1,896 results
All reviewssea viewanimation teammain restaurantpancakesbar staffwonderful holidaypool barbeefwater sportsentertainmenttunisiaantssellersgerman
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The hotel is very clean and rooms (suite) spacious but very basic. Staff are very accommodating but some male staff are a little too 'friendly' with female guests.
Would not rate this hotel 5* due to the 'help yourself' beer and wine taps at poolside and disgusting plastic beakers. No small bottles of water available .

The food is ok but disappointing when the Asian restaurant was again self service and the food was the same as offered in the main restaurant.
Great location on beach, a pleasant walk (about 40 minutes to the harbour) bars very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from my stay at this Lovely hotel. (25th June- 9th July).

We arrived at the Hotel and we were welcomed by the staff with very warm smiles and drinks. We checked in and luggage was brought to our rooms by the porter. Was a lovely way to start the holiday.

Hotel: is located right next to the beach with lovely views from our room (385). Entrance area/lobby is very nice with fountains leading you into the entrance and inside glass elevators and more water features. There is a small shop which sells souvenirs, food, drinks and other bits and bobs (no batering). There are 2 main bars and 2 self service bars (1 located by the pool and 1 by the lunch time restaurant). There are 2 main restaurants. 1 located inside the hotel wich was used for breakfast and tea time meals. Breakfast you could sit anywhere but at tea time you were allocated a seat (you have to speak to the head waiter on your arrival to let them know what sitting you want for tea) Also trousers must be worn by men for the evening meal. The other located by the beach used for lunch time. There also 3 other restaurants. Mediterranean which is located same as the lunch time and a Asian which is located inside and a tunisian next door.

Pool/sunbeds: the pool is probably a little bit to small for the capacity of the hotel. The first week we had no trouble getting sunbeds near the pool reseving them about 8.30/9 then going to breakfast. In the 2nd week we missed out 2 or 3 times but was pleanty on the beach so just went there instead.

Room: Our room was very spacious, clean and tidy. Seperate toilet and bathroom. With a balcony looking out over the pool and the beach (to the left). Had a mini fridge which had a bottle of fanta, lemonade and a bottle of water on arrival. If needing refilling you had to ask at reception before 12.00 or ask at the bar for a bottle of water. Rooms were cleaned daily with new towells if left on bathroom floor.

Staff: all the staff I couldnt fault all seemed friendly and happy. And seemed they would do anything for you.

Food: Always lots to choose from. And always tasty. We went to the Asian restaurant and the Mediterranean both were gorgeous.

Location. I must admit when arriving you go down a street which looks unfinished and a bit dirty and your not expecting a 5* hotel to be there. We ventured out a fair bit a long the main road there a few shops some are ok (ali baba shopping centre and hawaii shopping centre are priced fairly and no need to barter [15 min walk]) but there are a few others which you need to barter and we only went in once to a few of them. On our last night we ventured to ghe shops and were hassled a bit by locals. Offering drugs and my friend to come down an alley but we just ignored and said no thankyou. That was the only night which this happening and it was when the football was on so could of been linked. The actual port is located about 45 mins walk which we only done once to perfectly honest there wasnt a whole lot there. A few locals trying to sell.

Summary: I have given this hotel 5* mainly for the staff and service I recieved. Do I think the hotel was 5*? Probably not there was something I couldnt quite put my finger on and still cant it is probably a 4*+. But at the end of the day its your holiday and you make it. I really enjoyed my stay and my whole experience of Tunisia. I would definitely go back to the hotel and to Tunisia and reccomend it also :).

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Richard P
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Arrived 01.00 due to French air traffic control closing air space, drink on arrival wrist band and up to our room, very nice room overlooking the pool with sea view, a little dated but still very nice.
Breakfast was very informal, you can sit anywhere but evenings you sit at your allotted table, food was absolutely fantastic, better than Sharm and lots of it.
Off to the pool, errrrrrm not today not a sun lounger to be had so we went to the beach. Still lots of sunbeds to be had, dipped my toe in the rather murky sea water with bits of grass cuttings and paper bobbing around my feet, jesus it was cold, in saying that quite a few did brave the cold water.
Lunch and drinks were only a few yards off the beach which was handy, lots of flies about so you had to eat fairly quickly, be careful around drink dispensers lots of wasps helping themselves you had to be quick, all very tasty despite the wildlife.
Evening meal, we chose first sitting, excellent food and service couldn't fault it, long trousers were expected and casual smart for the ladies, good job i brought a pair.
Now if you want a sunbed by the pool you really do need to go down very early to reserve them, like 06.00 or earlier, just not enough to go round.
Oh one other thing, if you like a cuppa early in the morning pack a little kettle nothing in the room only water and a couple of soft drinks, you can get extra water sent daily or pick one up from the lobby bar they also gave me a large bottle of diet coke which went very nicely with my vodka on the balcony, lol.
A great week with great weather, would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dirtykurty
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel but not 5 *.. Room was average but nothing special. The staff were lovely and couldn't be any more helpful or friendly. Always offering drinks and getting them for you..
The main downside to this hotel is the POOL had we known the size of the pool we wouldn't of come here. You have to get up at least at 6am to reserve a sunbed otherwise by 7 they are all gone !!! The beach is ok but got stung by jellyfish twice in the space of 5 mins and was very painful..
Food is definitely the best I have had out of all the all inclusive hotels I have been too and the wine and spirits are good too..
This isn't a family hotel if you have young children it's for adults and older children as there isn't much too do..
It's very confusing when you first get here as you have no idea where to eat etc.. You have a specific seating time every evening in the buffet and have to sit at the same table... The staff are all lovely though and couldn't fault them..
Have had a nice relaxing holiday but wouldn't come back here due to the pool size for this huge hotel and the fact we had to get up at 6 am every morning just to lay by the pool.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Freya1986
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed here during the last fortnight in June. Excellent quiet room and the food was amazing so MUCH choice. All areas very clean and staff very friendly. Would definitely stay again. Some sunbeds around the pool were reserved from very early on. It was strange that the hotel rules say do not reserve sun beds, but the pool staff did for some guests. Fortunately we always got a bed where we wanted. I preferred the garden and lied under a palm tree. No problem with bugs.
Beach was lovely to walk along and no problems with sellers there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple