“Best holiday”

Grand Okan
Ranked #17 of 368 Hotels in Alanya
“Best holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

This was my fourth stay at the grand okan with my 3children and my partner and once again we had an amazing time.the staff are just amazing! So friendly,helpful and very attentive to my children.perfectly dressed and smell lovely with the perfume/aftershave that they wear.always have a smile on their face :). The hotel manager just gets better and better each year we come to the grand okan, we did not want or need for anything.Our room was kept spotless by the maids.each day we would look forward to going up to our room to see what the maids had made out of our bed sheets ( even the baby's cot) lovely. The food was so tasty and lots to choose from.highly recommend this hotel to everyone.whenever I come to this hotel I never want to leave. I like to call it 'home'

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Rae113

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Finnish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

It was my first time in Turkey and I have to say it couldn't have been better!
As we flew into Gazipasa airport it was a 40 minute drive to the hotel, as opposed to flying to Antalya and having a 2 hour transfer!!
I had a gorgeous sea view room, comfy beds and air conditioning which was a life saver in the heat! Breakfast had a great selection and dinner was amazing! While at the hotel we saw 3 Turkish Night's and all 3 were brilliant!
As the beach was only across the road we spent a lot of time there and at Green Beach Restaurant!
Staff were amazing, special thank you to Zihni, Zafer, Sevki, Emre and Muharrem.
Amanda, the hotel manager, was an absolute gem! Very easy to talk to and was happy to sort out any problems we had!
Cannot wait to come back next year!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We didn't originally plan on staying at this hotel. However, due to our holiday company completely messing up we were fortunate enough to be given this hotel. Even though our stay was brief, it was a pleasurable one. The food was of good quality, the rooms were very nicely furnished and comfortable and the staff (even though some struggled with English) tried their best in helping us out throughout our stay.
One thing that I must mention about this hotel is that the hotel manager, Amanda, was a god send and she single handedly sorted out our holiday issues and managed to find the hotel that we were supposed to be staying at in the first place.
The only down side that I would mention, and this doesn't relate to the hotel but the area in general. I wouldn't advise travelling here if you do not have a good grasp of either Turkish, German or a Scandinavian language as not many people speak English in Alanya.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Louise T
ENGLAND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I am writing this review after 2 week return trip to the Grand Okan having first visited the hotel just before the renovation. Like always I read the reviews before booking and would like to tell visiters about my visit. I decided to rebook the holiday and take my mum with me...some say this was brave...firstly having read the last reviews written..I would like to say from the beginning ?......

THE RECEPTION STAFF...All the staff including "MEHMET" and "ISAN" Were a delight to speak to and could not have been more helpful than they were...in fact "MEHMET" helped me on various occations with directions and maps...infact all the reception staff were great....10 out of 10.

THE ANIMATON TEAM..."SMILEY" and "BENNY" The Hotels resident DJ and Compaire...? They were just fantastic and went out of thier way to make everyone's holiday a pleasurable one. They were just great with all the nationalities of people staying at the hotel....10 out of 10.

THE CLEANER of our rooms. She was a pure joy could not speak a lot English. But she tried that went a long way with myself, partner and mum. Our room was cleaned to a high degree having stayed in many hotels around the world ...service was second to none...great. 10 out of 10

THE ROOMS. Having stayed at the GRAND OKAN before and after the renovation the rooms were upgraded to a very respectable level with all the luxuries you like to have away from home..having a sea view balcolny, the view of the sea, and the rocky outcrop with Alanya Castle on top of it were Fantastic. The AIR CONDITIONER worked really well keeping the room cool. There was a safe in the room which for a small fee all your stuff is kept safe
The shower room was clean with no broken tiles and was super clean....Great ? 10 out of 10.

THE BEACH STAFF. Found the people whom work down on the beach very coutieous and willing to bring you items from the beach cafe without quibble or protest...really nice..10 out of 10.

THE WAITERS. I found all of them to be courtieous and pleasent to deal with....talk to them with civility and remember not everyone in Turkey speaks English or your native language so it is a bit of a two way street. In the whole time of our stay I did not find any of the hotel staff to be rude or condesending in any way whatsoever.NO mean feat with so many nationalities staying at the hotel. All were very nice at all times....fantastic...10 out of 10.

THE GENERAL MANAGER., AMANDA...What a loverly person, she is always there to help. Has a loverly demeanoer about herself and is always approacable should you have any problems. It was nice to just have a general chat with her about our holiday.....loverly 10 out of 10.

THE FOOD, Probally the most spoke about in the reviews...welll......
BREAKFAST, ALWAYS plenty to eat, the hotels caters for all tastes and you would be hard prested to find something that was not to your taste, there was always a chef cooking Omletes, pancakes freshly in front of you, you cannot beat that....?
DINNER, What a selection...once again you would be hard pressed not to find something that you did not like, there were theme nights like a turkish night and the dinner was part of this, I must admit that there was always plenty of variety in all aspects of the dinner presentations.
The cakes were spectacular and variety was second to none.....fantastic, 10 out of 10.

By this time with the scores I have given you would think either I own the place or got shares in it...but NO this my honest opinion about the GRAND OKAN. I FIND some of the reviews written to contain some interesting quotes...in the two times I had stayed at the GRAND OKAN I have found no real evidence of what was written. Also I must say I found the Turkish people to be friendly and warming and made many friends there in the hotel and in the shops.
BOTTOM LINE HERE....Will be booking for a return trip around August next year because we were all impressed with the service and quality
BOOK THIS HOTEL YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT........THE FANTASTIC GRAND OKAN......GREAT

Room Tip: For my preference 5th floor with sea view but that said the mountain view side of hotel is also spec...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CHRISTOPHER A
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We visited the Grand Okan last week from 2nd July. I've visited a few times and it's genuinely got better each time. Got a gorgeous sea view room, which was very clean indeed, really comfy firm mattresses, decent shower and air conditioning as it was very hot! The restaurant is excellent. Great selection at breakfast and the hot meals at dinner time were piping hot- a favourite of mine was the roast beef and the Turkish nights are always a lot of fun. Special mention to Nazrim for looking after us- always remembered my coffee and when I wanted it. The beach is very close and we went on some great trips- the Dim River is gorgeous as is Sapadere Canyon. I also went on a horse riding trek. I didn't do the white water rafting this time around but that's always a great trip too. Above all I'd like to thank Amanda. My partner had a few problems like prickly heat and she scoured the shops looking for the treatment for us, and on the last day he was very ill and she looked after us brilliantly. First class service, as always. I'll be back! It will be even better once they open Gazipasa airport to the UK- would reduce the transfer to half an hour!

Room Tip: If you've paid for a sea view- the higher the better!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank emjay1970
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

First of all thanks a lot to the team of Grand Okan for making our stay memorable.Special thanks to Miss.Amanda(GM) who ensured that we get the sea view room.This has really made our first wedding anniversary an unforgettable moment in our life.As I am also from hospitality background,I am very much particular about the service rendered by the team to the guest.

Really appreciate the service given by few staffs though the were not fluent in English.As we could see most of the guests are foreigners my humble suggestion to the management is to train the staff with English to avoid confusion and make guests feel more homely.
Internet was sometimes not working though it did not affect that much as we were out most of the time.The restaurant staffs were gentle and polite.Special thanks to all the Chefs,kitchen staff,room service staff for wonderful breakfast,lunch and dinner.
Really enjoyed the pool bar in the evenings.Special thanks to animators Benjy and Smiley for the great entertainments.Reception staffs were ready at service as and when required.

Last but not the least a great hotel with great staff with great service.Management should be proud of their team.They are a great asset.I am recommending this hotel.

Hoping to see you guys soon.We will definitely be back for the next holiday.Thank you once again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
birmingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I don't really have much to complain about except - probably the worst internet of any hotel I have stayed at in the last few years, it was non existent for four days of seven. Even though rooms are double glazed they don't seem to help with the outside noise. Last negative, reception staff seem to be helpful until given ones room, stops there. Although, not all fall into this bracket.
Pluses, they far outweigh the negatives. Nice rooms and bathrooms. I ate out most evenings but when eating in I enjoyed the food. Good staff generally. Very close to the beach and not expensive hiring sunbed for the day. A short walk or bus trip to the center. Prices in the hotel were reasonable for drinks at the bar, 2 happy hours, the earlier one for cocktails and the later one on everything.
Would I stay again, yes? Would I visit Alanya again, tricky? For the sun, beach and hotel, a definite yes. Alanya and the amount of fake goods, the amount of stall holders bothering you would be the two reasons why I would not want to go back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo