All reviews sultan bar rice pasta english bar lira per person early hours of the morning top floor lunch and dinner kebab soup ice cream sunbeds sauna
Reviewed 4 July 2018

The rooms were okay, however, the AC in all our rooms, four in total, were out-dated and did not keep the room very cool. In my room, there was a problem with the pipe filling the water tank leaking which was reported and fixed. Also, the fridges in two of the rooms remained warm even after replacement and in my Aunt's room, the air conditioning started leaking during the night. The engineer arrived after some time and supposedly fixed it however the problem persisted and we had to resort to asking the cleaner to provide a bucket which was used to contain the dripping water.

The cleaners were good and kept the rooms in a tidy condition, I would recommend that you place the tag on your room door once you are out to signify that you wish for your room to be cleaned, in that way, it will be prioritized.

The food at breakfast time was good. Had a sufficient selection of products such as boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt, bread however the toaster machine was not very effective even after a number of attempts. Lunch and dinner was good, if they provided ice-cream it would have been even better. Also, the restaurant is on the top floor and the views are stunning.

The waiters were nice, especially Ahmet who helped take my food to my table and was very welcoming everyday.

The highlights of the hotel was the Sultan Bar, which was open all day, where you could get hamburgers and Pepsi as much as you wanted.

During the night, at the Sultan Bar, there were a variety of events on, my family enjoyed the Turkish traditional dancing and also watching the World Cup via the projector.

WiFi was available in all public places however the connection seemed to constantly drop. The best place to surf the web would be in the Lobby.

Reception staff were okay, but after mentioning the multiple problems we faced in our rooms listed above, at times they were rude.

Overall, I would say, the stay was okay but could have been a lot better if these small issues could have been dealt with in a professional and timely manner.

Room tip: Have a room higher up as the temperature will be cooler and the view outside would be better.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Awais M
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

We had booked the lovely looking antique roman palace for 6 Nights via hotels.com and looked so much forward to a Nice holiday. We were very sad og dissapointed that the hotel only informed us upon arrival at 10pm at Night that they would close the hotel the following Day due to few guests. We were suggested to move to ARTEMIS princess hotel, I Think antique Roman palace is better, closer to the Beach and more service-minded. Artemiss princess is a very Pro-russian hotel and the russian receptionist and waiter at the restaurant were not service-minded. The waiter were often rude, Inappropriate, the receptionist she laughed at our question on whether we could check out 1 hour later eventhough there we No new arrivals. It is my first entitet hotel-stay in 40 years with No "good-bye"!In general too many russians at ARTEMIS hotel with lots of greedy eating and drinking entertainment russians - we should have stayed at another hotel when travelling with kids not a place for a family holiday with kids. Poor service. Sad and dissapointing the only good thing I have to say is that the entertainment with the turkish Night and another Day the african Dance was Nice! I would NOT come back to this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Marie-Louise O
Reviewed 30 July 2017

Great time spent vacation. After checking in we were guided through the hotel by Cana who signs up the guests to hamman (sauna, hammam and massage). I recommend to use this procedure immediately after the arrival before sunbathing. If you need help or you have questions Can can help you. He is a good person, talk to him. Meals on the 5th floor are sensational, the drinks on the bar are standard, the pool is sufficient. I recommend to take bike equipment and explore the area. Opposite the hotel is Cafe Diva where we spent time after closing the hotel bar, you can eat some interesting dishes. I recommend this hotel and Can.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank King503
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

We arrived early hours on Thursday 6th July after a 3hour transfer from airport.
We got off to a bad start, wasn't offered any food after travelling all day and being knackered, receptionist spoke limited english and the guy who showed us to our room spoke none and shrugged when we asked where we could get some food and drinks, the keycard didn't work twice so after a 20 minute wait we was moved to another room on the top floor. Luckily a market across the road was open for us to buy some snacks.
Room was clean, aircon, everything you need, the TV only had 1 english channel but that didn't bother us much. Food is good, not much variety though.
Now the drinks I was a bit dissapointed with, the beer was included with all inclusive but it tasted like fizzy water most the time, no cocktails included but had coffee and vodka ( not nice )and usual soft drinks. The pool area is nice but sometimes not enough sun beds. Now the elevators, for the first building there is 3 but tiny inside, and the building with the other rooms where we stayed just had the 1, which we had to make 2 trips in for 2 of us with our baggage as it was that small. So half the time we just climbed the 4 flights of stairs to the restaurant and our room due to people waiting for lifts. Same with other reviews, we were the only English people in the hotel, again didn't bother us that much.
DO NOT buy trips from the 'rep' who visits you. We did and found out how much we had been taken for a ride with the prices. Much much cheaper elsewhere.
The WIFI is horrendous and you'll probably get connected 3 times a day if that. We didn't stay in the hotel for the entertainment at night because knowing we was the only english we didn't think we'd enjoy a russian karaoke and we didn't like the drinks.
The entertainer seemed shocked that we had come here being english, he was the highlight of the hotel and helped us loads as he spoke the most english. One thing we noticed, most of the staff in the restaurant look unhappy with life!
Theres an English bar around the corner (viking) which had entertainment and great staff.

All in all it's a good hotel, if i was to change anything I'd not go all inclusive because like i said we didn't drink much and the food was a bit repetitive but you get what you pay for. If you don't mind being the only english then you'll enjoy this nice quiet hotel.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jonathan T
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Just spent 7 days here last minute deal on my own. It was fantastic I'm Scottish and don't know why people say not for brits. Made very welcome hotel and rooms are immaculate. and a lot of fun was had in the evening entertainment after a relaxing day by the pool. Food was great and varied. Would I come back? Defiantly it was a great deal and fantastic hotel.

Date of stay: May 2017