Stayed the Easter week in the Bellevue. It's a very nicely laid out hotel, lots of sitting areas which didn't get overcrowded even when it rained and everyone headed inside, and had some nice design features (well, if that matters to you!), pretty pool area and well kept gardens.
Buffet had a varied selection of food and always something tasty, although disappointingly limited in local dishes. It was early in the season so the Tunisian restaurant and a couple of the bars (esp at pool) were closed, and when they are open they would make for a nice change of scene. At the time we went there were two dinner sittings and you get allocated a table, which did make it feel a bit like school dinners.
The outdoor pool was baltic so early in the season but thankfully there was a heated indoor pool to keep the kids happy. There was not much else for the kids to do if the weather isn't great. At the time is was a bit too windy for sandcastles on the beach unless you were prepared for being sandblasted.
We took a bus trip to Carthage and the Bardo museum to see the mosaics (amazing!) and saw some of the very pretty countryside. If we go back we'll do a trip to the desert and see some more of the historic sites (Thomsons' offered a 2-day trip which looked good if you had the time). Also visited Sousse and the local marina, which were good for a short trip. You can walk along the beach to the marina at Port El Kantanoui in 30 mins.
Downside for us the twin room which with an extra bed in it was very cramped. I think they have family rooms.
I wouldn't buy anything in the hotel shops - very overpriced. There are plenty of shops a 5 min walk from the hotel offering souvenirs and other necessities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * 3 Km from Port El Kantaoui* Located on the beach* Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach* 4-storey building surrounded by a 24,000 garden* 14 km from the center of Sousse* 200 m from various shops* 23 km from Monastir airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Bellevue Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Bellevue Park Hotel
- Bellevue Park Tunisia/Port El Kantaoui