“Excellent value for money”

Elysee Garden Apart Hotel
Ranked #236 of 372 Hotels in Alanya
Essex
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I booked this hotel for a cheap break away otherwise I couldn't of gone on holiday this yet as I only usually stay in 5* hotels.

I was very apprehensive of what I was going to walk into. I arrived around 1am Turkish time, and thought I walked into something out of faulty towers.

We got to the room and the beds are so low down and quite hard. Also very short in length... I am 5'7 and my feet were hanging over the edge!

However, there is a lot of space in the rooms with a seperate lounge, tv (all Turkish and German channels though) .

When we woke up the next day, we was pleasantly surprised to see it in the light.... Lovely staff, food is okay to get you by, it is the expected... Salad, rice, olives etc.

For tea lovers it's worth mentioning they only out out milk in the morning for breakfast so I would bring/buy your own tea bags and buy a carton of milk out here and keep it in your room fridge so you can have it after dinner and lunch too.

Sun loungers started to get reserved from 8am, but nice pool with activities such as water polo ( which I didn't expect)

Lots of kids there and activities for them also, especially with the pool slide!!

Location is 10 minutes away from the beach, straight down. You can get 2 beds for around £3-4 and great for getting away for the constant screaming kids in the hotel (screaming at breakfast as not getting what they want, at the pool because they fell, at dinner etc etc). Some parts of the beach (like beach hut 11 &12 next to Aladdin hotel ( you just turn right at bottom of straight road and walk along sea front) ) have free wi fi too!

Overall if you want a value break in the sun I can recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank balletdancingbabe

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel about a year ago with my family. The service was good, the food was nice quality and the room service was also very clean. Our bedsheets were changed every day of the week. The pool is also fun with a rainbow coloured slide (i always stayed at the bottom where the water rushes the most). The evening snack bar next to the pool was good. It had delicious food with traditional chefs to suit your style. The hotel is also located quite close to the beach. Every night there used to be a karaoke with a DJ of the hotel. The kids loved and enjoyed these nights. Overall i rate this hotel 9/10. :)

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Lukman1
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I had a brilliant time staying in this hotel, i could not fault one aspect.
There was a little hiccup when i got there, but this was delt with
Speedily and professionally.

The saved sunbeds were an issue, but if you throw their towels in the water
about two o`clock in the morning, they get the message !

The food was ok, you get what you pay for ! I had no problems with it.

Room Tip: I dont know, i never needed to swap.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank kerryoli
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2013

The first day we arrived we were told that they had no rooms available for us, even though we had booked it a fortnight ago. They arranged for us to stay at another hotel, which was a better hotel than this one and we were impressed with it, although it was still very disappointing and an annoying hassle. We met another pair of guests who were told the same thing when they arrived that night.

The hotel itself was nice, had a good outdoor theme to it with a big garden and an outdoor reception. The swimming pool area I found to be a bit small, but sufficient. The food I found to be quite poor and was disappointed with the lack of meat, particularly during breakfast and lunch. The entertainers were very friendly and interesting but their entertainment program was quite limited and repetitive. Other staff were all friendly, cheerful, and had a great sense of humour. Most of the guests were German or Scandinavian, very few English there. Our room was very spacious and nice, it's all apartments there, although the air condition seemed to make us feel a bit sick.

Overall it was good value for money and I think what happened the first night was a rarity there. It's certainly not a hotel for a luxury holiday but it's cheap enough to justify going.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank James G
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Overall brilliance, the hotel was beautiful and very very clean. The rooms are very big and equpied with everything u need. The hotel staff and service is absolutley fantastic I would deffinitley recomend this hotel to everyone :)

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank LexiJayee
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I visited this hotel with my two Daughters (23 & 13) and my 11 week old Grandson.

First impressions were good :) .. we arrived around 11pm in Turkish time, our baggage was taken to our room.
As we hadn't eaten they prepared a small salad type buffet for us (no meat) .. we then proceeded to the bar area next to the pool, and ordered 2 cokes and glass of water, we were told that as it was turned 11pm we had to pay (was on the understanding that fully inclusive holidays meant all food and drink were free??) .. you also had to pay for ice-creams
I wouldn't recommend this hotel for wheel chair users, although there are slopes they are rather steep, we struggled with a baby buggy.
Another problem was the lift! VERY small .. held maximum of 3 people, was that small we couldn't get baby buggy in it, we had to pull it apart and fold it before we could even get it in the lift, then it would only hold folded buggy and one person and baby, which then made it a struggle getting out alone when you reached your floor .. my girls resorted to carrying it up the stairs in the end.
Large balcony with table and chairs but I thought the balcony walls were very low and dangerous if you had young children.

The rooms were large and clean, bedding and towels were changed every day, we had bed settee and pull down bed in living area (both very comfortable) and two single beds in bed room (again, very comfortable). Bathroom was very large, fully tiled with a corner shower (no bath).
The living room area was large had table and chairs, sofa settee and bed chair, plenty or storage room and a full size fridge and sink .. there was no tea making facilities, no kettle or cups .. we did take a kettle with us (to prepare baby bottles).
Entertainment: was limited to 1 hour each night and mainly aimed at the children, mini disco .. although the animation team did try hard they seemed to be limited (provisions, costumes etc) The animation team were very friendly and went round chatting to holiday makers, they organised darts and water polo during the day and messed around with the kids.
The waiters and bar staff were very friendly and always greeted you no matter how many times they saw you during the day.
The food .... not good for the fussy eater, plenty of salad food and bread, not a lot of meat .. mainly seemed to be chicken, only 1 main meal choice per dinner/lunch, 1 some times 2 choices of soup and limited choice of pudding/dessert. nothing really aimed for children (chicken nuggets one night). nothing was named, so you didn't know what you were eating. so wasn't impressed with food, we did end up eating out a few times.

English speaking: Animation were excellent, bar staff and waiter were also good. Reception people not so good, struggled making myself understood.

The write up says 'by the beach'!!! it is a good 15/20 minute stroll to beach .. check the map.

We travelled with ON THE BEACH tour company NOT RECOMMENDED. countless problems with travel arrangements back to airport including picking us up 1 hour late.
Flew with Easy Jet .. brilliant staff and very helpful.

All in all .. wont be making another visit to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Debs1162
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Stayed for one week in October (week 42)...family booking of 17 people....booked via Bravo Travel - (Denmark)
Where do I start?
Rude staff with an attitude, at one point we were told 'find another hotel' after respectfully asking why we couldn't lie on the grass as all the sun beds were taken, this should tell you there is not enough space around the pool to accommodate all guests....not particularly helpful! The following day we found they had put hazard tape around the garden stopping people from using it! Food - okay, nothing special and certainly not appealing nor Turkish (which we all wanted from a Turkish hotel!!!) The 'tummy bug' surfaced in a nasty way, 25% of all guests came down with it and at least 10 ended up in hospital. Sadly when the holiday company were asked to look into all the issues we were told, there was not much they can do, so that was helpful...not!
Should you stay here, frankly - NO. There are far better 3 star hotels (all inclusive) in Alanya.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank CGOxford

Travellers are raving about these Alanya hotels