“Best hotel we have stayed in !!!”

Green Park Apart Hotel
Ranked #161 of 371 Hotels in Alanya
“Best hotel we have stayed in !!!”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

This wasnt our original hotel we had booked, was due to stay in Alaiye apts down by the sea but had to change to Green park apts ,we read the reviews about this hotel after we had booked & thought what have we done!!!! ,the reviews were terrible but thought it would be ok as we only wanted to use it as a base ,weve been to Alanya for many years & didnt normally eat at the hotel always ate at Kasifs who we have known 16 years,arrived 7.00am the room was a great size ,huge shower,large kitchen/diner ,we had 2 16 yr olds with us so we had a 2 bedroom apt ,on 5th floor at front of hotel very noisy but u soon got used to it,have to be down by pool by 8.45 to wait for whistle so u could reserve sunbed which we thought was stupid at first but thought it was good idea come the end of the week so many people reserved beds & went to beach for the day,staff were brilliant drinks were priced ok we paid our room bill everyday before we went upstairs,the pool area was always clean & tidy,we never tryed the food there during the day but it always looked nice , we ate in our room as you werent allowed to bring your own food down,but we didnt mind as it was nice to get out of sun,we did do a themed night which was a bbq & show it was brilliant ate dinner by the pool,taxi rank outside the hotel next to the police station the police were friendly enough always waved & said good night when we got in from clubbing at 4 in the morning, the harbour is a short taxi ride away which was costing 6 euros,we always go Queens Garden down in the harbour excellent staff they all get up & dance get the kids up to join in it turns out thats where the hotel waiters like to go to so met them there one night,did boat trip which included food & unlimited soft drinks for 20 euros each, theres a Aqua park near by down on main rd near the beach that was about 18 euros each to get in but included drink,chips,pizza or burger, you cant take your own food or drink in there they do check your bags & take it off you,we asked if we could keep our room on for longer on the last day the manager said it depends how busy it was,we went to him day before check out & we were able to keep it till 4 which wasnt an ideal time but was better than getting chucked out of room at 12 mid day we never had any trouble with manager was very friendly with us always said hello,we had aircon for 2 rooms & safe box which cost us 70 euros for the week which didnt think was too bad,cleaners were nice & friendly came back later if u werent ready to have room cleaned,we love Alanya yes its a 2 hr transfer ,yes the rooms are basic ,there arent many english restaurants we dont come on hols to eat english food,the hotel is a bit out of the way but wont cost you much in taxi to get any where ,will be bringing rest of the family back here soon.

• Stayed July 2012
7 Thank melaniecoombs

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I think that the Thomas cook staff should have mentioned the fact that they dont Cater for British people really in Alanya, Green Park are the only apprtments that take British tourists and even there you are the minority, everything was Scandinavian, and Euro, and a lot more expensive than other parts of Turkey, Its cheaper to eat and drink in Britain...such a long way from the excellent time we had in Marmaris last year.

To start off Thomas cook advised at at the airport that they could not get the original plane and they had to split the flight in 2, we were on the 2nd flight, 5 hours after we were supposed to leave and gave us £6 for a meal and drink - unless it was macdonalds it didnt cover a meal and drink anywhere else. They said many people checked in at 9am, I cant believe that as why would you go to the airport at 9am for a 1.30pm flight? they must have been tipped off, sadly we werent!!

The hotel itself is nice, Our room was spacias and clean and they changed the sheets and towels twice, however if you are facing the road you can hear traffic all day and night, horns honking, sirens as opposite the police station and hospital nearby.(take ear plugs with you) The staff there are all helpful and polite and do thier best, whilst Boss man sits and glares at them all day. They probably get paid very little too. The Mosque blares out thier prayers at all hours - I was woken several times at 3am, this was not mentioned when we booked surprisingly. You need to get your Towels on the sunbeds at 8.45am or you wont get a sunbed as people put thier towels down early then go off to eat. The pool was sometimes noisy as there was a lot of children there some of them boistrous and no parents checking them. They dont let you keep your room on and we were told to shower by the pool - this is not good enough, I have never been to a hotel where there is not a shower room for guests to use after being kicked out of thier rooms at 12pm

In the resort there is nothing to do, the Hotel puts on 2 shows a pool party and a BBQ, both are "Ok" but nothing special, and the Scandinavians just push in and are rude its like they havent had food before. There are no bars, and just a few restaurants dotted around.

The trips with Thomas cook are a rip off (around £35 each) you can get these opposite at the taxi rank or in the restaurant down the road, for about £18

I was ready to come home by the 3rd day in Alanya and would never go back. Next year I am returning to Marmaris, where they actually appreciate the British!!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are quieter as you cant hear the traffic as much
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank s9mmy
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Arrived to be charged for the air con and safe, normal i guess although a little expensive i thought.
I have been to Turkey 4 times now. Bodrum, Marmaris (2) and now Alanya. Well Liz S is right if this was my first holiday to Turkey I would not be going back. I am sure the cost of goods is similar in Marmaris as it is in Alanya but what a differance in cost to the holidaymaker. I would say prices are at least double for food which imediately changed our expected outlay. Took me 3 attempts to get an english breakfast, once at hotel to be greeted by ham? second nearer beach again with ham and cheese ? But if you turn right from hotel and walk 150 yards you have a small restaurent with a good english breakfast, and you can also get day trips in there. There is a restaurent if you turn left cross the dual carriageway and massive roundabout (very noisy, turkish drivers seem to bib horns all day and night ear plugs reccomended plus sirens all night) once accross road there is a restaurent on corner service brilliant and great food. The other place to eat and probably the only local entertainment to mention is the steak house, cone out of hotel turn right keep walking to junction and steak house is on oposite corner. Brialliant atmosphere entertainment every night, in fact for about an period they have a different act every 5 minutes. Apparently this guy has come from Marmaris and braught some staff with him, thank god only wich we had found this place earlier.

Entertainment at hotel was dire and uninteresting the pools are good but you have to pay for the pool table and also the football.

Did i mention if your english dont go. We may have been 1 of maybe 2 english families, why did thomson suggest this place to us. It is apparently already booked with 50% danish for next year, which is fine if you are danish. I wanted to return after a couple of days. There is nothing to do locally. Even the reatsruents said all english come last year not this, well there you have it i wont be going back.

if you have booked go on boat trips they are good although the location means the areas visited are not great. The aqua park was ok apart from you had to pay to go on half the rides even after you have paid admission.

shops are crap, place is crap, bored.com go to marmaris instead.

get your towels down at 8.- 8.30 a.m or you wont get one, lots of people turn up when they arrive to sit at restaurent tables as they cannot lie down.

As for checking out captain happy will not allow use of showers although i do recall this being offerd to a danish family, we were told to use pool showers and so was a poor chap still out there so maybe they just appreciate non english money.

Oh the rooms are a good size, huge shower - but shower early as on bbq night they ran out of water as apparently everyone washed that night?

Also note that the hotel is in the middle(i believe) of 3 of those towers that belt out the prayers all day and all night, add to that sirens and beeping horns on a very busy roundabout take ear plugs

Room Tip: the higher the better further away from traffic sirens
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Shane P
Reviewed 28 July 2012

When we arrived at the hotel we were over the moon wıth the bargain we had got!!!!!
The hotel is well under rated and deserves more than 3 and a half stars!
YOU GUYS WHO THINK DIFFERANT ARE WAY TOO FUSSY
The Price was unbelıevable we didnt expect ıt to be thıs amazıng
The staff are the best kıd frıendly welcoming staff ı can remember meetıng!
The rooms were huge! bloody brıllıant! so much space and the bathrooms are huge too
Yes there were A FEW lıttle ıssues but for the prıce you pay who really cares
the road ıs pretty load at tımes and the wı-fı was abıt ıffy and only worked at certaın tımes of the day but lıke ı saıd really ıs stıll worth goıng to thıs hotel
4 Pools! Pool Table, Pıng Pong Table, Football & Basketball court, Internet Cafe! 5 Turkısh lıra for 1 hour! - or just use the wı-fı! there ıs a day care centre for chıldren under 7 or so and so
a free gym! Honestly guys so brıllıant!
There was entertaınment on ın the week nıghts every couple of days or so
fıre breathıng, magıcıans,after 10 pool party!, buffet, raffel for free meals etc. , bbq, sıngers, dancıng acts!
all free!
great vıews from the balcony and the staff are so helpful ıts untrue
the attentıon they gıve the kıds ıs lovely,ı thınk we got 10 free drınks ın total over the two weeks just for purly buyıng regully from the bar whıch by the way have the coolest bar tenders ever!
ı dont know what all thıs rubbısh about the staff beıng horrıble ıs about thats utter crap ın all honesty
thıs ıs a truly amazıng famıly hotel!
there ıs everythıng you need
the rooms are clean also! maıds come around 12ısh
there ıs buses that go to the beach every 4 hours or so
and there ıs a cab offıce opposıte the hotel
another mınor negatıve ıs there ıs a polıce statıon near by and you can hear a few sırens around 10ısh but stıll ıts nothıng ıf you look at the prıce
there are convınıent shops rıght down the road aswell as the beach beıng lıke 10 mınutes away
amazıng day trıps out to the town
THE FOOD WELL.... DONT EVEN GO THERE ıf you come beware you mıght not want to leave the food ıs amazıng! so delıcıous expecıally the pızzas! they lay your table foryou and everythıng! the bartenders are amazıng!!!!!!ohmy god haha
the water slıdes are opened at 11:00 - 12:30 and then 3:00 - 5:30 brıllıant slıdes too! very fun haha
they lend out floatables too! for free of course haha and games lıkle connect 4 and chess whıle you waıt for your meal whıch ıs lıke no longer than 10 mınutes the chef,s are brıllıant

ı genıunly was suprısed by thıs hotel and suprısed by the fussıness of the people makıng revıews

we took 3 kıds
aged 5, aged 9 and aged 13
they all want to come back next year and we are bookıng ıt rıght away!
youre mıssıng out guys!

Room Tip: Hıgher floors are better you get better vıews and stuff but bare ın mınd the lıft can only fıt about...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank TypicalBritishMan
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I came back from green park apartments yesterday and have been looking into going back already! When doing so I spotted lots of negative reviews - these people must just be very picky because I think this hotel is brilliant value for money and the staff are brilliant and welcoming! There is always somebody at reception and security 24/7 which made us feel better when we were coming back at 3/4am (I went with 2 of my friends).
All of the staff were completely friendly and welcoming and they made us feel very comfortable!
The only problem was getting a sunbed in the morning - you have to get down there for 9 or they all dissappear!
We ate at the bar almost every day for lunch and a couple of times for dinner - the food was nice and very fast! The hotel itself may seem a little basic but when you are in such an amazing place as Alanya you do not need to spend lots of time in your apartment anyway!

I would recommend this hotel - friendly staff and atmosphere! I would DEFINITELY recommend going to Alanya - it is brilliant.

Room Tip: Try having a higher room - there is less noise!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Laura J
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2012

My family have just returned from this hotel and will never go back, if this was my first visit to Turkey it would have put me off the country for life. When we arrived at 5:45am on 29th June, l noticed the hotel is situated right on a busy main road, it was like being placed on the M25 ring road. The traffic was none stop 24 hours a day, sirens from the hospital across from the premises, from the police station right next door to the reception, the room we were in was as basic as you could possibly have as we could only cook with 2 small rings and nothing else to cook with. The fridge was absolutely useless as it did not keep anything cool, the milk turned in just 2 days.....I complained to my rep and said I was wanting to get moved as this was not a "family hotel" and when you have 2 teenagers with you so desperate to get home after walking around the premises you can imagine how I felt when we were told "it would not be possible to move us, and if there was anywhere else we could have been moved to we would need to pay for the new accommodation, the taxi to the new hotel & the transfer back to the airport when we were returning home" needless to say there is a compaint been raised to the travel agents we booked through. If you were at the pool you could not bring down your own bottles of water, this was insisted by the manager and had to purchase theirs from the bar, and the prices varied on a regular basis. The manager would sit up in the restaurant area scrutinising everything the staff were doing, making sure no-one took anything out to the pool that wasnt sold by them. I was so desperate to get home on the 3rd day of my holiday after the family were sitting on the balcony of our room, we noticed the traffic had stopped and the police had taped all movement within the vacinity of the roundabout, my husband and I looked over to see what the dilema was and saw a white van sitting parked with it`s boot opened, within a few minutes we saw a bomb disposal personel approach a white box approximately 200 metres from our apartment with wires and a bottle crouch down towards it, walk away and then it exploded.....No-one from the hotel, police or anywhere arranged for evacuation of the hotel before this happened. If anyone is contemplating a holiday to this resort, please look everything up before you book, as this hotel is NOT a family complex, NOT a self catering premises, NOT recommended if you are looking for a relaxing or quiet holiday, and NOT the friendliest of places to visit at all.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Alanya hotels

Reviewed 4 July 2012

I visited this complex on 2 occasions as my friends were staying there ( I had to stay in a different location due to lack of space at Green Park Apart Hotel ). On both occasions staff gladly took my money for snacks, pool side drinks, ice cream for the children and even for the very average meal from the not so A La Carte menu plus the evening drinks after dinner. On both occasions, I did enter my friends apt to change into suitable attire but did not stay overnight as I had my own accommodation. On my 3rd & final visit I was greeted by a short, fat, grotesque manager screaming and pounding the reception desk with his fist. Apparently, I had to ask permission to enter the complex and this was his reason for his tantrum. Although I offered an apology, showed my room key for my own accommodation and pleaded ignorance to the fact he continued with his rant. When I wouldn't surrender my passport he threatened to call the police... I didn't think the police in any country charge people with possession of local currency with the intent of spending it!.... I wasn't even trying to gain access to the place.
My friend had discussions with various members of staff who apparently despise not only his management style but his discourteous manner with guests....on the very same day, he was aggressive with another guest at reception because he didn't recognise him.... The poor guest had to phone his girlfriend who was poolside to come and vouch for him as he was not allowed entry to get her himself. I'm all for security, but there are far more pleasant ways of speaking to
people. My point was... Why not point the issue out to me on visit 1 or even visit 2 as he had been monitoring me? Seems to me that he must need a holiday himself.... Or Valium at least. There are plenty of places to choose from besides his poxy little domain.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank tarbz92
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alanya
Kleopatra Ramira Hotel
#23 of 371 in Alanya
Park Hotel Alanya
Park Hotel Alanya
#16 of 118 in Alanya

Been to Green Park Apart Hotel? Share your experiences!