“Gorgeous hotel.... Only a few small complaints!”

Diamond Hill Resort & Spa
Ranked #20 of 371 Hotels in Alanya
Manchester
“Gorgeous hotel.... Only a few small complaints!”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Ok so this will be a long one as I like to tell you about everything. Good and bad!

LOCATION (4 out of 10) = Quite far out. A good hours walk to Alanya centre. 15 mins in a car. The hotel is actually situated in Tosmur which is IN Alanya but not in Alanya centre like i was sold. Taxi costs 25-30tl to the town centre where all the shops/bars/ markets and entertainment is / are. Or you can get the bus costing 2tl.

If you want to book any days out or excursions then I would advise you use ALBERT. He is situated in front of the tunnel to the hotel beach. He doesn't rip you off and is really friendly. We went on the pirate ship (all day), aqua park (all day) and quad biking (morning) with him all less than £60 each!!
Don't be fooled by the rep who charges double what Albert charges yet uses the same boats and stuff!!!

RECEPTION / LOBBY (6 out of 10) = Friendly staff and problems sorted immediately. Plenty of seating. It's just a shame the reception staff can't speak English! If you have any problems see the guest relations manager.... He's a real asset to the hotel!

WIFI (7 out of 10) = Slow. The wifi is quite slow but at least you can still use it. Mainly in the lobby. We managed to get wifi in our room but only in the bathroom haha!

ROOMS (10 out of 10) = Lovely. Comfortable, nice sized and very modern with hair dryer, tv, air con, balcony with table & chairs etc! Lots of lighting. New beds with memory foam mattresses. Not too noisy either because the rooms are carpeted so there's no scraping or chairs and flip flopping of shoes in rooms above like usual. Maids come in every day and tidy up for you and change your towels.
*TIP* ask for a 10th floor room! It's too high up for the noise of the disco, lobby or hustle and bustle. And the views are out of this world! We stayed in room 1001. Great sea view!

CLEANLINESS (10 out of 10) = Spotless. I can not fault the cleanliness of this hotel. Rooms, lobby, toilets, pool area, restaurant.... All sparkling clean.

POOLS (9 out of 10) = Great! We went in May and the pool was freezing cold but your body gets used to it. Plenty of sunbeds and if you can't find one there's a pool man who will find you some! The pool area gets the sun all day long and the animation team play music during the day! Could do with a bit of fun music, chart stuff like. They do entertainment during the day like aqua gym and water polo but nobody seemed to get involved as it was early season. Water slides come on after lunch which are good fun for about 10 minutes haha but great for kids. Pool bar serves all alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks and serves salad and breads at lunch time. Also an ice cream cart for 2 hours a day! (Be prepared for a 25 minute queue for Ice cream!)

ANIMATION/ENTERTAINMENT (8 out of 10) = they try. Considering this is a 5* hotel you would expect them to fork out and pay for decent evening entertainment like turkish shows and singers, magic shows and acts etc.... But nope... Kids disco until about 9.40pm and then usually an adult disco until midnight consisting of cheesy music and everyone just sat about, not speaking & falling asleep. They did bingo one night and wanted 20tl (£6) for ONE ticket. Not a strip.... A ticket!!! Pshhhhh! Yeah right pull the other one! Haha
We never got asked once if we wanted to join in with any of the day time activities..... It was mainly the groups of stunning girls who were flaunting themselves round the pool who got all the attention!

THE SPA = I didn't use the spa just because I was disgusted with the prices! They offered us a massage for £40 and then the next day forgot what price they had told us and offered us the same package for £25!!! It's all about money money money!
The indoor pool and the turkish bath are in the spa sooooo just go in and use them if you want and don't be pressured in to buying anything! Don't forget to get your free 15 min massage! (We forgot!!)

HOTEL SHOPS = the clothes and gift shop are quite reasonably priced. Only a few lira different to the main shops in alanya however the little supermarket shop is a proper rip off!!!! Don't use it. Nip out to the shops on the front!

BEACH / BEACH BAR (8 out of 10) = Not as luxurious as the brochure says!!!! The beach is about 5 minute walk from the hotel, if that. There is a bridge near the pool that leads over the main road and then a lift down to the street. You then walk up a side street towards a tunnel (where you'll find Albert and his team) and under the tunnel you turn left and you'll see the beach Bar. The sea is lovely but the sand / shingle really hurts your feet. The beach is full of little stones which really start to hurt especially where the tide comes in. Also the majority of the sunbeds are almost vertical because there is a slope / drop on the beach to get to the sea. Not very comfortable. The bar only serves beer and soft drinks and serves food during the afternoon (burgers, flat breads, salad, hotdogs, chips, pasta). I would advise going here for your lunch as the food in the restaurant is appalling!!!!

