“Good hotel - but watch out the rate difference” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Royal Hotel

Park Royal Hotel
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Adana
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Good hotel - but watch out the rate difference”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

Park Royal Hotel is located right in the centre of old city centre (because Adana city centre is expanding -- nicer shops/eaterie area are shifting away from old city centre) - very good access from Airport -- from Airport to the hotel was for 15TL ( I guess it is their flat rate) but honest taxi driver from the hotel took me to the airport with 10TL.
Hotel is going through some renovations - because I had a disappointment with other hotel in Adana, my friend used local travel agent to book the room with Park Royal - which was originally quoted as 85TL -- but by the time i checked out i was charged as 100TL because i stayed in the newly refurbrished room (also official room rate for double room in the reception displayed as 90TL ?) I was not too happy about given different rate for the room ---- but even at 100TL, still room standard was good so it is not a bad deal --- it is shame that they did not tell me about the change of the rate at the stage of checking in. I am not sure if I was charged with Yabanci price. They do have a restaurant in the hotel and they have a good set menu -- quality of the food was not bad at all -- having said that it is rare to get a poor quality food in Turkey. Only problem was when I get there, the restaurant was empty hence no air-conditioning. As I sat in the restaurant, then waiter put the air-conditioning on --- it was quite hot and uncomfortable and it was getting worse as you started eating something (because your body generate heats and you will feel hotter even more!) so in stead of enjoying the food, I had tograb the food as quick as possible and returned to my hotel room to cool down.
Quality of the room was good - very spacious and facility in the room was sufficient - they have mini bar in the room + complementary bottle of water. Good sized bed -- mine was proper king sized bed. If I was not given the different rate of the room, then I would have voted for 'very good' - but when I add up pros/cons together, I will have to conclude as 'average' -- you get what you paid for. (good room, good service but also a good price - nothing exceptionally good velue for the money) I might be a little harsh on review but this is because I have stayed better hotel with better servive and cheaper price in Turkey -- so based on comparison, I have to say it is good/fair average. Sorry. I paid for 4 star room rate and I get 4 star service -- which I normally expect to get anyway. Hotel staff were polite and helpful - breakfast was really good. I do recommend this hotel - if you are the first timer to Adana.

Room Tip: Some rooms are already renovated some are in the process of upgrading the facility. Before you book...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Turkish first
Adana Province, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

For the price paid 65 USD/ person, I believe it is a good value. Location is good, personnel is excellent, room is spacious but restroom needs refurbishment.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank gumerzeci
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2008

We stayed there when we were there with my husband for a friend's wedding. And keep comşng back whenever we visit them. The hotel service is excellent, and they do everything to make you feel at home. They also have a pillow service. The sleep was great, I heard that they have changed their beds recently.

This is a very good 4 star hotel with good prices. Prior, we had stayed at Hilton and HATED it. The service was terrible and it was overpriced. Yes it has larger rooms but is not worth the money. And the location is not close to the center.

In addition, we loved going to Zaimoglu's sister restaurant complex called Park Zirve by the river. Has amazing views and superb food. The place has a bar and a club as well. You do not feel like you are in Adana rather at a resort town.

I would recommend staying at Zaimoglu if you are looking for a good night sleep, superb service and want to feel like at home.

• Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ZEYTIN
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2007

It was late and The Zaimoglu Hotel was one of about ten hotels that I inspected in Adana.

For $100 us, I was given a suite with three four poster beds.lncluded in the suite was a huge living room, a giant screen TV, several free bottles of water, fruit and snacks. The free breakfast was very good.

Not everyone will get this late night value of a suite for $100, but the hotel was clean, the rooms very modern, and the staff were wonderful.

The very best value of any hotel I have stayed at.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank spoonch
Seattle at heart
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2007

I booked this hotel after seeing it was ranked #1 (over the Hilton!) for hotels in Adana. Even though there were only a few reviews, and it wasn't listed in my Lonely Planet guide to Turkey, I figured I would give it a shot. I checked out the hotel's website and it appeared to be a new property, which I rationalized, was why it wasn't in my guide book and only had 3 reviews. It looked and
sounded very nice.

Unfortunately, the reviews made my expectations higher than they should have been, and therefore I was disappointed in this hotel. It was not as the pictures on their website made it look like. It was a small, dark hotel on the inside. The carpet in my room was heavily worn and had holes in places. The bathroom which had yellow tile looked like it was from the seventies. The A/C did not work (I assume they may change all the rooms from heat to AC later in the spring), but the window provided little ventilation. And even though my room was on the seventh floor, the street noise was still pretty bad. This hotel is in a very busy part of Adana. Even though I am good at driving like a local in Turkey, it was very difficult navigating through the crazy traffic and
the hordes of people to find the hotel in this particular part of the city.

The covered parking they advertise is in a parking garage down the street, which made me a little nervous, especially considering the hotel doesn't give a claim check when you turn your vehicle over to them. However, my car was returned to
me in the same condition I'd left it, so I can't complain. Also, the hotel restaurant is separate from the hotel property, about a block down the street.

On a positive note, the room was a decent size, and the bed was more comfortable than at other hotels I've stayed at in Turkey. Also, I must give the staff an "A" for service. The valet (security guard) and bellhop were extremely quick to serve us, and checking in/out was a breeze.

I paid about $100 USD for this stay, and I think that was way overpriced. Earlier this month I paid about $120 USD to stay at the Hilton by booking through a hotel booking website (not the Hilton's site). If staying in Adana again, I will pay a little more for the Hilton, or give one of the other hotels listed in the guidebook a chance for about the same price hotel Zaimoglu is wanting.

• Liked — The service of the bellhop/valet
  • Disliked — Decor/furnishings and location
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple