“Friendly excellent hotel”

Xperia Kandelor Hotel
Ranked #117 of 374 Hotels in Alanya
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I am currently staying here at the moment and I can honestly say the bad reviews people are giving are unjustified. It is a lovely place that is reasonably priced. The room is very very clean and the bedding and towels are changed daily. The bathroom and floors are cleaned every day also. The maid even goes to the trouble off leaving us little surprises every day in the shape of an elephant or swan or heart made from towels!!! She also leaves fresh flowers in our room daily too. The mini bar is kept topped up with Pepsi lemonade orangeade and water as is the tea/coffee facilities which appear fresh and not as though they been there for yrs(as previous comment) the food is nice and varied each day with fresh produce on offer. Staff are friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them at all. The spa is great very relaxing and reasonably priced and you will be treated like a princess/prince if you stay here. Excellent value for money and I honestly don't know why there are any negative reviews on this place

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank katrina-1975

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Great hotel great location staff. All lovely all speak English rooms done everyday this is the smallest cheapest hotel I have ever been too but the best for staff & the food fantastic. If u want a lively holiday this hotel is not for u but if u want a relaxing holiday it is brilliant. I would go back in a minute. 5 min walk to the beach.

• Stayed: November 2012
8  Thank gailscotland
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a week in October 2012. When we arrived at 2.00 am we were told are room wasn't ready in the main hotel and would have to stay in the other block and change rooms in the morning, not happy about this we agreed. On opening the door to the room we we were happily surprised with what we saw. Next morning we changed room to the main block , but the rooms were not a patch on the room we had for the first night. We asked for a pool facing room on a low flor but ended up with a room on the top floor facing over the road! We were the only English couple at the hotel and none of the staff were able to speak English and were not friendly at all ...that is except for the cleaners who always smiled even thought they could not understand what you said. I was disappointed with the pool as there were a total of 20 sun beds for the whole of the hotel. In the height of summer the pool would not be adequate to accommodate all its guests.. The food was edible, however I felt that the choice was definitely limited and repetitive. It seemed to me that they tried to make an AI menu on the cheap. I have stayed in AI hotels before and never complain about the food. We didn't complain as this was a last minute booking and paid a reasonable price , however after staying at the hotel and would say we had a fair deal. Would I go back .... NO not to that hotel, There sister hotel, The Saray Beach LOOKED much better but can't comment on the rooms, food etc. The rooms were cleaned daily and towels chaned. The bedding was a cotton blanket with a bottom sheet a pillow and a bed cover. Our room had and additional single bed that was not used however the bed cover was dirty but was not changed during our stay. There was tea and coffee facilities in the room but the sachets looked if they had been in the room for years. The mini bar ! A bottle of water, bottle of coke, Small bottle of local lemonade and orange. And two cartons of cherry juice.... Do not drink disgusting

Room Tip: We stayed on the forth floor which although it states that the hotel was renovated in 2011 thus floo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jackie S
Reviewed 18 July 2012

This is the first review I've written on Trip Advisor mainly because I'm too lazy to do so but I always read reviews before I book a hotel and I felt that this hotel deserved an honest and recent write up. I never understand the people that go on holiday looking for things to moan about and take pictures of. When I go on holiday I have better things to do with my time and all I'm worried about is that it's hot and sunny, the hotel and rooms are clean, the food is good and the location is great.

I have to say I was very impressed with our hotel as the food selection was great, the staff were very friendly (Mehmet and Arif especially) and the rooms were pretty modern and clean. The hotel is small and so is the pool but if you do your homework before you book then you should know this already. There are also two blocks that make up this hotel and we were lucky enough to stay in the main one, having said that the other one is only on the opposite side of the road. There were lots of different nationalities in the hotel and the resort which was nice and we got friendly with everyone around by the pool. The hotel doesn't really have entertainment but my friend and I like to be where all the nightlife is so we spent most of our evenings down by the harbour (5 mins in a taxi). This was my first time in Alanya and my second time in Turkey and what I loved about Alanya is that you don't get hassled by the locals like you do in Marmaris and Icmeler. If I had to say something slightly negative about this hotel then it would be that they didn't play music by the pool that often but then I understand that this is not what everyone wants anyway.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank Jannarz
Reviewed 16 July 2012

The rooms are cleaned daily plus you get clean towels everyday. We had nothing to complain about the breakfast, lunch or diner.
"Free" drinks are even served after midnight.
The waiters are friendly especially Mehmet
Although we were there in the middle of july a time when its very chaotic in many hotels, here things ran very smoothly.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Machoman6363
Reviewed 9 May 2012

went to this hotel on a recommendation of a work colleague who said it was clean, simple, excellent food and good value for money. We arrived late in the evening and met by friendly staff who offered us some food and took our bags to our rooms.

The room was small and hostel like. The bathroom had definitely seen better days with a disgusting brown tiled floor. The room was very dated and bland. It felt dirty and there wasnt even normal sheets on the bed. Im not sure what it was, a curtain, a rug??

I thought i would give the hotel a chance as it was recommeded and we went down for breakfast. There was absolutely nothing i would want to eat. Im not even sure what half the food was meant to be. I opted for a bread roll. I opened it up to find some white substance inside. The orange juice was toxic looking and tasted very fake.

The pool area was ok but small. The hotel was set back from the beach and was in a very built up area with a lot of building work going on.It was next to a dirt track road in i would say a not very nice area.

The alcholic drinks were watered down and they didn't have any beer when we arrived for lunch and very limited spirits.

Needless to say we moved hotels and only stayed at the Kandelor for one night. The only good thing was the staff were very nice and helpful, after some negotation they agreed that we only had to pay for the night that we were there and we left to stay in the Grand Okan which was 100% better and about the same price!!

I don't understand the reviews from others on the website, all i can say is they must have been at a different hotel. There is much better out there for about the same price.

Room Tip: Don't ever choose a room at this hotel
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Christine G
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We booked this hotel since it was the only one available without very bad reviews. Although our expectations were low, the hotel surprised us in various ways.

At first the room. It was nicely decorated and I think recently updated to new standards. The beds were comfortable and large enough. The room had a large balcony as well. The bathroom was recently updated with the rest of the room. It included a rain shower showerhead, a normal showerhead, a toilet and a large sink.

The hotel offers its visitors an all inclusive deal. Although in general, the food is not edible at most hotels when they offer all-in deals, the Kandelor hotel offers more than a good variation with superb taste! We stayed at the hotel for 9 days and every day the hotel has a different selection of food during lunch and dinner. The only thing that more or less stays the same are the variety of salads. Between lunch and diner the hotel also offers tea, coffee and cake, however the offered cake is not very tasty. On the whole the all-in was very good.

The staff at the hotel offer a good service. The kitchen personnel clean your table as soon as possible, after which you can get another plate if desired. They will even get you drinks when you ask them (included in all-in). During the 7 month holiday season many people from all over Turkey come to Alanya to work. Hence, the use of English of various staff members is minimal causing people to think they're rude, while they actually do not know how to talk back. Other staff members can speak English very well. Nonetheless, all staff members try to do their best to help you have a nice vacation.

Animation is only offered once a week, on Mondays. The Turkish night is not very special and if you are looking for a hotel that offers an enormous pool with a great variety of animation, then Kandelor is not your place to be. The advantage of the hotel is its location. It's only a 5 minute walk to the beach and about 15 minutes to the harbor. The hotel is surrounded with many stores and restaurants and therefore the animation is not really needed. Hotels in Alanya are quite small and if you are looking for a hotel that specializes in animation and has big pools I would suggest going to Konakli which is nearby. There isn't much to do in Konakli, but for people with children it might be better.

Personally, I would give this hotel at least 4 stars. The food is good, the personnel is helpful, it's clean, the rooms are recently updated and the location is perfect. The only disadvantages are that sometimes the sheets and towels are not cleaned. It didn't bother me at all, however it did bother my girlfriend for example. For people that want a good hotel and will find their own animation the Xperia Kandelor is highly recommended. For families with little children that need animation I would suggest to go somewhere else.

Room Tip: The rooms are very modern with good twin beds and a balcony. The bathroom included a beautiful rains...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple