I stayed at the Alaiye Kleopatra hotel for two weeks on an all inclusive basis during July 2011. It was my first time visiting Turkey and I had a fantastic experience. The hotel is located in a great area with a beautiful beach being directly across the road from the hotel. The road is quite busy but we never had any problems crossing it.
Being two young women we opted to spend one week around the pool/at the beach and the other doing excursions. Our excursions included a boat trip, water rafting, a turkish bath spa day, a day at the local Alanya Castle, a jeep safari and a visit to the Antalya Aquapark (waterpark). We booked all of our excursions at once through a shop at the side of the hotel. The man gave us a fantastic deal and we paid around £110 each for all six trips. I'll tell you a little more about those trips:
-The boat trip: fantastic day trip. included food and entertainment onboard. The beaches/sea in alanya are beautiful. Such a nice relaxing day.
-Water rafting: again collected from the hotel. Food included at a local restaurant. Fantastic day with local instructors.Great experience.
- Turkish bath spa day - a lot of people offer Turkish baths - including the alaiye kleopatra hotel. However, they are EXPENSIVE and I mean very expensive here. We opted to go on our first day on a trip to a local salon(?) booking through the shop at the side of the hotel and had a fantastic pamper afternoon. We had massages, peels and all sorts of things as well as the turkish bath. It was the perfect start to our holiday and we loved it. Both men and women were taking part.
- Alanya Castle: its about a 30 minute walk from the hotel. we opted to get a taxi from outside the hotel who took us up to the Castle and decided to walk back down to hotel (its all down hill). The taxi was around 10 euros and there is a small fee to enter the castle. There is a beautiful market outside of the castle selling gifts and many beautiful restaurants offering pure orange juice/food on the walk back down the hill. Beautiful experience with wonderful views. absolutely loved it. Definitely worth doing.
-Jeep safari: fantastic day! we went on a long drive in the jeep. Crazy driving. absolutely loved it. suitable for all ages. enabled us to see the real turkey. We went up into the villages, stopped for dinner in a 'traditional turkish house' where entertainment and food was provided with the cost of the trip. It was a lovely experience. and the day I got my tan!
- The aquapark was good. We heard it was expensive inside so took drinks with us. However, these were confiscated at the entrance so be aware of this. Fantastic day trip. Return transport provided again. no complaints. Definitely a funfilled day.
Turkey for us was lovely... BUT.. you seriously do need to barter. Haggle in shops because otherwise they will charge horrendous amounts of money for things. Something they originally charge 15euros for will be dropped to 7euros in seconds with abit of haggling. No items in shops are priced..........so they can (and will) charge ridiculous amounts if you let them. Shop owners can be annoying. pestering you to enter their stores/restaurants but a firm no does the trick. Beach as I said earlier is beautiful and the weather was incredible. absolutely loved the area. Location was perfect.
The hotel was very expensive. The shops, hair salon, massages/turkish baths.. everything. We brought drinks from outside of the hotel where there is often happy hours. There is a shop right next door to the hotel who sell ice creams for 1euro.. works out alot less to visit the shop than spend 4euros for an ice cream in the hotel. The internet was also extortionately priced.. about 7euros for an hour. thankfully we was advised to go to a local internet cafe outside of the hotel who charged just 1euro for an hour. I'd recommend booking excursions through the shop next door to the hotel as mentioned earlier as travel reps in the hotel charge an absolute fortune!
The food at the hotel was ok. We never went hungry and worked out for the amount we paid for all inclusive we saved alot of money BUT the food is repetitive so we enjoyed eating out during our excursions! I dont think I could have had every meal there for two weeks solid although a week would have probably been fine. No ice cream (except odd evenings) are included during your all inclusive but there is a BBQ which was lovely. Drinks are served in small plastic cups (annoying) and there are no brand names for all inclusive. Also, orange juice served at breakfast is charged for (despite being all inclusive). Dinner is lovely - having the option to have burger and chips around the pool or go inside and enjoy the buffet. A nice choice.
Our aircon/hot water was fine. No problems. Room was good. Fantastic view of pool and beach. Cleaner was great and regularly changed beds and towels. We often left money around and jewellery and nothing ever got taken.
Being two young girls we found that alot of the male staff were quite 'full on'.. asking to meet us outside of the complex so be aware of that. But honestly, that was only the odd one and the majority of staff are lovely. They will go out of their way to help you. We forgot our travel adaptor (idiots) and the porter travelled out of the hotel and fetched us one on his lunch. The staff work so hard and cannot do enough for you. We often ventured around the hotel complex or outside .. exploring at night.. and at no point did we feel unsafe. we had an amazing experience and would go back again. Alanya is BEAUTIFUL and this hotel is set in a beautiful location!!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Alaiye Kleopatra Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alaiye Kleopatra Alanya
- Alaiye Kleopatra Hotel Alanya