“Brit and Anne”
Review of Mola Hotel

Mola Hotel
Ranked #315 of 374 Hotels in Alanya
Reviewed 28 October 2012

My friend and I have been in Alanya many times and stayed in different hotels/appartments.This was our first time at Mola hotel.We had no problems with the staff or the rooms.Breakfast was ok, the rooms were cleaned every day, beds was ok to sleep in.The staff were both friendly, helpfull and nice.
The way you will be treated is a mirror of you own behaviour.
Thank you Captain and uff uff for a nice stay.....in the rain and thunder.We will come back and say hello next summer

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank anne s

Reviewed 14 October 2012

Well, i came to the mola as my first ever holiday.. my mum had been there three times.. the hotel is amazing we made friends with all of the staff and they are always there when you want something. Food is amazing, and the way they communicate with every guest there as much as they can. I can't wait to be back there next year. Brilliant place!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good the one we stayed in was on the 4th floor and it was lovely.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2012

The staff is only interested in your money, they only want you to spend as much as you can (by the way, no fan in the rooms, you have to pay for air con 7 Euro a night) The hotel doesn't represent a 3 star hotel if any is a 1 star. Unfortunately they tried to break into my suitcase while I was out twice! They couldn't take anything and when I realised I took all my valuables with me. I complained and they got very aggressive so I was a bit scared to spend the rest of my holidays at the hotel. I also found that each time I started a conversation with any other of the guests, the staff would come around like flies and listen to the conversation. If you want to have a nice time avoid this hotel at all costs!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sabrina555222
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Never again, we was there for a week and it was enough for the rest of my life ..
No respect but your money they love ..!
My wife would go from bar up and pick up his phone and from the time she got up until she was back at the bar had 5 waiters approached segment for her and spugrt whether they should follow her to bed .. NB she did not drink alcohol!
I would strongly not recommend this hotel to anyone!
All the staff at this hotel is 300% fake, believe me!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Gert V
Reviewed 1 August 2012

i am going to review the hotel and not the getting there which was as usual with thomson a nightmare to be honest.
Ok 1st impressions was small family run business basic but good clean accomadation.
The mola hotel is just that small and family run ...as in the whole street is owned by a family , which to me was nice.
The rooms were basic they had 2 single beds a shower and toilet room separate , there is no Tv no fridge , you can hire a fridge at 5 euros a day and the AIR CON is 7 euros a day,ended up i didnt expect the air con charge but in july you will definitely need it ...with average night temps of 40c.
The staff Errol Orhan and ebo work tirelessly to make your stay welcoming , even the chef made me special dishes on request as i am a bit of a fussy eater, ie eggs on toast in the morning and chicken fillet burgers which are not on the menu.
The cleaning lady was an angel she always cleaned our room everyday beds were made and sheets changed every third day...towels changed on a need basis i was there 2 weeks.
There is no swimming pool at this hotel but you get the use of the pool at the bebek hotel if you want it...i preferred the sea ...very warm this time of year.
The mola is very well placed for town and beach 2 mins walk to both in opposite directions.
If you need a turkish shave or haircut i can recommend Ramis next door to the hotel...service with a smile and they have the skills too.
I can also recommend the masseuse Ali in the Bebek hotel ...he is phenomenal with backs see ya next time Ali.
So all in all a cheap budget hotel remember to factor in the air con and dont expect too much from the basic rooms and you will enjoy your stay at the mola.
I would definitely go there again and i am fussy.
Thank you all from john and barbara.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank John H
Reviewed 19 July 2012

we booked into the hotel ok, but the following day after returning from the beach we found our padlock had been tampered with and broken in our room. i reported it to the manager, who convinced me that it might have been us that had broken it. the padlock had been forced and the keyhole left unable to use, although i dont think it had actually been opened. i let it go, and gave the manager the benefit of the doubt.

the following day, we returned once again from the beach to find the bag had been cut open in three places, making one cut by the zip big enough to get a hand in the bag. although we dont think anything was stolen, once again i reported it to the manager, who then got aggressive with me and pushed me around, when i told him i wanted police involvement. after a big arguement, where he shouted in turkish and physically abused me, finally he passed me a phone, and told me the rep wanted to speak to me.

the rep informed me that if police are called it will cost me £100 ukp for a translator and that we would then have to leave the hotel within 24 hours, so we decided against immediately calling the police.

after a few days of being very nervous about going out, we finally called the uk to report our situation. the girl on the end of the phone told us we could be moved, but at a cost of £135 ukp, which we couldnt afford, so had to stay put. our holiday was completely ruined. we did go to the police on our last day to report the situation, but they told us they had no proof, so wouldnt even give us a crime report number, as they said so many people try to claim false insurance claims and that girls often cry rape after a night out . i informed him that we werent insured and not intending to claim from any insurance for theft, but wanted to report the Mola hotel with them, incase of any future events.

The people in the room next to us also had their bags tampered with. we have their contact details

i was absolutely disgusted by the entire experience and wish to make a formal complaint to abta and the turkish tourist board.

we were told it was a bed and breakfast, but that consisted of bread, cheese, spam, olives and a maximum of 2 cups of tea, fruit juice was an added charge and a cooked breakfast about Euro 8

several people arrived over the time we were there to find they were put into tiny box rooms with their entire family, one family opposite us had 2 adults, 2 teenage children and a baby and found themselves in a tiny room barely big enough for 2 single beds. they had a daughter with diabetes, had expressly asked for a fridge for her medication on booking, but found no fridge and were charged £130 for one weeks use of a tiny fridge worth no more than £15 in a uk junk shop. there was no fan in the rooms, even though temperatures were hitting 40c, aircon units were available but after one day we realised they didnt work, and we were still being charged £7 per day for their use.

the owner seemed to know everyone locally, and whoever gave this place a 3 star rating, was obviously well rewarded with a backhander. the hotel, if in the uk would never have any rating above a 1star

Room Tip: Do not choose this Hotel, there are alot in the area
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank symond1965
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This hotel is not suitable if you have more then 2 people. The rooms are extremly basic and not much room. Air con is charged along with fridge hire. there was 3 adults and the squeezed the third bed in, we could not move once our suit cases were in there. However, we did say to the rep that we wasnt happy and wanted to be moved. The owner of the hotel knew the family across the street and we were given a lovely apartment there for an extra £50. Angora Apartments. The food was lovely at the Mola and we eat there most evenings, staff very happy and polite. Be warned though it takes about 2 hours from airport to Hotel. And be careful of the dog in the bar opposite as it bit me. The beach is 2 minutes away and the shopping centre just round the corner. The Aqua Park was also opposite the Hotel.

Room Tip: Only choose this room if its only two of you and you dont mind a very small room
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends