“wanna go back”

Ranked #140 of 371 Hotels in Alanya
Moscow, Russia
“wanna go back”
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I stayed at the Sentido Gold Island from 9 till 19 May. First of all I’m happy to say that I liked the hotel very much and can recommend spending your vacations there. I could even go there once again, although I don’t like to visit the same places. It feels like it were a European hotel.
Rooms are very good, linen was changed every other day, towels every day. It was my first experience of such diligence in maids (my room was 531). On the table there is a card bearing the name of the person who does the cleaning in your room, I rather liked this. Although all rooms have a sea view, I would prefer one with a pool and Avsallar view instead of a tennis court one. Balconies on the 5th floor do not have the roof, so in case of rain your wet belongings will stay wet. So I recommend rooms below 5th floor. WiFi worked to the point of videocalling on skype if the PC was closer to the mirror. There’s a fridge in a room and a kettle, but no mini-bar, even for money. A free safe was a nice point. 2-3 bottles of water were at your fridge every day for free.
Restaurant & Bars. The main restaurant is very good indeed, the food is the strongest point of the hotel, very tasty and different. Lots of fruit, desserts. Drinks are good. It was also the first place where I could drink local wines, etc. Beware of rose wine… it has something that works like a vodka&juice, 4 rose wines had an effect of 4 tequilas on me. Drinks at the restaurant are better than in the lobby bar, I don’t know why. Ah yes, there are 2 cocktails on AI list; while at the lobby bar, spot Necdet and ask him for a Nec-cocktail, that’s a tasty one. It was so sweet to receive a rose for mom’s day before breakfast as a compliment from the hotel. As an addition to the floral theme – carnations need a water change twice a week. Pool bar offers snacks at dinner time… they are mostly very unhealthy McD’s type. Sea bar didn’t work during our stay, which I found very disappointing, for it’s a far walk for your drink from the smaller beach. The fact that only a little show was added to the usual restaurant routine and menu on the day of the minister of tourism’s stay says much of the day-to-day perfection enjoyed by guests. But the hotel is nothing without its staff. Everyone was great, friendly and efficient. I was disappointed by Aydin (with stars tattooed on his forearm), who brought wrong drinks on purpose, whistled after you, performed tricks inches from your face while you were talking to your neighbours. Since the hotel is aiming at first classness, I think I should better mention such episodes.
Pools and spa. Pools are ok, indoor pool is very warm, but Jacuzzi is rather cold. Spa centre is great, it has lots of rooms and a vip area. My mom used their offer of foaming, peeling, face mask and a one-hour full body medical massage for 100$. Simple back massage is 25 eur. My mom was very happy with the massage, I can say that she’s a good judge of the procedure since she has been having problems with her back for 10 years. The girl with the professional hands is Gizem, dark haired Turkish girl. I liked Murat, who turned out to be the first to show us around the hotel or at least a part of it (we weren’t shown about on the evening of the arrival), I rather liked his attitude, a very pleasant man to talk to, as opposed to the hotel’s photographers who stop seeing you when told that you’re not going to buy their pics, and can even ask ‘Are you normal?’ if you refuse to go out with the personnel of the hotel… I didn’t like their works, they were not professional, too much photoshop editing.
Beaches and sea. There are 2 beaches. They need better finer sand, one scratches one’s knees while falling, but for walking it’s ok. Well, the sea entrance at the bigger beach is tolerably ok. It was said in other reviews that it is a disaster. I disagree. It's really quite normal. I had no negative emotions on this point. One should go into the water at first and slowly move along the shore to learn its dangerous places. There are places where there are no stones at all and there can be lying 3 foot-long sharp-edged stones… I would recommend placing a little flag there. The second beach is great, it’s being enlarged at the moment, the entrance there is great, safe for children. And the sea there is warmer. The sea is crystal clear.
Animation. Animation teams consists of 11-13 people. I liked animation. Görkem could be less pressing while asking people to join the hotel dance. I personally didn’t mind, but I saw that some people were rather angry at his bossy attitude. But he’s very funny at night programmes and it's obvious that he's doing his best. The team are working on new shows for the summer. My own favourites were Kate and Burak. Rojba is quite a sight, half my involvement in the animation process consisted in watching and admiring him. I liked oriental dance classes and volleyball. There’s a discotheque at the hotel.
Guests. I was very satisfied with such pleasant people around me. There were people from Germany, the UK, Switzerland, Sweden (a lot), the Netherlands, Kosovo, Flanders and Belgium, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Russia, Turkey, and so on. I didn’t like representatives of Russian infotours… There were mostly couples and young people with their parents and almost no children at the hotel.
Small points. I wasn’t given an iron when I asked for one and the laundry doesn’t guarantee anything… As the hotel is new they want to grow professionally and are ready to listen to you and improve everything they can on the spot (I was a witness). I wish this hotel all the best and that the palms and other plants grow without problems.
Turkey. I’ll never go to Turkey in May again, constantly raining and the sea was cold, only once the sea was 22 degrees C. Someone wrote that it’s better to go to Alanya to buy souvenirs. No, the prices are the same in the village and in Alanya. I liked Alanya, wonderful air in the old dockyard. There’s a shuttle bus to Alanya from the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2,3,4 floors and pool view
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
13 Thank StaceySapphira

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Leicestershire
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We stayed in the hotel next door, (Sentido Golden Bay, adults only) but we could use this hotels facilities, we used the swimming pool and the internet they were very good. We also had an al-a-carte dinner one evening and that was amazing.

Our hotel (Sentido Golden Bay): We got a fantastic welcome, which started our stay brilliantly. All of the staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for us. They spoke relitively good English, The Deputy Manager was particularly helpful, we were spoilt by the choice of food, the drinks were good and had many drinks that we would drink, there is a free bus service to Alanya, plus the rooms are amazing they are very modern and comfortable, there is a jacuzzi on the balcony (well worth booking that before you go.) This is a great location with a private beach.

The whole week was great and we wanted to stay longer, we would definately book again, the All inclusive really means what it says.

Room Tip: Book the jacuzzi (the balcony sea view rooms) before you go, or else it's pricey when you get th...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
12 Thank JJJ31
Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We actually stayed in the Sentido Golden Bay next door (Adults Only) this allows you to use many of the facilities in this hotel as well. The pool area was excellent with comfortable loungers & full sized cushions offered as well. There was an all inclusive bar & food area at the pool side offering a full range of drinks & snacks. The entertainment team were on hand to encourage participation in a variety of activities. The private beach & water slides were inviting and attractive. We ate at the Ala-cart Italian restaurant & it was simply amazing my wife would love to return it was so so good.
We used the spar facilities, indoor pool & internet facilities here as well & were delighted with each area. We would highly recommend this & our hotel next door

Room Tip: Go for the upgraded rooms with a Jacuzzi on the balcony (Sentido Golden Bay) it's definitely wor...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank PabloGrande_GB
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Very nice rooms with beautiful sea wiews,very nice lobby, great poolarea,and the best right on the beach.Good food,but to many russians and worst of all low ,low service even if you tip them!!.They hardley understand any english but they understand perfect russian, It could be a 5 star hotel if they change the personal..!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank cartier35
2640 Mortsel
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Hotel opened June 2011. We stayed October 2011.
Rooms and architecture are finest we got during many years .
Food and beverage fine. Service in the main restaurant to be improved,. ( even a tip was not helpfull)
We return May 2012

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank liberia49
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Hotel is very smart and location second to none.
We were given a island suite room,absolutely fabulous next to sea and only a minute walk to main hotel and also had sole use of two sun beds overlooking sea.
Food was ok and I believe more restaurants are due to be opened in 2012.
Although we were on all inclusive we eat out every other night in the local village. You really need to do this to see the real people and taste real Turkish food. We had good food and the Turkish people were very nice to us and the food was a quarter of the price we pay in London.

• Stayed September 2011
5 Thank michaelcorbett
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2011

we have just returned from a week there but we stayed in the G Hotel at the side of the gold island, as it is their small quite hotel, but we got to use all the fabulous facilities in the Gold Island Hotel. were to start the the transfere was a bit long and stressfull but once there it was well worth it.The rooms in the G Hotel are absolutly gorgeous very modern and sleek with a jacuzzi on the balcony - the rooms in the Gold Island are huge with a huge balcony and quite plain but my preferance was the G Hotel rooms- all pools were cold as they are all over turkey this time of year the sea was quite warm though but the sands not the best sand for a beach but it serves its purpose. service in both hotels was really good especially if you gave a small tip the food is amazin iam very fussy and normally when we do all inclusive which we have done for 14 years and all over the world my husband has to find somewere like a nearby restaurant that serves nice food and my must usually is the al a carte resteraunts this was not needed at all, the food every day in the buffet was second to none every day different and all day served to a fantastic quality there was actually nothing to complain about and normally i will not eat hardly any of the food in the buffet restaraunt but everyday was something fabulous everything was cooked to perfection no matter what time you went into the dinning room we visited the Al A Carte on last night O My God its fantastic i can honestley say the food and service is 5* plus it exceeds some of our fine restaraunts here they are to be admired 100%............ drinks were good even their own spirits were good and they serve proper coke and cock light proper fanta proper sprite not the cheap nasty stuff they make. At the bars we tipped the barman and got real bailys and absolute vodka and lovely cocktails there is not one thing i can complain about and normally werever i go i have a list ...all i can say is it was the perfect holiday and could go back there in a blink and stay there as long as i could the place is amazing and well be trying their Gold City hotel as we met some people who had stayed there and said that was amazing too we went with no expectations and when we got there our expectations were met and exceeded thousand times more i carnt wait to go back the whole place is just wonderful and really unbeleiveable for Turkey dont miss the chance to go its absolutley fab

Room Tip: all de-luxe rooms in G hotel have a jacuzzi and are fab
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family