RESTAURANT / FOOD (2 out of 10) = Disgusting. Repetitive. Not 5*.
My only flaw really with the hotel is the restaurant. Don't get me wrong it's very clean and always plenty of tables but the food is just a mess.
Every day of our 10 day holiday we had the SAME menu and I am not exaggerating. If you are a fussy eater I would seriously recommend taking extra money with you to eat out. There's plenty of salads and fruits and breads but the main meals..... Just not 5*. Every day was grilled chicken, chips, some kind of fish, sautéed vegetables, steamed vegetables, vegetable gratin, vegetable vegetable vegetable and then maybe a stew made with veal or turkey with rice. All looked like dog sick and was pretty much tasteless. The meals above are served in the afternoon and evening. Same old same old. Lots of great looking deserts all shapes and sizes and colours..... But all taste the same! We was both really disappointed. This is an international hotel which means the food is not going to be all English but they should at least try and cater for each nationality. The only things the English got was chips!!! Maybe rice! Oh and boring salad!! One night we turned up at 8.15pm (doesn't close till 9pm) and there was no food left! I asked the chefs where was the food and he said "Finnished!!" Managed some bread and butter with cheese and some cucumber which was actually for garnishing/display!
I've stayed in a 3* slum in Ibiza with better food than this!!

INTERNATIONALS = RUDE! I found the none English people to be so rude. Pushing in front of you in queues. Won't move for you to pass. Rushing to get to the restaurant meals before anyone else piling their plates high. Use the lifts to go up one floor. Reserving sunbeds with towels at 9am then going back to bed till gone lunch time...... Very annoying. Mainly Russians. Different ways of living I guess!

Would I go back to the hotel??? Yes! I would!

My only real complaints are the food and the location!

• Stayed May 2014
7 Thank bubbles8484

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Szczecin, Poland
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Really modern hotel, place 10 minuts from centre of city. Food is delicious, a lot of vegetables, choose of meats and fishes. Everyone will find something good. Stuff is very welcoming, friendly, always will help You. Private beach with food, You can't wish for more. I will be back soon!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We have just returned from our holiday at the Diamond Hill Resort Hotel in Alanya and have had the best time. The hotel is a long transfer from the airport (2 1/4 hours) but that is pretty much the only gripe about it. The views from your room towards the mountains behind and to the sea in front are quite magnificent. A view you must take is from the roof top terrace which gives you a panoramic view of the surrounding area out towards the peninsular in Alanya.
A major plus for the hotel is the guest relations manager Cenap who is a true gent, who is more than happy to deal with every and any issue you may have, even if it's not hotel related.
Would we stay here again? Yes.
We did have an issue with the transfer from the airport to the hotel which obviously is not a fault of the hotel but in my opinion a problem that Broadway Travel need to address but up to now seem only to want to blame on A2B Travel, the fact that Broadway instruct you to go to a desk that is closed and to ask for a transfer company that none of the desk agents had heard of to me seems only to be one companies fault. We eventually found the correct desk but only after being lucky to find a Turkish agent who could speak reasonably good broken english. Without this man i'm sure we'd still be looking now.
Anyway all in all we had a great stay at Diamond Hill and would definitely recommend it to anybody.

Room Tip: if you want a quiet stay ask for a room above reception we stayed in 301, but if you want great view...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sicooper68
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We booked with Broadway travel and they sold us false expectations of this holiday, I will mention about our transfer with A-B transfers on here as it may prevent others booking with the, I would never ever book with broadway or A-B again

Good points of the hotel - all areas were very well kept and clean and tidy
- lovely pool
- housekeeping were great

now the bad points (granted most of these are let downs of things that broadway had promised us the hotel had-

We were then given our rooms. My dad has bad legs and I said at the time of booking we needed a low room. He was granted a room on the 9th Floor. When we checked in I asked for a lower room and he said not possible. We left it as the hotel had 3 lifts and then on day 3 disaster struck. For the day all the lifts were broken and my father could not access his room. This is not acceptable. I asked for a lower room again and yet again I was told no!! It was fine for my husband and I as we could take the stairs but my Dad could not possibly manage them

My room I was told when I booked as part of the package it was sea view and it was not. The view was residential houses. This was advertised to us

When booking we were promised a 20 minuet free massage each this was advertised. When we went to book this we were told it was 10 minuets and only if we booked another £55 treatment

The most frustrating thing for myself and my husband was that the reason we booked with you and this trip is because we were told that it was ultra all inclusive with branded alcohol. We would have booked with Thomas cook as we usually do but we thought because of this we would give yourselves a try. You can imagine our disappointment when we were told in fact that is not ultra all inclusive or branded alcohol and if we wanted brands then we would have to pay 6euro per drink! Again this was falsely advertised to us.

I agree that the staff do not offer the same service to us brits as other nationalities, we were used to waiting to get served for up to 15 minuets at the bar and we would get completely blanked whilst Russians were walking up next to us and getting served right away after we had been waiting all that time, this was a regular thing

We did have some problems with people at the reception understanding us, we wanted to know what time we had to check out the next day and we were told either 12, 1 or 3!!! No one could give us a straight answer

I have to also mention the diabolical transfer. we arrived around midnight or just after, When we found our coach there was an argument with the driver and someone else. He did not want to take us as he did not know the way but he was made to. He then proceeded to get lost so he went to pick up someone else. He did not know the way wither! In all our transfer took over 3.5 hours and we only found it as some other guests shouted when they saw the hotel. We were first drop off and this really was not a good start.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank emma h
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from the Diamond Hill, and we had a great time. We paid £300 each for the week, an absolute bargain for all inclusive.

Let's get one thing straight, this is a review of the hotel. If people want to moan about guests from other countries, or transfers, don't blame the hotel! It's not their fault, instead do a review of A2B Transfers, Broadway Travel, or the Russian public! It seems to me some people (usually English) are never happy unless they have something to complain about. If you don't want to hear Muslim call to prayers (which we very rarely heard by the way) then don't go to a Muslim country. Some of the gripes I've read about are unbelievable.

The hotel is very clean, the room was lovely, and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
I'm vegetarian, but found plenty of choices in the restaurant to keep me happy. There were plenty of choices for flesh eaters too, my partner is a carnivore and enjoyed the food too, so ignore the rubbish written on here which says otherwise. There were plenty of dishes available to have some variety every day.

We spent every day on the beach, the beach bar was very good and we enjoyed every day down there.
Some good advice would be to take some beach (surfing) shoes to avoid the stones as you go into the sea, if that bothers you. But the sand was really nice, grainy too, so it doesn't stick to you.

We booked a Turkish Bath trip with Albert (on the way to the beach), a very friendly and lovely guy, with cheap deals on excursions, we would definitely recommend using him.

It is quite a long transfer to the hotel from the airport, so take your iPad or a good book, and relax.

You're supposed to be on holiday, so relax, chill out and enjoy it.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank philsams
Chester
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I must agree with people posting comments about most Russians being very rude, pushing in and getting priority treatment, but if you can get over it, which might not be easy, you will have a great holiday! The staff was great, friendly and polite (excluding holiday rep who pretty much refused to help us cause we didn't come to welcome meeting!), animators were spot on! Hotel entertainment in general was all you would like it to be, both for kids and adults. Poolside was superb. Food was repetitive, but freshly prepared and served most of the day. The cocktails were 'hitty and missy', depending who was working behind the bar that time. Most of cocktails were based on diluted squash not fruit juices, so we stuck to the ones with coke or mojitos, beer was good too;). The hotel itself was clean, modern, it was a bit out of Alanya, but we didn't mind - it was a walk to the harbor (just over an hour) down a lovely promenade and if you didn't fancy walking, it was just 2 lira per person on the bus or 20 in a taxi. Overall, we were happy with our holiday. A tip - book a'la carte as soon as you can, we didn't manage to get the table as we left it a bit late. It was a shame, other guests told us they loved it!

Room Tip: Try to get one close to the lift just by the entrance, it was barely used while the other ones were...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Anuha
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This trip was booked at a very good budget price with Broadway Travel and myself and my friend had already decided that it was a good deal, irrespective of any problems/disappointments we may incur. It was booked as a taster for our first visit to Turkey. The only really negative comment I would make is that A2B transfer agents are pretty abysmal and Broadway Travel may not be aware of how their clients have been so frustrated and disappointed with their poor service. Having visited other parts of the world and using A2B transfers previously without any problems whatsoever, I am of the opinion it must be just in Antalya?

However, the hotel was very good, the food was varied and as far as we are concerned, something for everybody. Two days of very bad weather, rain and cloud meant the hotel was packed throughout the lounges etc., with guests and had quite an impact on the staff in all disciplines, but they managed the best they could in the circumstances.

The Receptionists although very helpful and obliging as possible, were obviously struggling to understand the English guests which meant some confusion on both sides. More emphasis on English customer relations would be most beneficial. Without the wonderful, patient and helpful guidance received from their in-house customer service guy affectionately nicknamed "Chin-Up" this hotel would have serious guest problem issues. He went over and above his role to help us on so many occasions and refused any goodwill gesture of appreciation as he said 'this is my role to help you as the guest and to make your say here as pleasant as possible'.

Albert of Sandy Tours which is based on the entrance to the private beach of the hotel, was the best agent to book with. He was so helpful and his prices were very competitive. We had a problem caused by another guest which resulted in us going on the wrong trip for the day. Albert simply took this on board and offered us the original trip free of charge, which we accepted. Highly recommended and prevents having to look anywhere else.

Overall, although one could go into chapter and verse about various other matters (negative and/or positive) for what we paid, we got real value for money and wouldn't hesitate to go back to this resort and hotel at a similar price. The staff were hard working and polite, the hotel was kept very clean, the food was very good, the drinks great, so what else could one want for the price. Perhaps it would have been better without the rudeness and bad manners of some of the other 'nationalities' but it's just best to try and ignore them. At the end of the day, some guests will always think their glass is half empty, but a holiday is what you make it and look on the bright side rather than concentrating on what if's!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends