“Theft”

Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Port El Kantaoui
London, United Kingdom
“Theft”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

2013 we had 2 weeks in this resort and loved it, so we decided to come back this year June 2014 for a week. I never really take note of any reviews as I like to make my own mind up but I'm going to be honest standards had dropped and I also speak for other people that returned! I also had my new clutch bag stolen from my room on the second day!!!! When reporting this it was a nightmare I was made to feel I had done something wrong!!! I also had no safe which made it even worse when telling the rep she then got our room changed so we had 2 days of peace of mind as the cleaner had a field day on our landing stealing from nearly every room!!!!!! If it was not for the entertainment I would of cried until I went home as they made our holiday, even the beach was shocking it was so clean and beautiful last year I was so gutted as we only went on the beach once!! Sorry to disappoint anyone going on this holiday and I really do hope that they have sacked that cleaner and re-look at there standards of the rooms they expect us to sleep in!!!!!

Room Tip: Do not take rooms starting with 2000 and your belongings in your cases.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Diana W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Canvey Island, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Been back about three weeks, from two weeks stay, really wish i was back there had a lovely time. Met some lovely people. Room was lovely always clean yeh maybe in need of a refurb but it was ok. Drinks were plentiful but very weak but we watched them open new bottles so the hotel did not water them down. Bar staff got to no you very quickly and new your drinks before you got there they was very friendly.Food was always hot and nice big variety, resturant staff really looked after you. Reception was very helpful and always very accomodating. Animation Team brilliant really work hard all day and night had a good time with them. Pool men ( Happy Happy ) was very nice very helpful and really nice men always smiling and dancing. Cant wait to go back going to try for October if not defo next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a Pool View on the right hand side looking out from reception get the sun.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JackieBish
yorkshire
Reviewed 16 June 2014

spent a 2 weeks holiday here in aug 2013 which was lovely, the food was very good, rooms were lovely, the maids very pleasant, staff all very nice, unfortunately I became ill on the second week and had to send for the doctor , was a bit worried at first with being in another country, but be rest assured I was well looked after, , and got well quickly to enjoy my holiday, hotel was very nice , and waiters looked after us, would go again ,

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank susan h
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

This was my first visit to the Bellevue and I couldn't believe it's the same hotel as I saw in the brochure,I have stayed at other 4 star hotels in Tunisia which are far better than this.The room we had was very dated,old style tv which incidentally only had BBC news in English,no balcony and a view of the neighbouring hotels trade entrance,not nice,they offered to change my room with a view of a building site so I declined and stayed where I was.The food was ok,hot and varied but the counters far too small to cope with the amount of diners,The hotel had only one bar open with one barman serving the whole hotel,he did a great job but the drinks were probably the worst I've ever had,watered down and tasteless.The hotel was spotless,very clean and exceptional staff.The entertainment was so bad it was embarrassing to watch,this is a RUI and a platinum hotel and should have been so much better.The entertainment team tried so hard to keep you entertained day and night but as much as they tried(they were exceptionally talented) it was not for me,no professional acts at all.The hotel could be great but on this occasion I was left disappointed,this is a well supported hotel on trip advisor and in a way I can see why but not for me.The hotel is no more than 3 star at most

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank zebedee07
Worksop, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Still at this good hotel, been here for 8 days 2 left to go. A really nice place to stay, very clean throughout rooms spacious and well equipped.
Fantastic staff nothing too much trouble even though at times they were stretched due to another hotel not being ready so they were shipped in to ours, the staff did everything they could to accommodate everyone, and always with a smile.
The animation team are brilliant, very hard working and a joy to be around.
The food, there is always something nice to eat and the drinks are some of the best all inclusive we have had.
All in all a very nice place to enjoy a relaxing holiday.

Gripe if I must, public areas too warm no air-con switched on, and not really a Thomson platinum although still very good.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank deanieeyre
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We just came back from our two weeks holidays in this hotel. We have to say that building itself is nice, well kept and decor in lobby is with traditional elements. Me and mine husband we are not a people to stay in the building to much so we are not that bother about it but it was very clean. Food was excellent and for everybody, every day something different and delicious but if you are bacon lover please do not travel to muslin countries. Only suggestion to a hotel manager please provide coffee self service (just like you have for a tea) for breakfast time, that will give a waiters extra time to clean the tables and save lots of complains regarding waiting time for a coffee. Really compliments to a Head Chef and the young chef in the pizza/pancake corner Maroun (I’m not sure about the spelling but I really like my heart shape pizza).We have been travel to a different hotels during our Sahara trip and we did appreciate our food back in this hotel.
We would like to say big thank you to all the staff for making our holidays extra special and fun. Big thank you to reception staff for help and booking our two days Sahara excursion which we could not booked with Thomson and this trip was the main reason to visit Tunisia. If you would like to see real Tunisia and you don’t mined long hours on the bus I strongly recommend this trip J
Extra special thank you for the animation team (the best we have seen and we have been around) Khaled ( crazy , with his Arabic lessons ;-) ) Tchitcho Kicio (with archery/ clubbing lessons) Ramse ( with his pain in the leg ;-) ) Fabio (model) and Zoya with her kind smile we will miss you all. They work very hard to make sure that everyone have a good time. This hotel offers a lot of free activates like volleyball, archery, aqua robic , step ,zumba, water polo, crazy games (our favourite),darts etc. Evening entertainment was a great fun especially if you are lucky you will have a fakir show or traditional music and dance show but the guys from the animation team doing a great job as well.
Drinks
We founded beer the best from them all. You will have to drink whole bottle of any spirit to be a little bit tipsy. Our recommendation is to buy yourself a bottle our two on the airport on your way to Tunisia in the rooms you have a small fridge. Do not think that you will buy alcohol there because is extremely expensive.
If you like clubbing you can go to Metallica/Platinum Club or Red Iguana. ( we had a fantastic time in Metallica)Take a taxi from the hotel ( it should not be more like 5 dinars , £1 = 2.6 dinar) and agree the prize before with the driver ).Prices in the club beer 5 DNT and single vodka coke 10 DNT.
On the beach you have a water sports .We have done parasailing ( 50 DNT for two of us) and jet ski (60 DNT) that was a great fun. If you like horse back riding you can find them on the beach as well.
Regarding the Sahara two day explorer.
We have paid 220 DNT per person and you have everything included except drinks with your food and camel/horse carriage ride which is 38 DNT per person. If you would like to find out more about this trip please do not hesitate to contact me.
Only down side not only hotel but Tunisia is that people can smoke in the buildings .
We had a fantastic holidays and we don’t usually come back to the same hotel/country but this can be an exception.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Zajaczek
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Been home a week and missing everyone already. First time to this hotel and we loved it. Yes the food was a bit samey by the end of 2 weeks but there were always loads of choices and the food was always fresh and hot.

The staff were brilliant in this hotel, from reception, to waiters, to one of the best animation teams we have ever had the pleasure of being entertained by. Special thanks to Tchitcho, Fabio, Manolo, Ramse, Zoya, Abdoulah and the very flippy one whose name we never got!!

Thanks to everyone for making our holiday great and look forward to seeing you next time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
#6 of 36 in Sousse
Marhaba Beach Hotel
Marhaba Beach Hotel
#3 of 36 in Sousse

Been to Bellevue Park? Share your experiences!