“Very nice and cosy hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Azak Beach Hotel

Azak Beach Hotel
Ranked #172 of 368 Hotels in Alanya
Doha, Qatar
“Very nice and cosy hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed 5 nights at Azak beach hotel... very nice, very clean, right on the beach (Cleopatra beach) food was very good, staff were very very very helpful and I would like to thank the manager for his decent manner at all times and the receptionist in the morning shift who was also very very polite and helpful. If I have the chance to go to Alanya again, I will stay there for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Amr K

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

rooms in the sea. good night's sleep with the sounds of waves. The morning breakfast was excellent. for a quality vacation AZAK BEACH HOTEL.animations are different from others. fish meat was excellent for dinner

Room Tip: all with sea views
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jessica b
Dossenheim, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

At arrival we discovered that the room hadn't been cleaned. The bathroom was full of sand, there were dirt in every corner, and the bathroom amenities of the previous guest were still present.

Opening the drawers in our room we discovered there was a half-eaten bag of potato chips. Behind a cupboard in the room we found a t-shirt from one of the previous guests... and looking at the amount of dust bunnies on it, I guess it's been there for a long time.

The mattresses were rock solid. I think it would have been just as comfortable sleeping on the floor. The pillow was thin so I used a large towel as pillow instead.

The minibar was empty...

The was only one power outlet in the room, so me and the other person had to switch on charging our cellphones.

The hotel dinner wasn't very good. Actually quite tasteless. I recommend to go to a nearby restaurant called Picasso instead. They've got lovely food.

The free internet at the hotel is pretty useless unless you use it late at night.

The only really positive things about the hotel are friendly receptionists and it being 50 meters away from the beach.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AndreasHaldorsen

Travellers are raving about these Alanya hotels

london
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times; in 2008 it was great value and staff were lovely; in 2009 I took another couple and we had a great stay although the rooms we were given this time were definatlly below par but staff were great so holiday was enjoyable. I returned in 2011 and had the most dreadfull holiday ever, I spent 10 days just waiting to leave. We felt like the hotel had become the prostitute of Alanya, non residents would come from the beach and clean themselves in the pool and walk out, no one stopped them. Also groups of people not residents of the hotel would come and play in the pool, it seems that as long as they buy a drink any stranger off the street can use the facillities, so I wouldn't take children here or valubles. One morning the waiter dropped a glass and lots of it shattered into the childrens pool, he strood and picked out the bits he could see and that was it, we had to warn people with kids and spent a lot of time taking out tiny sheads of glass. I book this hotel as I like a beach holiday and each year before beach staff were really nice and genuine, but the beach staff this year were cheats. They put their own towles on the front beds and charge extra if you asked for one, before it was first come. I don't like to feel cheated so we said no and went to use the next door beds to the left as he had empty beds front row, they shouted something in Turkish to the man and he refused to let us have a bed as he said he did not want problems with them, I felt really emarrassed and awfull being treated so badly. So the following days we used the Suak Hotel beds futher away to the right of the hotel and we had lovely service from them. Also on our final visit the food was horrendous, we stayed for 10 nights and was fed bulger wheat 5 times and on the so called Turkish Night they were playing very loud rap music with the worst sexual references to do with anal sex and lots of swearing, I had to walk out or else I think I would have lost my rag. When sitting in the restaurant you need to take care as they allowed people riding the electric scooter things to speed through the middle using it as a short cut to and from the beach. I've not started about the room; every time they used the shower above us it would come into our bathroom, also the ceiling paint was crumbling and falling onto everything, including our heads as we slept, so we had to move the beds to the centre of the room. Such a shame as previously we enjoyed it here. I can overlook the room not being up to scatch, but to be treated so shabberly by the staff is unexceptable. This is a beach hotel and the beach staff were the worse. From now on we are booking elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank lesley a
Dear lesley,

First of all, we are very grateful for all of your feedbacks.
We , as the new hotel staff, and I, as the new hotel manager, take into account all what you did mention concerning your stay here ( last year or for years).
Indeed, your feedbacks( negative or positive) are vey important for us, because we are aiming constantly to improve ourselves, in order to satisfy you.
We really hope to see you again among us and to let show you how we get better.

middlesex
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

our holiday at this hotel was bad from start to finish the welcome was non existent we booked and paid for two rooms for three people and were offered a triple room which we refused after some talk they allowed us 2 rooms on seperate floors which we had no choice but to take the food was awful we booked 19 to 26 sept but on the sunday we got a phone call from reception asking us to vacate our rooms as they needed them for incoming guests or we would have to pay another 160liras to stay in them i refused to do this as i had paid till 2pm monday they backed down when i stood firm the staff are a disgrace to turkey and i would advise anyone to think twice about using this hotel

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank rebour
Dear Guest,

We are very grateful for all of your feedbacks.

Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

Great location, but everything was a problem in this hotel for the staff unless you were constantly ordering beer and showing them money. The breakfast omelette maker was the worst, who begrudged each day handing guests who dared ask him to cook them one, when he would purposely saturate the pan with a mass of oil whilst looking at you muttering under his breath in a snide way. Breakfast was stale cereal and unacceptable standard food, old salads and even the odd rotten tomato mixed in. Evening food was worse, 4 dishes which we did not feel safe to even attempt to try. Kitchen and dining room was dirty. We booked 3 double rooms for a party of 5, and finally arrived at the hotel after what seemed like a sight seeing trip around Alanya centre as the bus driver had no clue where the hotel was even though it was right on Kleopatra Beach. On check-in we were told they only had 1 triple room and 1 double room and they expected us to settle for that. I complained and said we had ordered and paid for 3 rooms, not 2 and that i had called the hotel 3 times to ensure the rooms were adjoining due to the family situation of travelers. The staff were not happy at all having to give a third room but after some talking, they finally caved in, but said we had to wait till much later on for a third room. We were thrown 2 keys and split up on different floors after specifically asking for adjoining rooms which were confirmed by email, twice. 1 room (103) on 1st floor, 2nd room (403) on 4th floor, and eventually (501) on 5th floor at 4pm. The owner still moaned when i went to collect the third key and still moaned at having to give me the 3rd room. The second receptionist or owner was also extremely rude and clearly didn't care at all about what we had ordered, promptly saying we should call the rep and just find another hotel if we didn't want 2 rooms only. I again explained that they could not sell 3 double rooms which they had been paid for, then offer guests a triple and a double without the right bed situation to accommodate and expect us to be happy and accepting. The rude replies and muttering under breath and complete dismissal was annoying and aggravating. The 2 rooms (103 and 403) were basic, old and worn, and ceilings were falling in on the old cracked bathrooms with corroded showers and dirty brown toilets. Not what we expected for the price but the large balconies and gorgeous beach views made up for that and the beds were comfy. TV's and fridges did not work. The 3rd room, 501 was a nightmare room, but i was forced to accept it. There was a major storm one day during the week and to my horror, my ceiling was pouring in water and dirt through the walls and light fittings and was flooded. The staff however laughed at this and merely told me this was not dangerous and i should turn all the lights and electricity off. I promptly informed them i would not touch their dangerous wiring or light switches for fear of being killed by electrocution, but was again assured this was not dangerous. I was shocked. The sewerage smell was awful. They refused to change my room. We booked Monday to Monday, but on the Sunday morning, we were told to leave our rooms before 12, even though we had paid till the Monday at 2pm. By this time, after a week of utter rudeness and then being asked to vacate early, I was furious and enough was enough. I told the receptionist under no circumstances were were leaving our rooms 1 day early and there was no but about it. Then she said we had to pay for the 3 rooms again for that day as she needed the rooms back, even though we had paid. When i showed my firmness and refusal and walked away stating there was no discussion, we walked away back to the beach. Upon our return, the owner apologised and clearly admitted defeat after pushing his luck. Better hotels are next door and these include the Aroma Hotel, Savk Hotel, Elysee Hotel and the lovely Grand Okan Hotel. Azak Beach is not worth the hassle and believe me, you will not be impressed.

Room Tip: Stay at the Grand Okan
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Joobyloo1
Dear Guest,

first of all, we are very grateful for all of your feedbacks.
We really hope to see you again among us and to let show you how we get better.

scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

The Azak beach hotel has the beach right on its doorstep but can easily be confused with a hotel 150m away called the Azak hotel.
Something i never seen in adverts for the hotel is that it has free wi-fi but if you don't have a laptop etc you can use a cafe that only charge 1tyl per hour which equals about 35p.
My room was 6m by 3m with the shower room 2m by 2m within that area, good pressure shower a big mirror and hair dryer. there is a tv but only one English channel, bbc world news. there is no kettle. the balcony was 3m by 2m with great view. the fridge is charged for as is the room safe. the air conditioning is free. my room was cleaned everyday apart from once. the pool only has 12 sun loungers. breakfast is ok but nothing cooked, the coffee was about the worst iv'e tasted but there is diluted juice, there is no free drinks with evening meals. the bar has one draft beer pump 'Efes', 5tyl everything else is bottled.
The sunloungers on the beach are 4tyl per day. the neighbouring hotels all looked better quality, far bigger pools, more sun loungers, comfier looking seats, and night time entertainment .

Room Tip: All rooms are sea facing
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends