We spent 2 weeks on July 2014 at Green Garden.
We selected the hotel, because of the several activities for the kids and because 4 star rating the travel agency had promised to us. Here the pros and cons of the hotel.
- There was lots to do for kids: 5 water slides for little older kids and little water slide tower for little ones, two playgrounds, kids club with swedish and english (sometimes also finnish) speaking guides, gamerooms, minigolf, nearby beach, billiard table, ping pong table, large swimming pools with smaller kids pool, Lollo & Bernie :)
- Almost every evening was evening shows with different perfomers (similar programs every week)
- The main swimming pool was very large and nice
- The hotel was very close to Oba center, which was had lots of little shops and little supermarkets. Also local Metro wholesale store was in close distance, where you could purchase clothes and larger amount of food in cheap price.
- There were lots of stomach flus during our stay. One member of our family was sent to local hospital by hotel doctor, where he was put in infusion for one day. It was very difficult to communicate with hospital staff, because nurses did not speak almost at all english. TAlso four other members of our family and other family of friends had stomach flus, even if we paid close attention to hygiene. The kitchen staff handled the meal ingredients sometimes with bare hands and buffet servings were surrounded by flies (especially cheeses, fruits). It seemed like the same food was dished out several times a day. One day somebody found a dead rat in the children playground!
- The buffet servings were similar every breakfast, lunch and dinner. At dinners were served grilled food. There was only one place where to get fresh water at restaurants and therefore the queue was very long usually.
- Hotel room doors were very thin. Every noise was heard through the doors. This was very irritating, when trying to put kids to sleep.
- It is good to know, that there are "hidden" fees to be prepared for. Fresh apple juice costs 6 lires, safety box 90 lires per 2 weeks, gym 10 lires per day, beach seats 5 lires per day etc.
- The friendliness of staff varies a lot. Usually it was not expected to get automatically greeted or thanked, but I think it is turkish habit
- It seems, that not all the equipment was not maintained sufficiently. For example, during running high speed on the treadmill, the treadmill suddenly stopped. There were large windows behind me. Pretty dangerous...
As a summary, a quite nice hotel with lots to do, but not worth of four stars.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays and Odigeo so you can book your Green Garden Apart Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.