Hasdrubal Thalassa Hotel & Spa Port El Kantaoui
LTI Bellevue Park(Port El Kantaoui)
US$94
US$92
US$191
US$125
  • Breakfast included
Marhaba Palace Hotel(Port El Kantaoui)(Great Value!)
US$67
El Mouradi Palm Marina(Port El Kantaoui)(Great Value!)
US$58
El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui(Port El Kantaoui)
US$48
US$47
  • Pool
El Mouradi Club Selima(Port El Kantaoui)
US$48
US$47
US$157
  • Pool
Hotel Abou Sofiane(Port El Kantaoui)
US$98
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
STEIGENBERGER Kantaoui Bay(Port El Kantaoui)
US$154
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Diar El Andalous(Port El Kantaoui)
US$241
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 August 2009

This is the 4th time I've stayed here, as part of a girls spa holiday. We adore it, and can't understand why Airtours have dropped the hotel! The hotel has fantastic facilities, with amazingly spacious grounds. Its so relaxing to know that you wont have to queue for sunbeds, or race to be first at the best spots! The grounds are lovely, a riot of flowers at all times. The spa is brilliant, and the staff speak enough English to cope, though nearly all guests are French/German/Russian. Its an experience, but well worth it. In fact, if we're honest, part of the attraction is that there are so few English speakers there. The Europeans are, I'm afraid, so much more civilised, and hardly any kids! Not that I don't appreciate kids on holiday, but on a spa break it tends to disturb the peace and tranquility of the gardens/pool area.
The food is excellent, tho we tend to go B&B. This year, for various reasons we ate in the hotel restaurant one night, and were amazed at how good, and good value it was. Usually we eat in one of 5 or 6 gorgeous restaurants in the marina area.
Hoping to go back next year!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Annaclara
Reviewed 10 August 2009

I was not impressed by the level of customer service in this hotel. We asked for a Turkish coffee after dinner, they told us we have to go to the bar --so why have it in the menu if you don't serve it in the restaurant--!! We asked for a small spoon to eat rice pudding, the waiter told us that we can use the big spoon available in the table...!! In our way out we told the manager how we felt and how his staff treated us. The next night we were assigned to a different waiter and we got an awesome service and even a free Turkish coffee!! Even though it was their job to give a good customer service and all was included in the bill as we were half board, but we decided to "tip" everyone including the manager, who was looking for us the third night, instead we decided to go casual and seat in the terrace.
Also the beach was very dirty and has a lot of rocks...

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CaSunshine101
Reviewed 8 July 2009

Firstly, I would like to say that the hotel is geared to the ' Spa Holiday' market and that I was staying here on business. However, this does not get away from the fact that what is described / stated as being a 5 star establishment is far from it. The hotels appearence is best described as opulent. The lobby is large and the decor suits accordingly but they appear to miss the fundementals of making guests comfortable and happy. Its the first time I've seen greek pillars covered in the same carpet as on the floor!
The reception, along with the staff, is sombre and the apperance of the restaraunt, bar and interior is - well - just dull.
Given that the temperature outside was in the 40's during my stay I was looking forward to getting back to my room and cooling off - I would have been better off nailing a seagull to the wall and letting it flap its wings! Everywhere was roasting and when I asked about this I was met with a very puzzled look but offered no solution.
The rooms - although clean, are less of a standard of any Premier Inn or business hotel in the UK (and thats saying something!). The food is OK but nothing special and rather pricey. Unless you are for the Spa Holiday thing (which I didnt try) I would look elsewhere,
In short, I will not be staying there again.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Manwithplan
Reviewed 17 September 2008

We (myself and my wife) have stayed in Hasdrubal hotel from 30 august till 12 September 2008. We liked this hotel. Very convenient location (close by marina), very clean hotel and room, fine garden, friendly stuff. Good food although my wife considers that breakfasts were poor. We had nine-day Mandara programs in Thalassa center. Only pleasant sensations remaind.
Live music was every evening - two guys with guitar and keyboard instruments or ethnic tunisian group - proper performance.
I played tennis during 5 days with very good coach from Sousse and golf 1 day - rather unpleasant ( slippery) man.
There were two local disadvantages because from Ramadan - too late dinner and early closing of Thalassa center.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Igor_STR
Reviewed 3 March 2008

I stayed in the Hotel Hasdrubal in Port El Kantoui for the last week in February 2008.

From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome and were greeted by very friendly staff that could not do enough for you to welcome you to their hotel. We shown to our rooms where there awaited for us a lovely fruit basket a bottle of wine as a welcome.

The following morning we enjoyed a great breakfast from a marvellous buffet which featured everything from breads, pastries, cereals, fruits, meats and cheeses. Omelettes and other such egg dishes were prepared to order by the chefs.

The lunch menu in the hotel was also marvellous.

We were staying half board and can not speak highly enough of the quality of the food offered in the dining room in the evening. The variety of foods on offer each night was fantastic.

The spa section of the hotel was out of this world and is a definite must for anyone to see.

The pool area of the hotel was also very good with a very big outdoor pool and an indoor heated pool.

Overall the staff members are very friendly and very accommodating. There is a wonderfully laid back relaxed atmosphere in the hotel as a whole and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Barry S