“fantastic great perfect”
Review of Mola Hotel

Mola Hotel
Ranked #315 of 374 Hotels in Alanya
Reviewed 23 September 2009

stayed here for week starting the 5th sept, didnt get to the mola till 6 in morning but as i got off coach was greeted by a smilly face and case was carried to my room, from that moment on all staff were great , the hotle is only a 5 min walk from the beach, a water park is even closer, nothing was to much trouble for the staff ,
I will be going back at least twice next year I would say this hotel would suit couples an singles , the room was cleaned every day, the food was great ,
it does not have a pool but you may use one at another hotel less than 3 min walk away
what to say ,, i really enjoyed my visit here , thankyou all the staff and thankyou to goldtrail

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank steveNorfolkUk

Reviewed 21 August 2009

Having booked last minute with Goldtrail Holidays, both of us weren't sure what we were going to get with the Mola.

We we're first off the coach after arriving in Alanya, and was greeted by Steve at reception and was offered a choice of floor that we could stay on. We opted for the first floor which suited us as it wasnt much of a struggle getting to the room. There was a lift though for those that were on the second, third or fourth floors.

The first night we decided to stay in the hotel complex and drink at the bar. 'Ibo' made us right at home on the first night by offering us a free fruit juice cocktail and popcorn and melon.

We stayed B&B (unsure if anything greater is offered), and was treated to a filling Turkish breakfast **see photo**, dinners there was good too.

The rooms, albeit basic, was just enough to put all holiday clothes into the wardrobe with sufficient amount of hangers. A daily maid service was provided throughout the holiday week. Air Conditioning was available also at 12YTL (£5) a day.

If we have to fault the hotel for anything it was that of the beds, mine was slightly uncomfortable and led to me having a sore back and rib throughout the holiday. My wife's though was fine, so it was just the choice I had made at the start.

If you wish to use a pool at your stay at the Mola, then the Alin Hotel about 3 minutes walk away is available.

The hotel is in a prime location with the beach being less than a 5 minute stroll away, Water Park another 5 minutes in the opposite direction and Alanya town centre 15 minutes away.

I would go back to the Mola again if offered as the staff are just so friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cyclops365
Reviewed 18 August 2009

Arrived at hotel after a 2 1/2hr transfer from airport during the late evening and found the hotel to be well positioned, not so far from the beach and away from the loud noises of the "Marina area" which contained the nightlife. We booked in with no problems and were given the choice of which floor we wished to stay in (we opted for the third!)
Air con (£5per day) and safety deposit box were purchased and we made our way to our room. The room was typical of the Turkish medium hotels, being rather small with a small wardrobe clothes.
After a quick shower/change of clothes we went downstairs to find the restaraunt/bar empty so we ventured out into the town for a brief exploration of the nearby facilities. The following morning we attended the "Reps meeting" (Golderntrail) who gave us the benifit of her knowledge of the area and a few "do's and dont's" one being, the food tends to go off quickly here, so as a guideline, only eat at restaraunts that where well attended, this would have precluded our hotel but we ate there on two occasions and the food was very tasty and the morning breakfast (Turkish) was excellent.
Our accommodation comprised of a bedroom with two single beds and a wardrobe, a toilet/shower/wash room and a balcony.
The staff were a friendly bunch most of whom were "family", I got the impression that the manager was in his first season of looking after the hotel, taking over from another member of the family, and the barman "Little Ebo" was extremely friendly making it his personal task to entertain every one who entered his domain (especially if it had a skirt on!).
During our weeks stay, the bed linen was changed once and the towels (I think) twice.
I cant quite make up my mind why the hotel facilities didnt have a greater attendance during the time we spent there, it was high season and the staff were pleasant enough but never more than four or five in the bar and usually none! It could be that the rest of the occupants in our hotel went to the busy Marina area across town for meals/drinks/nightlife, shame really but all the evening entertainment advertised on the room doors ie Turkish dancing and "Fun times" never materialised so we spent most "last drinks" on our own.
All in all...an enjoyable stay in a quiet, reasonable and adequate hotel.
Likes: Position of the hotel, Food, Helpful staff
Dislikes: No Hotel pool (you could go to another hotel pool nearby however!)
Amused at: To sit on the toilet you had one foot in the shower

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rockpebblar
Reviewed 13 May 2009

I have been at Mola Hotel four times between 1997 and 2002, and even though i havent stayed there the last 5-6 years i alwas walk by, eating great turkish meals, hugging my friends in the staff.

I think Mola got it all. Great location, ordinary rooms but clean and the hospitality from the staff is awsome. Even during my last stays in Alanya at other hotels (reasons out of my control) the staff picked us up at our hotel an drove us to the beach, to Mola for dinners, to discoteques for partying and back. They really know how to treat their customer.

Yes, i know there are more luxious hotels in Alanya. But for that small cost, you can´t get any better with that great location. Family with small children? = No. You and your friend, or you and your girlfriend = Yes.

Im counting the days til i come back to Mola again. I miss you all and i hope to see you again soon.

// Mattias from Sweden (now have wife and a small daughter)

email: odelbo@hotmail.com

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2008

I'm 21 and i took my little sister who's 13 on a surprize hoiliday! I booked it the day before and got and Brilliant deal. The only thing was we found out our aconidation when we arrived, i was realy hopeing that the place we got had a pool purely for my sister.
The only dawnfull was that when we arrived it was 6am and the sun was already out and we hadent slept because we were travelling all through the night that we had to then wait till 12 to get in our room. But i just put that dawn to "last miniut deal"!
Once we had got settled in the FUN began! It didnt have a pool but the beach was only at the end of the road where we spent every day.
The people was lovely the food was nice and the hotel was clean and tidy. The room were very basic but you get what you pay for!
The "fat man" the manager was very nice and made a fuss of my sister and got us all up dancing, we had ai right laugh!
I would defently go back purely for the location because that was ecellent. . . .

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 9 August 2008

Well, I'm not going to rant or rave or ramble for that matter! I've read some of the reviews for this place and don't entirely agree so am only happy to put my thoughts down for the record. I have just got back from the Mola after spending a week with my mate Donna Bellarucci... Fantastic!! Actually; one of the best weeks both of us have had in a very long time! We both felt a little queasy coming home from such a really good break and that was due to the location of the hotel - five minutes from the beach, but mainly down to the friendly & welcoming staff the Mola presents. Right from the word go, the staff went out of their way to make our stay as good and memorable as they could... and they suceeded!! Our room was basic but clean.. nothing our rep hadn't warned us about. Food was delicious and very well presented... and i lost count of how many hours we spent having copious amounts of fun and laughter. Our only regret was not leaving our contact details so we could keep in touch, but then again, we all live around 19 hours (including transfers) away from each other so what would be the point? Big thanks to the Mola, it'll take a long time coming down from this one!! X

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2008

I've just got back from a week at the Mola and all of my group had a great time! The hotel is basic but clean and the location is great. It's really near the beach and the waterpark and is also handy for shops and bars. I didn't find it noisy at all as all the bars in the street turm their music off before midnight. It is a pleasant 10 minute walk from the part of town which has the late bars and clubs. The staff are really friendly and the owner, Arif was amusing. He does ask you to drink in the bar etc but a cheerful 'no thank you' as we walked out was enough. We never found him to be over bearing. We did eat at the hotel and found the food to be very nice. We all enjoyed Alanya and the Mola so much that we are booking to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)