“relieved to find a great hotel !”

and 1 more site!
Golf Residence Hotel
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Went to Golf Residence end of June & was seriously thinking of changing to a different hotel after reading some reviews ! Travelled with my 16yr old daughter who convinced me we should go & make the best of what we found . On arriving pre lunchtime & also an hour earlier than expected we were given our room immediately -231 . A lovely big room & bathroom , very clean & well appointed. Twin beds with 2 additional sofas which would make into beds , coffee table , tv , loads of wardrobe space , fridge , balcony with glass table & chairs - view of gardens & very quiet . Beautiful clean white towels every day & beds very clean & comfortable. All areas of the hotel were kept very clean & tidy . Pool was great with plenty of beds & parasols . The food was buffet style with an excellent variety - we were half board . Breakfast always had an egg chef for omlettes etc , someone making fresh pancakes & donuts , fruit , yogurts, danish , croissants , breads , juices etc. Evening meals also had a great selection - lovely soups , rices , pastas , cous cous, veg , salads , meats , fish etc desserts were beautiful in presentation as well as taste , also very good ice cream & sorbets . There was someone checking food temperature regularly & everything was always piping hot ! We paid just over £300 pp which I considered excellent value for money . All of the staff were polite & pleasant just tip them a small amount & they will be thrilled. You will get pestered around the harbour & shopping areas but just their way of trying to make a living !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Michele S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,040)

Reviewed 7 August 2014

It was our second stay in Golf Residence Hotel and this time, we have gone there for 2 weeks (17th July- 31st July). I must say, the hotel is much better than it was three years ago: greater choice of food, much cleaner and staff definitely much nicer (well except for the reception staff). Every night you can find slightly different choice of foods, which makes the meals less boring. The entertainment in the hotel is one of its key advantages. The two guys work hard from early in the morning to the late night, trying to provide you with great experiences. The activities include: water volleyball, waterpolo, water aerobics, darts games, night entertainments and a variety of different activities for the children. The waiters are also a key benefit to the hotel (especially Ahmed). They're always helpful and friendly, although working long hours. The hotel overall is very clean, has a lovely atmosphere and is in a great location (opposite aqua park, near to the amusement park and beach).
HOWEVER, the "private" beach located only around 10mins away from the hotel, requires you to pay for the sunbeds,unlike any other hotel in the area. Be careful when you order drinks at the beach bar, as they look for any opportunities to overcharge you, ALWAYS ASK FOR A RECEIPT. In the hotel, all the sunbeds are all taken by 8am, therefore if you desire to have one, be prepared to wake up early in the morning and run there with your towel! These sunbeds also come without any mattresses, so if you desire one, once again YOU HAVE TO PAY.
Finally, make sure you take enough of sun lotions, as they are extremely expensive over there AND be prepared to be harassed into making purchases as you walk down the marina. AND KEEP YOUR WOMEN SAFE AND CLOSE TO YOU.;)

2  Thank FijorJ
Reviewed 6 August 2014

All I can say about this hotel is staff are very nice. Rooms I have never stayed in such a antiquated room like it - cupboards hanging off the hinges, bathroom deployable and door handle hanging off so couldn't shut door, poor poor decor - reception staff are the rudest staff possible can't even raise a smile! Waiters were lovely as were the entertainment team. Don't use the spa the bloke there tries to rip you off - fights everynight from the disco - all I can say is don't use this hotel. Pool area was lovely for the kids - food something to be desired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We went for to weeks 13th to the 27th of June after reading reviews I was a bit worried but had a lovely time room was large and cleaned everyday only problem was the noise some night with the water park going off till 3 in the morning with it being ramadam the staff where always helpful and the animation team are great alway keeping you entertained and always.
The food did get quite boring same thing most night and it isn't really English food but when we did eat in there was always something to eat and they always replenished the food.
Pool area does have limited sunbeds but I didn't mind lying on the grass with a towel I just wish there was more unbrellas on the grass
The only bad thing I didn't like was reception as they seemed quite rude as when we arrived are ro wasn't ready which when you've been traveling all night you so we was just left then to wait for a hour but they didn't tell her to wait by the pool or in the bar we just had to find them are self's then when we got are room key they didn't even tell us how we get to the room we just had to look for it also they ran out of money to change and kept saying it would be open I'm a hour but u would have to wait a least 3 hours.
Ryan the Thomas Cook rep is great aways there to answer your questions that you have and gets involved in the karaoke and would recommend the rep night out as was a good laugh I also won a prize which is always nice

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank natasha19_10
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just got back from the Golf Residence and would defo go back again , The staff are very friendly and very helpful, cant do enough for you. The Animation Team are fantastic. The food was superb with plenty of choice for even the fussiest of eaters and snack bar great value and yummy too. My only moan would be the lack of sunbeds around the pool, unless you get up and reserve a bed by 6am you ve got no chance! Aqua palace is directly opposite and fantastic value at £10.Trips very reasonable too and not to far to travel to them.

Room Tip: ask for a pool view away from the road!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nicki e
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my friend and our 2 kids. The children had a fab time and so did we and we have been back twice since our first stay in 2012.
This is a lively hotel in the summer season geared towards younger people and families and out of season a lot more laid back and more suited to older people or those seeking peace and quiet. Really no matter your age you will probably feel comfortable when you stay at Golf.
The animation team here are really great and work very hard putting on shows every night. The rooms are clean and food choice is good. Children are well looked after here and the pool is fab!
There is a club next door and the beach and marina are a 5 minute walk. Dont be too concerned by street sellers just ignore them if you dont want to buy anything.
Weather here is great in summer 30+ degrees but its still pretty warm in December too, you can still get a tan it was 23 degrees on Christmas Day and we went on a boat trip which was awesome!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Halokitty
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Arrived on 31st of July after a swift check in at 11.30am our room was ready!
Traveling with hubby and 2 kids
A little worried about some of the reviews we had read but all seems ok
Lack of sun beds meant having to sit on grass,
We are half board so had lunch in the snack bar, was ok and reasonably priced.
Room very basic, 1 plug socket in bathroom, 1 broken one in bedroom and 1 other working socket, 1 fridge in wardrobe full of ice, and not the kind to put in your drinks so not much room for drinks.
We have 1 draw each for our clothes, and I pull out shelf, a little small for 4 people for 2 weeks, but room is clean.
Out the hotel and a 30 second walk is a well stocked ish supermarket.
Food good standard, plenty of salads, not typically English meals, which is fine for us but some people were complaining, they had spaghetti boll, chips, braised beef, pastas etc, salads, fruit a selection of the usual mini cakes and ice cream
Hotel could do with a lick of paint and a little tired and run down but most we have found in Tunisia can be like this, BUT here is my problem! When I booked I asked for a quiet room over looking the pool and I got room 159 overlooking a very busy street which looks fine in the day and an empty bar area, come 10pm we are sat on our balcony (no outside light so can't read at night) having a brew before we go to bed and the quiet bar turns into a full on open air discotheque, could not count the police with whistles in the street directing the traffic,oh and it's also opposite a funfair with music blaring, this is anything but quiet, no I am not one for complaining and I like to look for the positive but I've had no sleep last night as we were at the airport at 2am and it's now 2.15am the band have just finished playing and the back ground music is now booming! God only knows what time this will finish?
I went to reception at midnight and the receptionist acted like there had never been a problem and wasn't sure what I as on about! What disco? at 1 am we called the resort rep who said oh yes are you at the resort with the outside disco, we are always getting complaints! Ask to be moved first thing in the morning.
So what now? Food still being served this party ain't going to be finished anytime soon!
If you want a 2 week disco this room is for you! If you want sun and a chillax then it's not!
Sorry but I will be scoring this hotel very low because they should warn you about this noise, and they choose not to, there is no way other people are putting up with this, it's not like I booked 2'weeks in Ibiza.
Sorry but that's all I have in my less than 24 hours here.

Room Tip: Don't choose 159
3  Thank Lisa C
#5 of 36 in Sousse
Houria Palace Hotel
Houria Palace Hotel
#22 of 33 in Port El Kantaoui

Been to Golf Residence Hotel? Share your experiences!