The Dunes Golf and Spa Resort
LTI Bellevue Park(Port El Kantaoui)(Great Value!)
US$80
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Iberostar Diar El Andalous(Port El Kantaoui)
US$115
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
US$86
  • Breakfast included
El Mouradi Palm Marina(Port El Kantaoui)(Great Value!)
US$43
Hotels.com
Daphne Club Miramar(Port El Kantaoui)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Abou Sofiane(Port El Kantaoui)
US$84
US$66
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Marhaba Palace Hotel(Port El Kantaoui)(Great Value!)
US$40
STEIGENBERGER Kantaoui Bay(Port El Kantaoui)
US$98
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Kanta(Port El Kantaoui)
HotelQuickly
  • Breakfast included
El Mouradi Club Selima(Port El Kantaoui)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I visited Tunisia in May 2013...and the Dunes is probably the best apartments I have stayed at whilst going abroad. The resort was absolutely immaculate and the surroundings were stunning with beautiful palm trees and a lovely bridge over looking the pool.

The apartments are equipped with cutlery and utensils, so I was able to rustle a quick meal in the evening and enjoy my meal on the balcony facing the lovely peaceful gardens, whilst enjoying the subtle music which is played near the pool area. Cheap grocery stores are seconds away from the resort.

The location is also ideal, as u are only a short distance away from port el and transport is available right outside of the resort.

What made the experience even more imence was the staff on sight, in particular Hayley. She is originally from the UK so communication wasnt a problem. She was available for most of the day and always available to provide assistance as well as excellent travel tips and places to visit near by.
Hayley also was lovely enough to show us the 2 bedroom apartments which were stunning and I definitely will be visiting the Dunes when I visit Tunisia next.

Thanks again Hayley

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shaf85
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Wonderfull Holliday at La Dunes apptment lovely
Hayley and Mark very helpfull made our stay perfect
Definitely going back March but for two weeks this time
Only down fall was your just outside Kantoui but that still was not a problem taxis are so cheap,
We did go to Sousse But came back to the peace and quiet our app had everything we needed

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Wendy G
wellplaced11, Director of Sales at The Dunes Golf and Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thanks for your comments following your recent stay with us at The Dunes Resort and we are pleased you had a great time

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again shortly when we trust you will have as good a time as before.

Hayley and Mark are always around to help our guests and ensure they have all the information they need to make the most of their holiday as they have great local knowledge. The Dunes is 3km from the marina but most guests love the fact that its easily reachable by local bus or taxi and that they can return to the peace and tranquility of the Dunes every evening.

Thanks again for your comments

Reviewed 30 December 2013

My first holiday abroad was with my best friend. We chose Tunisia as i have family living there, and it was him that suggested this accommodation.
Our flight arrived on time, and the drive to the dunes was really short. I didnt know really what to expect, and loved it straight away. Our room/apartment was overlooking the pool, which looked awesome, although i found out later was rather cold! Late November isnt a time for swimming i think.
The apartment was brilliant, lots of space and a huge tv, although we didnt really get time to watch any of the local channels, so i cant vouch for the quality. The people that worked at the complex were all so nice, even the guys fixing stuff and the security guards.
the gate is guarded all the time, making us feel very safe, although i found the locals more than friendly.
We didnt both cooking, choosing to eat out, but the kitchen was equipped to do so if we had wished.
I spent my 21st birthday there, and it made such a change from being stuck in the cold of England like i am usually.
Even in winter, there seems to be a lot of life in the nearby resorts of port el kantaoui and sousse. The only thing i will change for next time is the date. im going to go in the summer and soak up all the sunshine in that pool.
I booked online with a guy called Paul, who walked me through all the stages and was helpful and patient.
i would definately go again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank rambing_rach
Reviewed 30 December 2013

On the good experiences of previous visits, i stayed at this complex again for my winter break away from the ravages of the UK climate.
Although noticeably much quieter than previous visits, the complex was still very much open and pristine on my arrival. Armed with my keycode to collect my apartment key, i declined the offers of help from the very pleasant security guy at the gate, and navigated myself to my unit on my own. Again i had gone for an apartment slightly larger than i needed, and found it very welcoming and well appointed.
It was cleaned to a high standard, and its view of the gardens and pool was beautiful.
My stay was the usual mix of dining out, exploring the Tunisian markets, and socialisng with the regular group of expat friends that are around.
Hayley, the onsite rep/manager/fountain of knowledge popped up during the afternoon of my second day, which i was impressed with, seeing as it was christmas eve. She was her usual helpful self, and advised of a new restaurant to be added to my must visit list. Her supplying in room WIFI was most helpful.
My stay was problem free, enjoyable and totally relaxing. I think i will be adding more out of season visits here on top of my summer ones.
A lovely place, and fully recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank london_mark45
wellplaced11, Director of Sales at The Dunes Golf and Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

It was good to welcome you back to the Dunes recently and thanks again for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor for us.

We are pleased that your experience was just as good as previous visits and that you enjoyed the Dunes and Port El Kantaoui out of season as much.

The onsite team work hard to ensure all your needs are attended to and the addition of WiFi now on resort is a bonus (WiFi charges apply). Port El Kantaoui is very much open even during the winter months so there is always plenty of choice of restaurants etc at this time of year. When self catering this is important to know.

Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing at The Dunes again soon.

Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel, food superb, rooms large and great views. Excellent value for money especially if you want some sun at winter time. Within walking distance of pretty port with shops and restaurants. Good golf course also in w
King distance would definitely recommend to friends.

• Stayed: December 2013
wellplaced11, Director of Sales at The Dunes Golf and Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Thanks for this review of The Dunes Resort following your recent stay with us we appreciate you taking the time.

Its good to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found everything to your satisfaction. I need to point out to future guests though that we are not a hotel and we are self catering apartments and currently we do not have any food out lets onsite so I can only presume you meant the restaurants close by to The Dunes when you mention good food. There are plenty of dining options nearby so there is a lot of choice.

The Dunes is about 3km down to the Port area and marina so although it is walkable as you suggest we advise getting one of the Luage buses or a taxi especially in the heat of the day.

Thanks again for this review though and we looking forward to welcoming you back again soon and maybe your friends if you recommend to them.