“5 out of 5!”

The Dunes Golf and Spa Resort
Reading
“5 out of 5!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My family & I are here right now enjoying our holiday.
The pool and grounds are immaculate, staff friendly & apartment well maintained & clean.
Pool side bar is handy in this heat, the kids are loving it. The cafe at the front of the complex is also very handy. Shops are close by & larger ones only a few mins by taxi.
We will be going home soon, I wish we could stay longer.
Huge thanks to Hayley for all her help, shes made our holiday outstanding.
We would recommend The Dunes Apartments to anyone!

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank hughs9023

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 16 August 2014

With the hardworking staff, clean rooms & pool. What's not to love about this place??
I your expecting to be pampered like you're in a hotel, you're in the wrong place If you want the basics to get your started when you arrive, you'll get them if you ask. You'll need to do your own cleaning & washing - but that's what self caterings all about. While i was there, i heard people moaning about the management - really unfounded. If you want a hotel service, go to a hotel. The apartment management staff work really hard, to make our stay a great one.

The Dunes Residence is just on the outskirts of Kantaoui, however - that's a positive - not a negative!! the longer you stay the more you realize that it's only a short trip down the road to get into the hussle and bussle of the tourist town.

I loved how even though its a self catering apartment, you can still have some the options of a hotel - you can have a fresh set of bed linen & towels - & a cleaner if you pay the small fee. Also i took advantage of the trips & wifi that is available. The cafe is slow, but they are a friendly bunch.

Will be going back again soon!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SDizzy668
Shropshire
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed in room F26/27 with family staying next door in room F28/29. Both apartments fully adapted to good standard with extremely fab locations ground level adjacent to swimming pool. All the dunes staff polite & friendly; Hayley Mark & Hassan are most helpful when needed. We will definately be returning, fantastic 10 day holiday, really enjoyed it. Lorraine & Ray x

• Stayed May 2014
London
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed here from 23rd July - 6th August 2014.

The apartments are very new and modern and spotlessly clean. After staying in many apartments in PEK that are very old and desperately need modernising, it was so nice to stay somewhere lovely in Tunisia! Its only taken me 7 years to find somewhere I'm happy with!

The pool area is extremely well looked after and Hassan does a fabulous job, even when he is met with the most demanding of guests of various nationalities ;-)

Hayley was lovely and always there to help if needed which was nice to know. She arranged a mid stay clean for me which was great. The only recommendation I would have is that it would be good if they could offer cleaning more regularly, maybe every other day.

I wasnt overly impressed with the Maritime Cafe to be honest. The service wasn't great ( a bit slow but friendly enough) and I found a hair in my jam at breakfast which put me right off! It will be good when the supermarket and bakery are finished as this will be useful for guests who dont have a car. We had a car for 2 weeks so it wasnt a problem for us.

We visit Tunisia regularly and I would certainly have no hesitation in booking The Dunes again and would certainly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a self catering holiday in Tunisia. You will not find better accomodation at this price in Sousse or Kantaoui!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed here for a week with my two children. We had a fantastic stay and thoroughly enjoyed every moment. The pool area is fantastic - the children had a blast.

I enjoyed going self catering as we could eat out in Port el Kantaoui most nights, this is much better than All Inclusive stays where the food becomes monotonous. There is a fab supermarket in the Port and I used to buy a rotisserie chicken for 9 dinar - this was ideal for lunch.

The complex is lovely, Hayley was always on hand and Hassan was lovely. The apartment was clean, everyone was friendly and I am looking forward to returning next year. We stayed on the ground floor and really loved the balcony area.

You do have to get a taxi into the Port if you don't have a car - my kids loved this and it was not expensive at all. Hayley organised my transfers on the way home and everything was well organised.

Thanks for a lovely stay and look forward to our return next year in sha allah!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Saskatchewan
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights in August and shared a room with 2 other friends. All in all i didnt find the experience to be spectacular but there are pros and cons:

Pro

- beach very close within a couple of blocks
- relatively quiet area
- kitchen available in room with washing machine

Cons
- no decent places to have breakfast or lunch nearby (Maritime Cafe is a service disaster)
- Pool closes at 6pm. I cannot understand why.
- room was dirty when we arrived
- only had cold showers for 4 days
- a bit isolated from other areas without a car. Louage and taxi rides are commonly needed. (Not a big deal i suppose)

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank gcharps
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

wow, not enough words to express how i feel, had such a fab holiday, made extra special by Haley and her husband who were always on hand to help, I felt i could talk to them if ever i had a problem! The apartment was lush, modern and clean, with a balcony overlooking the beautiful surroundings and pool, they sorted out my wireless for a small fee, nothing was to much trouble for them. I will be most def coming back to stay in there apartments again soon!! Eateries are near by, and the maritime cafe is literally just round the corner, whom all the staff are lovely.

Thank you so much!! x dawn

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo