I stayed for a week in June at the Kenz and it was a very pleasant stay. The hotel is very clean and the room was lovely, my only criticism about the room being that there was no coffee in the room (only tea) but I'd read the previous reviews and took my own coffee sachets. There was plenty of seating in the public areas which was nice and the queues for drinks weren't too bad compared to other all inclusive hotels.
Food was very nice with a great deal of choice. During my stay, I felt that the dining room was understaffed and the poor waiters were over worked for the number of guests which meant piles of uncollected plates at the waiter stations or waits for drinks. Neither is what i'd call a great dining experience. I don't blame the waiters - they worked so hard but the hotel should employ more staff in the dining room, It would make it feel less canteeny. I suppose its a common issue in all inclusive hotels with many guests eating at the same time.
Lunch was best at the italian restaurant - freshly cooked food was brought to your table, and its no extra cost. I'd trade the lack of choice for the quieter more relaxed eating and the avoidance of the crowds in the canteen.
The beach is a 5 minute walk away which is fine. It was a bit busy the week I was there but I could always find a sun bed albeit quite far back as I was always late arriving. I think the issue is that the hotel only has a relatively narrow section of the beach compared to nearby beachfront hotels so you tend to be sat behind each other and further from the water edge unless you are one of those people who get up at 6am to reserve spaces (not my idea of being on holiday !)
All in all, it was a good value holiday for the price paid and the sheesha cafe was well worth visiting for a relaxing evening and a great sheesha.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel had an upgrade in 2014, so it's sporting a stylish new look. less than a ten-minute walk from a long ribbon of sand. Plus, a cab into Port EI Kantaoui takes less than five minutes. And if you want to explore a bit further out, the city of Sousse and its ancient medina are only a 15-minute drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Kenz Hotel Thalasso & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Royal Kenz
- Royal Kenz Hotel Tunisia
- Royal Kenz Port El Kantaoui
- Royal Kenz Tunisia
- Royal Kenz Hotel Thalasso & Spa Tunisia/Port El Kantaoui