“Brilliant stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 368 Hotels in Alanya
Chester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

Hi, we went to this hotel a couple of years ago, I was very quiet, relaxed and a good color, as I'm a red head, it's hard to get a good tan. My husband could not understand why I was like this, he thought I was ill, no! I was comfortable, the food was delicious and was very happy with everything and everybody around me, I never moaned once. I even swam with dolphins one of the most faved things. Now I tick that one of my list.

We are going again in June 2013 and I cannot wait, already booked airport lounge to start it all off.

Room Tip: The sea view is excellent
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gill M
grandokan, General Manager at Grand Okan, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Good Afternoon Gill M.

Thankyou very much for your very positive review. We are certainly looking forward to seeing you again this year.
We aim to make this year's holiday as good as, if not better than the last, nearly all our staff are still with us, so you will have some familiar faces too.....
Till then...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Finnish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Chorley, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012

We had tried to book this hotel on a number of occasions in the past two years only to find it was always fully booked. Earlier this year we were fortunate enough at long last to place a booking for 11 nights arriving on the 21st September. we booked on line with Travel Republic who in turn booked through Jumbo Tours.
After a very long day travelling, our transport dropped us off and left us at the hotel at 1:00 am in the morning. we went to the night desk and handed over our Confirmation Accommodation booking voucher to the clerk, who after several minutes checking through files informed us that they had no booking for us and we had to leave. We told him that was not possible because he clearly had in his hand our confirmation. He produced a piece of paper from a file and pointed to some very small print (about 4 font) on the bottom which he informed us was instruction to send us to another hotel. He refused to provide me with a copy of this document and very abruptly called for a taxi and said he would give the driver instructions as to where to take us. We asked to speak to the manager but he refused and practically pushed us out of the hotel.
As you can imagine at that time of the morning this anticipated dream holiday had turned into the holiday nightmare we were not expecting. Clearly they had overbooked the room or rooms and the only member of staff we had contact with was rude, abusive, totally unhelpful and a disgrace to the industry. Needless to say we will not be returning to this hotel and would warn anyone booking to make every endeavour to ensure there booking is going to be accepted.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BaKerry
Good Afternoon BaKerry,

Thankyou very much for takıng the time to write a review.
First of all, I would like to inform you that the overbooking occured from Jumbo Tours and their incoming agent Meeting Point and not from us. We are very busy at the time of year you booked your holiday, but we were informed by your agent to send you to another hotel, I stress this was NOT our fault. I would however, like to apologise for your treatment upon arrival, the receptionist should have handled the situation with more care. He is no longer with us, so I am unable to ask him to apologise in person.
Should you think about visiting Alanya again, I would personally like to invite you to The Grand Okan Hotel so that you will be able to see and sample our service. Please contact me directly by mail, amanda@grandokan.com so that we can arrange this.
I thank you for your comments, as all feed back is used in further training.
Hoping to hear from you in the near future..

Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

The Hotel was 'highly recommended' to us, so much so that when we tried to book on 3 separate occasions it was always fully booked! Well the wait was worth it, we have recently spend 2 weeks at the Grand Okan and it was excellent. Our room was very comfortable, cleaned to a very high standard, and wow what a view from our room. The food is 1st class, lots of choices, buffet style which is ideal for me as I have a special diet. Any future trips to Alanya, the Grand Okan will definately be our first choice.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 790Sue
grandokan, General Manager at Grand Okan, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Good Morning 790Sue,

Thankyou very much for your lovely comments. We are very happy that we were able to, eventually, make your holidays just right !
We are also honoured to hear that you would choose us again for your next stay in Alanya.
Looking forward to seeing you again in the very near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

Travelled to grand okan in July 2012 with my partner, my 2 children aged 8 and 2, both my parents and my 2 brothers. This is the third time I have been and it just keeps getting better and better.for my family and I now this hotel is our second home :) I can honestly say I would recommend this hotel to anybody looking to spend their vacation in a warm, friendly environment . It honestly is SUPERB!! Bec

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Rae113
Good Afternoon Rae113,

Thankyou very much for your comments, it's great to know we are doing something right. You are, of course a very big part of The Grand Okan Hotel family now too.
Looking forward to seeing you very soon....

Dumfries, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

Sunset views from the balcony that will stay with you for life!!!
Rooms spotless and the best room service i have ever had.
So much choice on food, you need bigger plates to try it all ;-).
Staff are very hard working, friendly, and cant do enough to help you.
2 min walk to a beautiful clean beach to.
Lunch time food was amazing too and those chicken wraps were that nice i lived off them for a week (could you deliver me one back to the UK please ;-))
This was my first trip trip to Turkey and it will not be my last, but i would be stupid to stay in any other hotel. You cant improve on perfection!!!!
Thank you Amanda and your wonderful staff for making us part of your family and we will see you again soon

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jo J
Good Afternoon Jo J,

Thankyou so much for your lovely comments about the hotel.
I am very pleased to see that your first trip to Turkey..will not be the last, and that we had a little to do with this. I pride myself on my hardworking team and I am happy to say that most of our staff have been with us for many years.
Looking forward to seeing you very soon...until then, take care

Frederiksberg, Vestsjalland, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

I have been quest in Grand Okan 5 or 6 times allways for 4 weeks in december and i like this hotel very much ! Why ? Let me start wih the staff ! The english manager - Amanda - is a very nice person ! She is here and there -

I have been quest in Grand Okan 5 - 6 times allways for 4 weeks in december and i like this hotel very much ! Why ? Let me start with the staff ! The english manager - Amanda - is a very nice person ! She is here and there, allways helpfull ! Do you have an problem - come to my office ! And Amanda`s staff, which i have met many times before - waiters, cleaning personal are all nice and friendly ! Room and bathroom are allways clean ! Grand Okan have an intenational standard with many quests from different countries - so of course the food have same standard to satisfy so many different people !
Amanda - i will be back again !
Svend Aage Klein - Denmark-

allways helpfull ! Do you have a problem ! Come into my office ! And Amanda`s staff, which i have know for severel years,waiters, cleaning personel are all nice and friendly ! Room and bathroom are allways clean and nice ! The hotel have a international standard with quests from many different countries, why of cource the food have the same standard ! Amanda - i will be back again !
Svend Aage Klein - Denmark.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Good Afternoon Svend Aage K,

Thankyou very much for your glowing remarks.
We are looking forward to seeing you in the very near future !
Northwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

I stayed here last week and can thoroughly recommend it. The room was well appointed, comfortable bed, spotlessly clean bathroom and lovely balcony with perfect sunset watching view. The breakfast buffet was varied and regularly refreshed. All the staff I encountered were cheerful and willing to help. Would be happy to recommend and revisit.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
grandokan, General Manager at Grand Okan, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Good Morning Jill J,

Thankyou very much for your lovely remarks and recommendation for future guests. We are always happy to learn that our efforts are rewarded with satisfied guests.
Looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Alanya.