Have just come back from a 1 week stay as a couple and can honestly say we had a fab time. A bit surprised by the average reviews from people, however all I can say is that this holiday can be as good or as bad as you make it! We went to relax but also ended up horse riding, go-karting and jet-skiing as they were such a reasonable price. We also got a spa deal which was very reasonable and about half the price of the u.k.
We found it all very relaxing, yes sun beds are harder to find around the main pool area, however we managed to find plenty of space at 9.30/10 at the beach and by the afternoon there was plenty of room in both the gardens and the beach as everyone tends to go to lunch or back to their rooms. Pool area very clean, a bit noisy with people and music but if it did not have the entertainment people would complain it was boring! If you want to chill just go to the beach!
Food was great, we heard someone complaining that there was only pizza and pasta, well yes this was available every day but for the more adventurous there were tons of salads, meats and fish etc. we were confused why people would complain as I managed to have a different meal every night. We also went to the Indian and Italian al carte which were a nice change if you don't fancy the main restaurant. Steak restaurant was very good, yes you have to pay but for £40 we had a fairly decent bottle of wine and 3 courses each, try getting a decent steak etc. for that price elsewhere!
Tipping wise we were a bit confused how to do it, but we tipped our waiter about 5 dinar at lunch (around £2) and £10 on an evening, only if they had served us well! If you don't tip you still get good service, but by tipping we arrived at our table in our normal area and the waiter went to get us drinks immediately, just makes a tiny difference.
Overall a beautiful hotel, very clean and everyone extremely friendly so we will be back next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel had an upgrade in 2014, so it's sporting a stylish new look. less than a ten-minute walk from a long ribbon of sand. Plus, a cab into Port EI Kantaoui takes less than five minutes. And if you want to explore a bit further out, the city of Sousse and its ancient medina are only a 15-minute drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Royal Kenz Hotel Thalasso & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Royal Kenz
- Royal Kenz Hotel Tunisia
- Royal Kenz Port El Kantaoui
- Royal Kenz Tunisia
- Royal Kenz Hotel Thalasso & Spa Tunisia/Port El Kantaoui