“Disapointing for a 5 star hotel,but still a good place to stay.”
Review of Surmeli Adana

Surmeli Adana
Ranked #34 of 44 Hotels in Adana
London, United Kingdom
“Disapointing for a 5 star hotel,but still a good place to stay.”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I often stay in Adana on my trip, driving between Cyprus to London.This time I thought of trying the Surmeli hotel since it had a swimming pool where i could relax,knowing that it might be too hot for sightseeing. I felt confident booking this hotel since the price was fair and it had been awarded 5 stars. I was looking forward to the experience but was not impressed when I was entering the property,It looked rather tacky and in need of renovation.. Once i settled in my room,i did find everything very clean and the beds were very comfortable . Staff was friendly, pleasant and helpful, there was a covered car park which was free . The breakfast was good,except there was no fresh Juices.. The location is great and all in all one could be quite comfortable in this hotel as long as one doesn't expect a 5 star property.

Room Tip: ask for a back room, since the traffic can be heard in the rooms faceing the street
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2013

we loved the hotel loved the spa it was nice and quiet. the breakfast was very nice and lot to choise from.
the staff was great. we felt like royalty while stayed there.

only one thing we didn't was the room. It was too small. We asked them to change the room and they changed to a bigger room.

we would go there again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank katiemar010
Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Most important speciality of hotel is the location. It's very central. Breakfast is very good,pool is a little small but i can not like this hotel,maybe the smell of hotel or maybe the peoples didn't make me happy. For 2-3days you can use this hotel but for a long time travel you should find a better hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
israel
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I stay in the hotel at a work trip.
The hotel rated 5 star hotel but I think it should be 3.5 to 4 stars no more!
My room was on the 6th floor, I asked for a non-smoking room but the smell in the room and the sheets smelled of cigarettes that was not nice!
Meals are ok, there is a buffet and a large supply.
Internet service (WIFI) are free and at very high speed and no disconnections in the hotel (including room)
The hotel has a nice Turkish bath free for hotel guests.
The hotel is located in the Old City and is accessible by foot everywhere.
In the afternoon gathering large lobby pounders of men sitting and talking on the hang of the day what makes the lobby to be busy!

Room Tip: no smoking !!!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank yaari_r
Merelbeke, Belgium
Reviewed 17 January 2013

the hotel is worth 4 stars, not 5. The doors seem to be cardboard, if someone talks in the corridor you hear it too well. Also, the nearest mosque must be pretty close, as every morning at 5:45am I got a wake-up shout by the local imam, probably inviting me for the morning prayer ... Double glass would be welcome in order to reduce the dB-level of this invitation :-)
I had a non-smoking room (7th floor), but I saw traces of cigarettes (brown burning stains) on the carpet.
The whole interior is up for some refurbishing.
Breakfast is ok, but not up to 5-star standard.
Stayed in January, so no idea about the functioning of the air-conditioning.
Staff is helpful, but any language except Turkish is a problem.
The light in the lobby is too cold (first generation energy saving light bulbs).

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Bodrum, Mugla, Turkey
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Me and my family stayed there for 3 nights and couldn't wait to leave. Staff were so rude.

Everytime we dialed down for room service we were hung up on so had to go down to reception everytime to order.

Staff would bring water, tea and coffee over that you hadn't ordered and tell you it was free, then charge you for it.

All rooms have a leaflet in them stating in turkish and in english that the turkish bath is free for guests, so me and my family went and had a turkish bath one afternoon and all we had was the basic scrub, foam massage and sauna (which is a turkish bath with no extras) and then we were charged 75 lira each!!!!! As well, it was the most awful turkish bath ive ever had, the fat old man in there, i would say needs sacking right away, his hands were in your bikini bottoms groping your bum and trying to get his hands into your bikini top as well, i had to keep telling him to stop! After arguing with the manager the charge for the turkish bath finally got taken off our bill, but before this we were told that the leaflets saying it was free meant that it was only free if you went and had a look at the baths!!!

We also had money taken from the room when we went down for breakfast and had left a 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door and on another occasion when we had a 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door the staff came in when we was sleeping. When i heard the door unlock i nearly jumped out of my skin, because it was so hot i was only sleeping in my knickers and my husband was completely naked, luckily they heard me yell out in time and promptly exited our room, although in hindsight its a shame we didn't see who it was because thats was probably the staff that stole our money.

The staff do not look after guests at all, its like they purposely try and make your stay there horrific! I've never stayed in a hotel with as many stars as this one, and i never complain but as me and my family were in adana for my wedding we wanted to stay somewhere really lovely but give me a 2 star hotel anyday over this horrendous experience! NEVER AGAIN. It's put me off ever wanting to go back to Adana.

Room Tip: All my families rooms were clean and comfortable, we couldn't complain about that.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Claire_84_12

Travellers are raving about these Adana hotels

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Nice hotel but a bit overpriced. It is well located and the rooms are big, but they could use with some updating. The staff was super helpful and the pool was excellent. Don't get it confused with the other Surmeli across the street.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo