“Way to the Nemrut”

120 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 166 helpful votes
“Way to the Nemrut”
Reviewed 19 October 2005

I wanted so much to see the Mount Nemrut that I based all my trip to turkey to that area.
The place is just incredible, on the top of the highest mountain at 2000 meter high. It is always cold there because of the wind, so take a very warm jacket and a big scarf and maybe a blanket as well.
If you want to visit the mount nemrut independently you must be advised that it is far from anyplace! The closest village is 1 hour drive, and to get to this village where there are 3 hotel (in Karadut, where I stayed at the Karadut Pensyon) you need 1 hour taxi from Kahta, which can be quite expensive. I don't want to calculate how much money I had to pay to arrive there, consider that if you have your own car you will save a lot. I'm happy I did arrived to see it, but I am also glad I don't have to do such a mini-odissey again to reach it. I didn't wanted to buy an organized tour by an agency, but just to give you an idea how much it is to get the service by your self:
Bus to reach Adiyaman, averagely less than 10 liras from a nearby city (Antep, Urfa, Diyarbakir...).
Bus to Kahta, 1-2 liras
Taxi to Karadut, around 30 liras
1 night at the pensyon 20 liras (single)
a person to take you to the mount 30-35 liras
entrance to the museum 2,50 liras (this is very cheap).
In the village of Karadut there is no public phone, just a mosque and a food shop. But the country is very beautiful and the people live very traditionally.

14 Thank sailko1

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
Czech Republic
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nemrut advice”
Reviewed 4 July 2005

Because of time reason we want to choose the way to Mt.Nemrut from Malatya. There is a very good tourism office where they speak English well and organize a 2-day trip, also adviced by Lonely Planet. The trip costs 50 YTL/person, incl.transport, dinner, breakfast and accommodation. E-mail for futher info: -----------

5 Thank Isabelacz