“Ok-ish....but no entertainment for family with kids !!!”
Review of Elysee Hotel

Elysee Hotel
Ranked #257 of 374 Hotels in Alanya
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Just arrived from our holiday at Elysee Hotel. When we arrived (at about 1:30 am) our room was ready for us....but very disappointing....the hotel no way is 4 stars......I would give a 2 star...we have stayed in Europe to 3 stars hotels which were 10 times better.....But got used to it...The food was ok, not a very big choice, but was fresh and tasty. The entertainment?? well.....there isn't such thing....My daughter (3 years) was very bored.....nothing for her to do.....They have like a slide/swing toy in front of the hotel, which is broken and filthy..:(. We went all inclusive...but still had to pay for ice creams, for sun-beds on the beach (not expensive- 9 TL day, but considering is the hotel's beach...)...For sure we will go back to Alanya, there are loads of things to do and see, but no way we will return to this hotel....The room was clean every day....but all it looks old......

Room Tip: sea view rooms are nice, even though a bit noisy....
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Anca P

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Nice employees. Daily there was animators with different attractions for the guests. Nice food, snacks and cake available through out the day. We were a group of 14 people and we absolutely loved it there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Wasnt too sure about turkey before we booked but friends convinced us to try it. We found the Elysee hotel for a great price and decided to give it a chance. The transfer is about 2.5 hours but if you're expecting it it's fine, our flight was a late flight so we slept through most of it.
Even though we didn't get to the hotel until about 4am, the staff were really lovely and welcoming when they showed us straight to our room.
The room was nice, cleaned everyday and with enough space for all our stuff and the masses we bought there. All rooms are sea view with a balcony which was nice!
Food was lovely (and we're quite fussy). Very Mediterranean! Lots of fresh salads, fruit, rice, soup etc. surrounded by restaurants so if you fancy a change you're spoilt for choice and at a great price.
Entertainment was okay although we were out most nights.
Beach was about 15 steps from the hotel, little bit pebbly but still nice. Only about 4 lira for a sunbed, parasol and free drink.
All in all it was a really lovely stay, couldn't fault it. Staff were extremely helpful and work very hard.
It's not the ritz but I don't know why people are expecting it to be, it's great value for money and I will definitely go backs

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I can honestly say this hotel is fine, the rooms are clean, the pool area is clean the food is ok you will always find something to eat, for breakfast there is always boiled eggs, toast, cereal, or the chef will make an omlette for you, lovely fresh bread, cheese, meats and tomatoes, people who are moaning about the food are just fussy eaters, at lunch there is always a good choice and if you dont like whats there you can wait until 2pm when the snacks come out at the pool bar, which is usually chips, pizza or nuggets and salad ect, and there is usually a good choice for the evening meal too,
the beach is shingle but ok and you get free soft drinks at the bar,
the only thing I found annoying was getting up at 6.45am to get a sunbed at the pool area and had to go to the beach if we slept in, there is a sign at the pool saying any towels on beds before 8am will be removed but this was not the case, if they make rules the mamagement should follow them,
I did find the resort of Alanya to be more of a city and the shop and restaurant owners are very pushy pestering you where ever you go trying to pull you in, and that is the only reason I would not go back to Alanya, but I did enjoy my holiday.
I must let yoiu know if you go for a Turkish bath you are taken to the sister hotel by car, but its well worth a visit.

Room Tip: the sea views are lovely so ask for a 2nd floor or above otherwise you will only ee the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ylc09
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Breakfast was crap!!
Lunch & dinner & snacks were okay got abit fed up towards the end was all the same!!
Some staff are rude!! Loads of Russians & Germans who were rude,, really close to the market 15min walk got some good bargins but you've got to haggle!!! Got a rose gold Michael kors watch they wanted 170 lira I haggled them down to 30 lira
Was a good holiday very hot!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Goooood location, Very close to beach & town, The Hotel is very very clean.... All inclusive the usual only gin,vodka,beer, or wine from 9am till 11pm then they charged you for it. Fooood was average... Very basic..... pasta, rice, salad, soup etc. The down side to the hotel was the entertainment;( 3 nights out of the 7 was movie night, there was a night with nothing at all on and the rest well crap shows..... a belly dancer for half an hour and a guy dancing with beer glasses on this head..... enetertainment if there was any started at 9.15 and would be finished before 10.30.

If your going to Turkey your better getting Euros as most places take euros instead if Turkish Lira......

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrianPickering
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived late Saturday nite inly to b told our room was not ready go take a seat and should b ready with in 3/4 hrs when I then said no I was not willing to juat go sit and wait for 4 hrs it was 3 oclock in morning I was tired and wanted to go sleep I then had the boy on reception laugh in my face finally after 1 1/2 they found us a different room then to wake up and c that the hotel do not do catering for English people nothing for b.fast may b lucky on snack rime to find something and as for tea well u have 3 things to choose for so its take it or leave it we have ended up eating out ever morning and nite when booking all inclusive u expect something im juat glas we dnt have children with us coa god help them there is nothing here for them to eat at all then the drinks ok the pop and beer is fine but the other other thing that they give u is vodka gin and wine its shockin iv stayed in alotbof different all inclusive and this is by far rhe worse and every English person we have spoken to have said rhe same the hotel is in a beautiful place but no way is it a 4* and to top it all off iv had money taken from my case which aas locked and I had the key on me so still tryin to work out how that 1 happened but had £100 taken was there in the morning when I locked it away and gone in the evening when u returned I live turkey but would never return to thia part thank good the weather has been beautiful or would b holiday from hell

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple