“great Holiday !”

Ranked #9 of 118 Alanya B&B and Inns
Manama, Bahrain
“great Holiday !”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I stayed in Miray with my Mum & aunt. We were surprised by the hotel. It was clean with a small pool( we didnt try it cause we prefered sea).Location was good but still if U need to go to nightclubs or centre of the city U should take bus or taxi. Breakfast was pretty much the same:cereals,few kinds of cheese, omlette.Dinner was really good with few kinds of fruits.From our room we had view of the pool & sea. Towels & proper cleaning were done after leaving tips otherwise they didnt change our towels for 3 days.Kitchen staff & waiters were nice & friendly, joking all the time. receptionists were fine till we got some incident:at 4.30am I got a call saying that we were making some noise in the room.I told him I was staying with two old ladies & they were sleeping.he was still insisting that it was our room. Next day I reminded him & after he said sorry for that.For me its a big deal...Still I recommend this hotel to stay.Anyways most of the time U gonna spend on the beach & outdoors.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank nataly t

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Czech first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I went last year with a few uni friends and found that to my surprise I was really impressed with the hotel. It was perfectly clean, friendly staff and in a really great location! I want to go back. The only thing that I would say is that the beds are rather uncomfortable but I for the price I am not going to complain about that!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Miss_h0liday
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Serious lack of kindness is something very notable in the whole area. So why Miray Hotel would be different? This was quite shocking.
English is not a language spoken among stuff with confidence. But they speak German like they were born there.
Make sure to request change of towels on a daily base, as you might end up with dirty ones for a few days!
Breakfast, as any other hotels....quite good
Dinner.....seriously, don't waste time. Eat somewhere else.
Hotel is very clean and if you manage to cross the road without any injuries (be aware - danger even on a pavement) you'll find yourself on a beautiful beach (bare in mind that you have to go back over the same road to the hotel). Or if you choose not to risk your life in traffic pool is very enjoyable options. You might hear ABBA in German, or even Elvis in Turkish if you are lucky.
Personally I would not come back to Miray Hotel as there are definitely better options but I would not say do not go there. Excellent locations, clean, cheap and quiet....this is what you need.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Vanja74
London
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My boyfried & I were looking for a standard 3* hotel in a good location with just the basics; good size room, clean with breakfast... Somewhere to sleep and basically thats what we got, but at the highest standard possible for a 3* rating. The staff were very friendly and always willing to help, the buffet breakfast had a vast veriety of food (although I did think the cereal was a little stale) and the rooms were cleaned on a daily basis.

The location is excellent, as you're literally across the road from Cleoaptra Beach and literally in the centre of all the shops/Café's/Restaurants and about a 10/15minute walk from the town centre & the harbour where they have boat trips/Clubs/brs & the general night life.

The hotel swimming pool is also clean and the hotel/pool side bar food is also really nice. The pool isn't one of the biggest I have seen but you can still have a little swim in it (so please don't expect to be able to swim long laps).

All rooms have air con (at no extra cost, unlike most 3* hotels in the area) and a little telly that only shows the news in English.

All-in-all if my boyfriend I go on another budget holiday to Alanya, Turkey.... We will be sure to stay there :)

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Ellie R
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Brilliant, cheap and clean! Exactly what we were after!
All the staff are extremely friendly!
The hotel itself is a 30 second walk to the beach, a 30 second walk to Burger King, and uts on the main road, so shops are all close by. However, it is a 25-30min walk to the harbour (nightlife) and town centre.
Breakfast is decent, fresh eggs are made for you, and theres a variety of cereals, toast, crossiants etc
Wifi is available for free in the lobby only, not in the rooms, and air con is also free of charge unlike many other turkish hotels.
There are limited sea view rooms and the side view is the opposite hotels balcony.
There is also a kiddies room, table tennis and pool table.
All in all, we had zero complains and would definately recommend it for a nice clean cheap b&b

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Fm0901
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

Recently returned from an enjoyable holiday. The hotel was very clean, staff were lovely and pleasant and even though we didnt spend alot of time in the hotel they didnt treat us any different. I would stay there again without hesitation and recommend it.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank Lindsey T
Doncaster
Reviewed 16 November 2011

We stayed at the Miray on B&B basis for a week October 11 , lovely little hotel, ideal for beach and excellent shopping, great staff, room nice and big and we had balcony facing sea which was great cause when you shut the doors the room is lovely and quite, maybe a bit noisier at peak times but we did not find it a problem at all, bathroom could do with a bit of an update, for the price you pay you cant ask for more, the staff are so friendly, would certainly go back , would have liked to have seen a more varied breakfast though.

Trudy from Lincolnshire