieff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Heres my review of our 2 weeks stay at Soviva and Tunisia in July 2014:

Arrival at Airport - Cases whisked of us by porters as we exited airport (happened so quick didn't get a chance to say no). They took cases a mere 50 yards to coach. They asked for 10 English pounds- airport notices state they should get 3 or 4 dinars(£1 - £1.50). I gave then 10 dinars each and they still wanted english money. First of many cases of trying to rip you off.
Room - Arrived at hotel and room was ready which was great as we wanted make use of the sun right a way. Porters take bags to room (another tip). Room was clean enough but very basic but reasonably clean. Air conditioning very poor which in the heat of Tunisia was not ideal. Maids cleaned rooms everyday and were excellent especially if you tipped them early on.

Restaurant - What can I say about restaurant - Most unorganised place I have seen. One many occasions we had to wait on plates, cups, bread, cutlery. Even when it was there it was not not the cleanest. As for the food, it has to be the most disgusting food I have ever eaten on holiday especially at breakfast time. If you like chicken, turkey or beef done every way possible (but always very dry) then you are ok. We had to eat out half a dozen times to survive. The waiters serve your drinks unfortunately they are very slow and you have finished your meal before you have them. I would suggest tipping them at start of holiday and then every couple of days, What a difference this makes.

Pool - The pool are is fantastic loads of beds, plenty space. The pool is huge and always clean. The slides are good and not really that busy. If you tip the pool attendants they will keep beds for you where you want everyday. Saves you getting up early in the morning.

Bars - Once again very disorganised, they don't listen to you, always getting drinks wrong, always running out of Glasses (or cups). Yes beer in cups. This caused big queues. Most days one person on bar, again queues long and slow. Beer is absolutely disgusting, watered down local rubbish as are spirits.

The hotel allow people to walk around the hotel/pool area hassling you into buying everything from excursions to spa treatment (they are particularly bad and constantly hassle you). They guy selling the fish treatment is particularly pushy and aggressive.

Excursions - Avoid the pirate ship adventure sold by "Capt Jack" at the pool. What an absolute waste of money and once on the boat they try to sell you every thing from overpriced drinks to photos to bandanas etc.
Quad bike excursion sold by guy at pool is very good and well worth the money. Dont pay anymore than £15 to £20 pounds.

Entertainment team - They try very hard but they activities are very poor and they evening entertainment is poor and very unorganised.

Port El Kantaoui resort - Not a bad resort and the marina is lovely but prepared to be hassled into looking at their shops and being pestered constantly to buy stuff. if you dont they dont like it.

Overall, Soviva resort is very poor probably the worst hotel I have stayed in and I will definitely not be returning there ever and I will have to be persuaded to return to Tunisa either.

2 Thank Saundec2112
Thank you aswell for your comments and remarks.
Hope that you are changing your mind and book again to be a repaeat guest to our hotel and see the improvement

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port El Kantaoui
El Mouradi Club Selima
El Mouradi Club Selima
#19 of 33 in Port El Kantaoui
Thalassa Sousse Resort & Aquapark

Been to Soviva Resort? Share your experiences!