“Mostly liked the Mola”

Ranked #325 of 372 Hotels in Alanya
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Mostly liked the Mola”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

i am going to review the hotel and not the getting there which was as usual with thomson a nightmare to be honest.
Ok 1st impressions was small family run business basic but good clean accomadation.
The mola hotel is just that small and family run ...as in the whole street is owned by a family , which to me was nice.
The rooms were basic they had 2 single beds a shower and toilet room separate , there is no Tv no fridge , you can hire a fridge at 5 euros a day and the AIR CON is 7 euros a day,ended up i didnt expect the air con charge but in july you will definitely need it ...with average night temps of 40c.
The staff Errol Orhan and ebo work tirelessly to make your stay welcoming , even the chef made me special dishes on request as i am a bit of a fussy eater, ie eggs on toast in the morning and chicken fillet burgers which are not on the menu.
The cleaning lady was an angel she always cleaned our room everyday beds were made and sheets changed every third day...towels changed on a need basis i was there 2 weeks.
There is no swimming pool at this hotel but you get the use of the pool at the bebek hotel if you want it...i preferred the sea ...very warm this time of year.
The mola is very well placed for town and beach 2 mins walk to both in opposite directions.
If you need a turkish shave or haircut i can recommend Ramis next door to the hotel...service with a smile and they have the skills too.
I can also recommend the masseuse Ali in the Bebek hotel ...he is phenomenal with backs see ya next time Ali.
So all in all a cheap budget hotel remember to factor in the air con and dont expect too much from the basic rooms and you will enjoy your stay at the mola.
I would definitely go there again and i am fussy.
Thank you all from john and barbara.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank John H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2012

we booked into the hotel ok, but the following day after returning from the beach we found our padlock had been tampered with and broken in our room. i reported it to the manager, who convinced me that it might have been us that had broken it. the padlock had been forced and the keyhole left unable to use, although i dont think it had actually been opened. i let it go, and gave the manager the benefit of the doubt.

the following day, we returned once again from the beach to find the bag had been cut open in three places, making one cut by the zip big enough to get a hand in the bag. although we dont think anything was stolen, once again i reported it to the manager, who then got aggressive with me and pushed me around, when i told him i wanted police involvement. after a big arguement, where he shouted in turkish and physically abused me, finally he passed me a phone, and told me the rep wanted to speak to me.

the rep informed me that if police are called it will cost me £100 ukp for a translator and that we would then have to leave the hotel within 24 hours, so we decided against immediately calling the police.

after a few days of being very nervous about going out, we finally called the uk to report our situation. the girl on the end of the phone told us we could be moved, but at a cost of £135 ukp, which we couldnt afford, so had to stay put. our holiday was completely ruined. we did go to the police on our last day to report the situation, but they told us they had no proof, so wouldnt even give us a crime report number, as they said so many people try to claim false insurance claims and that girls often cry rape after a night out . i informed him that we werent insured and not intending to claim from any insurance for theft, but wanted to report the Mola hotel with them, incase of any future events.

The people in the room next to us also had their bags tampered with. we have their contact details

i was absolutely disgusted by the entire experience and wish to make a formal complaint to abta and the turkish tourist board.

we were told it was a bed and breakfast, but that consisted of bread, cheese, spam, olives and a maximum of 2 cups of tea, fruit juice was an added charge and a cooked breakfast about Euro 8

several people arrived over the time we were there to find they were put into tiny box rooms with their entire family, one family opposite us had 2 adults, 2 teenage children and a baby and found themselves in a tiny room barely big enough for 2 single beds. they had a daughter with diabetes, had expressly asked for a fridge for her medication on booking, but found no fridge and were charged £130 for one weeks use of a tiny fridge worth no more than £15 in a uk junk shop. there was no fan in the rooms, even though temperatures were hitting 40c, aircon units were available but after one day we realised they didnt work, and we were still being charged £7 per day for their use.

the owner seemed to know everyone locally, and whoever gave this place a 3 star rating, was obviously well rewarded with a backhander. the hotel, if in the uk would never have any rating above a 1star

Room Tip: Do not choose this Hotel, there are alot in the area
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank symond1965

Travellers are raving about these Alanya hotels

Broadstairs Kent
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This hotel is not suitable if you have more then 2 people. The rooms are extremly basic and not much room. Air con is charged along with fridge hire. there was 3 adults and the squeezed the third bed in, we could not move once our suit cases were in there. However, we did say to the rep that we wasnt happy and wanted to be moved. The owner of the hotel knew the family across the street and we were given a lovely apartment there for an extra £50. Angora Apartments. The food was lovely at the Mola and we eat there most evenings, staff very happy and polite. Be warned though it takes about 2 hours from airport to Hotel. And be careful of the dog in the bar opposite as it bit me. The beach is 2 minutes away and the shopping centre just round the corner. The Aqua Park was also opposite the Hotel.

Room Tip: Only choose this room if its only two of you and you dont mind a very small room
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Diva04
bishop auckland
Reviewed 19 February 2012

i took my 3 yr old daughter to mola 3 yrs ago.her dad is turkish.the staff ebo n jamie was fantastic with sky.the owner nhad invited me n sky to join him n his wife n familt to dinner 1 night.i was very happy to be invited.i have since divorced my husband but will defo take my daughter bk to mola in very near future for a holiday.see u all soon ebo n jamie i hope u remember us.my email is skyerat@talktalk.net please get in touch.angela..

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank angelae e
Koh lanta
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The worst hotel I have ever had the misfortune of "enjoying". Crappy service, lousy rooms and tasteless food.
Service : They just dont care! I think they plain and simly have given up. They probably get so much badmouthing from the guests about absolutely everything that is wrong with this place, that they go into attack-mode when they open their eyes.
Rooms: It looks like a prison cell with a balcony and a bathroom, the, wall and the roof and the closet AND the door is all in the same color, NO TV (the wall mountings was there, but alas no tv), NO FRIDGE or minibar, I wont even mention the bed!
We tried every day to change hotel but had to stay here for six days... JUST DONT GO THERE!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
12 Thank Dan01131
Kristiansand, Norway
Reviewed 12 July 2011

We travveled on an unspecified trip, we just knew we would land in Antalya. We came to Alanya , and Mola Hotel. My first impression was that it was a very simple hotel, but the rooms were clean, and i was happy we had a balcony:)

I travelled with my doughter wich is 8 years old. I was thinking about uppgrade our hotel, because there was no pool at the hotel, But the staff told me they cold arrange so we could use the pool right across the street, and we lived just 70 meters from the beach.
The staff was very serviceminded, and helped us with everything we asked for, they were actually so nice, and made so much fun for my doughter, that we decided to stay there our hole holiday.

My other doughter were in Side with her little doughter, and they made a very nice price for her, so she could come to Alanya and stay with us in our room.

We ate in the restaurant some times, and the food were nice, and the bartender Ibrahim, made us lovely drinks, and him, Orhan and all the other people in the staff did all they could to have a nice holiday.

I will recomend this hotel to others, its not the finest hotel youll find, but the people working there, will do theyr best to make your holiday as good as possible, and its right in the middle of everything. Two minutes away there is a big Aquapark, if you dont travel with kids, try it anyway, it was fun :)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank GroAnita71
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2010

The hotel was in a prime location for the beach and the many local restaurants and bars and local facilities. Only 5 minutes to the beach. The main negatives were that it did not have a pool and that the noise from the local bars etc could go on till 2am before it became possible to really get some sleep. The food at the hotel was of an excellent quality especially for the price. For example a Moussaka would only cost 10 TL which is about £5. In addition to the meal and at no extra cost, they provided a salad, local bread and garlic butter, greek yoghurt and some herbs. The staff very hospitable and helpful. For a 2 star hotel it does represent good value for money.

• Stayed September 2010