“First Class service.”
Review of Grand Okan

Grand Okan
Ranked #21 of 373 Hotels in Alanya
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We visited the Grand Okan last week from 2nd July. I've visited a few times and it's genuinely got better each time. Got a gorgeous sea view room, which was very clean indeed, really comfy firm mattresses, decent shower and air conditioning as it was very hot! The restaurant is excellent. Great selection at breakfast and the hot meals at dinner time were piping hot- a favourite of mine was the roast beef and the Turkish nights are always a lot of fun. Special mention to Nazrim for looking after us- always remembered my coffee and when I wanted it. The beach is very close and we went on some great trips- the Dim River is gorgeous as is Sapadere Canyon. I also went on a horse riding trek. I didn't do the white water rafting this time around but that's always a great trip too. Above all I'd like to thank Amanda. My partner had a few problems like prickly heat and she scoured the shops looking for the treatment for us, and on the last day he was very ill and she looked after us brilliantly. First class service, as always. I'll be back! It will be even better once they open Gazipasa airport to the UK- would reduce the transfer to half an hour!

Room Tip: If you've paid for a sea view- the higher the better!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank emjay1970
There are newer reviews for Grand Okan

Reviewed 3 July 2014

First of all thanks a lot to the team of Grand Okan for making our stay memorable.Special thanks to Miss.Amanda(GM) who ensured that we get the sea view room.This has really made our first wedding anniversary an unforgettable moment in our life.As I am also from hospitality background,I am very much particular about the service rendered by the team to the guest.

Really appreciate the service given by few staffs though the were not fluent in English.As we could see most of the guests are foreigners my humble suggestion to the management is to train the staff with English to avoid confusion and make guests feel more homely.
Internet was sometimes not working though it did not affect that much as we were out most of the time.The restaurant staffs were gentle and polite.Special thanks to all the Chefs,kitchen staff,room service staff for wonderful breakfast,lunch and dinner.
Really enjoyed the pool bar in the evenings.Special thanks to animators Benjy and Smiley for the great entertainments.Reception staffs were ready at service as and when required.

Last but not the least a great hotel with great staff with great service.Management should be proud of their team.They are a great asset.I am recommending this hotel.

Hoping to see you guys soon.We will definitely be back for the next holiday.Thank you once again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I don't really have much to complain about except - probably the worst internet of any hotel I have stayed at in the last few years, it was non existent for four days of seven. Even though rooms are double glazed they don't seem to help with the outside noise. Last negative, reception staff seem to be helpful until given ones room, stops there. Although, not all fall into this bracket.
Pluses, they far outweigh the negatives. Nice rooms and bathrooms. I ate out most evenings but when eating in I enjoyed the food. Good staff generally. Very close to the beach and not expensive hiring sunbed for the day. A short walk or bus trip to the center. Prices in the hotel were reasonable for drinks at the bar, 2 happy hours, the earlier one for cocktails and the later one on everything.
Would I stay again, yes? Would I visit Alanya again, tricky? For the sun, beach and hotel, a definite yes. Alanya and the amount of fake goods, the amount of stall holders bothering you would be the two reasons why I would not want to go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank catch222
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a week and had an amazing holiday, located in a very good spot with loads to do nearby. Two negatives, while the hotel itself was lovely two members of reception staff 'IHSAN' and 'MEHMET' were so rude and unhelpful. They were selective of which guests to be nice to, would make comments in Turkish and were just generally rude. The other negative is the rooms have mini bars which charge quite a bit for drinks that can be found much cheaper outside as well as this no food and drink from outside allowed into the hotel, and some very bizzare rules around this. Other than that good hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a pool view room, land view rooms face a busy main road which gets noisey
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Ok let's begin , I have just returned home from my 9th stay in this fantastic hotel . I have an extremely large family , all of which call this hotel HOME !!!! The minute you arrive there ( YOU FEEL WELCOME ) !!! The hotel is immaculate , the food is wonderful and the ambiance of the place is amazing !!! I would not spend my hard earned money anywhere else , as many years ago ( I FOUND PERFECTION ) !!! Go to this hotel and you will not be disappointed , I can assure you of that . Please feel free to contact me , if you have any questions .

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank jeanetteWoking
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We have just returned from our 4th trip to Alanya and first time stay at The Gran Okan !!! This Hotel is just awesome ! As soon as we arrived which was in the early hours of the morning , check in was a very pleasant experience , we were greeted with courtsey and smiles , refreshments offered if required despite the unearthly hour and we were in our room very quickly , shown how to operate the A/C .. TV Safe , etc . The rooms ares lovely , spotlessly clean , with everything you require... We stayed over looking the beach , we never tired of the views and did not find it over noisy at all ! The ambience of the Hotel is very warm and welcoming , ALL the staff we found to be very friendly and lovely , nothing is ever too much trouble . At the time of our stay we were the only English residents which suited us perfectly ...so if you are looking for typical pub grub and all things English jet off to Spain.. we had the most wonderful experience... The food selection and quality was excellent ! All the food was FRESH and even the fussiest of diners would find a dish they liked from the huge selection for breakfast and evening meal ... The restaurant manager was always present and his attention to detail and standards were second to none ! Having seen some previous negative reviews we can only say they must have been the tourists from Hell , never satisfied .... lifes complainers.... Amanda the English Hotel Manager is the most wonderful person... warm, friendly and you feel like you have known her forever ... we knew if we ever had any kind of problem which we didn't you would be safe ij the knowledge it would be attended to immediately. The Hotel beach section is like paradise... the beach is spotless , with walkways , a lovely beach hut for meals and drinks ... attentive staff , beach activities toilet facilities etc... the views from the beach are breathtaking ... and the beach is lierally just accross a quiet road .... We found a gem of a Hotel here , and we will not be staying anywhere else in future , and we are already planning our next vacation here hopefully at Christmas ... We met so many wonderful people here , The Hotel has regular entertainment in the evenings , and a good time was had by all.... The pool area and bar is spotless , plenty of sunbeds , parasols , a swimup bar etc... a Hairdressing salon is on the lower ground floor too ! We met some wonderful people , and the whole holiday was just amazing ..... Can't wait to return and a big thank you to everyone for such wonderful friendship and hospitality

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor with sea view ... what a way to start the day !
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy B
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Very clean, rooms nice but a bit small and not much storage, lovely location sea view great
But noise from loud music not good if you want to sleep before 12.30
Breakfast nice, but evening meals not great, better to eat out.
Overall good holiday, but if you like having some other British to talk to not many about in
Alanya.

Room Tip: 3rd floor or higher for a good sea view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple