Otel Mercan
  • Room Service
Ibis Adana(Adana)
Inci Hotel(Adana)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Are there two Mercan Hotels because it is hard to believe the one I stayed in warranted these bad reviews. Found this one while looking for another that I found the next morning. The other was shabby. This hotel is clean, comfortable, Owner obviously proud of his hotel, no invasive behavior from the hotel staff as one reviewer experienced. Walk to Roman bridge, mall, Hilton, archaeology museum, worlds highest mosque dome, shopping streets. Hotel gives decent maps of the town. Street bus to airport (Meydan 2) leaves from two blocks East of hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank mothnm
Reviewed 9 February 2013

Stayed 3 nights in a single room for business. Clean but not much comfortable and not much space. Breakfast is given by friendly staff. At first the bathroom was terrible but because of the water coming from the flusher.
Cheap prices, cheap service but its ok and location is very easy to reach.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Baris C
Reviewed 31 October 2012

The Otel Mercan is tucked away down a side street in central Adana but it is a perfect location.
The showers, TV and air conditioning are first class. There is no night time noise but good restaurants are close by. The hotel breakfast is very good.
The hotel is clean, comfortable and well fitted out with spacious foyers, corridors and sitting rooms.
All the historic sites of Adana are within walking distance. The proprietor Asaf speaks excellent English and is extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Hilary D
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I feel like the one positive review might be confused with a higher end hotel. I chose this hotel because it was cheap and I hadn't had a bad experience in Turkey yet. In the end, the rooms were just too dirty, the wifi didn't work well, shower leaked, breakfast was the worst I've had yet, and they overcharged me on the last day to make the whole experience "not cheap." After I accused the hotel manager of deceiving me, he conceitedly said "this is how we make our money." I was in a foreign place and in need of catching a flight so it wasn't worth fighting.

It's in the city center, but the area is not good at all. I couldn't find anything to do and most of the area is shutdown by 10pm. That could be typical in this city.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Nutdazzler
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I feel I have to write to correct the vastly WRONG impression previous reviewers have given this excellent hotel. As a woman travelling alone, safety is important to me. The hotel staff here went out of their way to ensure I felt comfortable and safe. They provided me with a map, showed me directions, introduced me to other guests and were generally the nicest people I've met on my travels. They were not intrusive at all - everything was done with subtlety and grace. My room was well appointed, impeccably clean and had wi-fi access in the room. Breakfast was delicious. This hotel and its staff made my stay in Adana so special. I cannot recommend Otel Mercan highly enough. It is superb value for money. I met a couple who stay here for 2-3 weeks every year. How is that for a good recommendation? Thank you, Otel Mercan, for a wonderful experience in Adana!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with wi-fi access if you need it.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo