We stayed for one week in February; the stay was quiet and restful,
We arrived late Sunday evening was welcomed with a nice soft drink, and then shown to a nice room on the second floor, it was clean until my wife found a cockroach by the toilet door (not a good start)
We did report it to the Thompson rep, but heard nothing from reception and we never saw another one.
The bed had a few marks on the mattress, we asked for a replacement which we got, the air conditioning only works sometimes.
The breakfast is rather early 7.30, to 10.00 and there is no tea making faculties in the room, the fridge is empty no mini bar. You have to ask every night for water, as they don't leave you any water in the room.
The hotel is spotless and is cleaned all day the marble floors you can slip when wet???
The food over all is nice cannot fault the food or the staff, just one gripe my wife saw a waiter put a bread roll from guest plate back in the roll rack.??
This hotel is mainly for smokers you can smell the smoke, everywhere they can smoke except in the restaurant.
The pool is nice, and kept really clean, so is the gym. But watch out for the temperature in the hot tub can be scolding hot.
The outdoor pool is freezing not heated, the beach is filthy its very small and you get pestered by beach seller, and staff trying to sell you trips being polite is not good, best policy don't make eye contact. don't answer and don't tell them you English.
I think this holiday was really nice and would go again but in the summer months not in winter. right side of the pool is the sunny side left in the shade all day freezing.
If you do want to leave the hotel, and just like a short walk out, ( out the front of the hotel, do a left to the end of the road, is a little lane, up to the top of the lane is the main road left again, about 10 min walk past the shop where is jet planes, is a nice little restaurant, the food is great a so are friendly locals.
Get a pint of good premium lager there for 2 dinar 80 pence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * 3 Km from Port El Kantaoui* Located on the beach* Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach* 4-storey building surrounded by a 24,000 garden* 14 km from the center of Sousse* 200 m from various shops* 23 km from Monastir airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Bellevue Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Bellevue Park Hotel
- Bellevue Park Tunisia/Port El Kantaoui