“Stayed in this hotel for 5 hours- and this was more than enough!”

La Perla Resort & Hotel
Ranked #172 of 234 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed 7 September 2010

This hotel is quite possibly one of the worst that I have ever seen, and I am not being dramatic. After enjoying 7 glorious days in Turkey, at the spotless and friendly Diana Suite hotel, my partner and I decided to book an excursion through our Thomas Cook rep because we had an early morning flight and we were told that after our day trip, which was the most boring trip I have ever been on, that we would be transported to a 3 star hotel with air con so that we could freshen up before our flight. When the coach pulled up the glass at the front of the hotel leading to the reception was smashed with a huge hole in it which gave me an initial grim feeling about the accomidation immediately. After not seeing one mosquito in our previous hotel this one was full of them, the room was full of dust, there was limescale and sludge all around the shower and the towels had stains and holes all over them! Quite simply, I left the hotel feeling more dirty than when I arrived becuae of how filthy and disgusting the room was! I sat in the lobby for 2hrs waiting for our coach to arrive simply because I could not bare to sit in the vile room any longer! In the lobby I met other tourists that had been on the same trip as us and every one of them felt the same, we all agreed that the rooms were unhygenic and dirty and that Thomas Cook had completeley sold us out! This hotel does not even deserve 2 stars let alone 3!!! That's an insult to my intelligence! Quite possibly one of the worst decisions that I have ever made on holiday and I will be writing a letter to Thomas Cook today with photographic evidence to ask for compensation for ruining the last day of my holiday when I would have been better off paying the extra to keep my room on!!! WARNING: DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL UNLESS YOU ARE USED TO LIVING IN SQUALOUR!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank scorpiolady1984

Reviewed 28 June 2010

This hotel is the worst hotel we have ever been in but the las review says it all as we were in that party but i would like to add that the beach was filthy.

1  Thank bodiescott
Reviewed 27 June 2010

We arrived at the hotel at 10pm, there were 3 couples in our party, We signed the paperwork and handed in the passports,, which were photo copied. We all had a wristband put on. The man in reception then told us "I have some news for you, 4 of you will share a family bedroom". To cut a long story short we didn't except the room and insisted on 3 double bedrooms. After an hour of waiting (and in the meantime the 10.30 bar had closed) they had one bedroom plus the family room and they were cleaning another room for the 3rd couple. They didn't even offer us a glass of water, so we asked if we could have a drink at the bar free of charge and he said that was ok. The 3rd couple then had to wait another hour for the room to be cleaned. The next morning we changed one of the rooms as they had not got a sea view that they paid for. The third morning we thought we were going to be settled, then hey presto the man from reception came to find me round the pool, ahhhh I thought, he is going to ask if everything was ok but no, he said " We need your family room today, we can move you to another room". After further talks I reluctantly agreed but only if I could have one of the best rooms, with a sea view and after an hour they agreed. We also asked to keep one of the rooms until 5pm free of charge on our departure day - which we were also given. So in the end we were all satisfied with our rooms which were all very clean.
A few things I would like to point out to you is - Dont book economy rooms they are in the basement and people had to pay £200 to upgrade. The bar closes at 10.30pm and they had gin, vodka and raki (spirits), Beer, red wine and white wine that was it for the alcohol. The orange, coke and something that was supposed to be sprite was poured from plastic bottles, that was all -ok. The water, which was sometimes warm, was in a container that you could help yourself to (when it wasn't empty) The food , well I think the other reviews say it all, but you had to be a good sprinter to get anywhere near. the front. I have been on quite a few holidays but NEVER come across such ignorant holiday makers. (By the way, you had to knock the flies off the food before you ate it!!!!) The morning and afternoon snacks were either a fried doughy shaped doughnut or a piece of pastry with a bit of cheese and spinich in.
Entertainment - It was lucky there was 6 of us in our party so we made our own, but the two young lads who did what bit of entertainment there was, tried there best including fire eating, comedy show, cant remember the rest !!!!!
If you do decide to go please read the reviews because most of them are true. I think we were 6 of the lucky ones.

1  Thank 1947Jackie
Reviewed 25 June 2010

After escaping the "promo" room we paid £200 to upgrade for 2 weeks. Think twice about booking here. The guests are prodominantly Russian with bad manners, arrogant , greedy and obnoxious. Leave your manners at home and sharpen your elbows as they do not like to queue, elbows do come in handy at breakfast, lunch and dinner. The waiting staff were good and bar staff amusing - all worked hard.
Thankfully we met some lovely British folk who experienced the same as we did.
And as review by Pete & Esta, get in quick for the fruit !!!!!
Elaine & Andy c/o Forsey Towers

Reviewed 19 June 2010

As other people have said before, this hotel clearly is not for the English, We too had the experience of the underground rooms, as it seems do all the English people who visit.
Hygiene is non existent and food was poor, entertainment rubbish.
Pool ok, but ruined swimsuits, all went green.
After we had paid our money to upgrade room not bad.

Reviewed 18 June 2010

The Hotel itself is fine, unless your English, then you are put in the basement rooms or you are asked to pay an extra £200 per week to get a better room. Certainly is not 4*
Also they are not very English-friendly as they prefer the Russians. So if you do stay here then bring your suncream / swimming gear and enjoy the sunshine BUT leave your English manners at home, because you do not need them when sharing the same resort as the arrogant RUSSIANS.
P.S if you like an apple of an orange after your meal then be quick....because they nick them all . Pete&Esta

1  Thank pestar
Reviewed 14 June 2010

where do I start? I arrived at the hotel to be shown to my room which was in the basement. It was dark, damp and smelly and only a small window high up which looked out onto a brick wall. The toilet fell apart on 1st use and the chain continued to make flushing noise all thru the night. The fridge was disconnected (because a previous guest failed to pay their bill)! Not all the lights worked resulting in very poor lighting. I only had hot water twice in my 10day stay and had to use my parents shower. We were told towels were only available after 4pm and were gone when we went to get any. The gym consisted of a tread mill a manual cross trainer and a bike that didn't work and a few weights. The kids club was the swing and slide on the beach! The food was shocking no variety or quality and much was recycled from previous sittings, nothing at all for my daughter who lived on bread and ketchup and a bowl of chips which I had to purchase at £3 a time. But the most horrendous thing was the hygiene - the mountains of cups and plates were washed in a small sink at the bar in cold water no liquid and dried on dirty table cloths! The entertainment was "hit and miss" and catered mainly for the Russains. The beer and wine ran out on many nights and it was a battle to get any more quite often resulting in us buying our own. It is not an English resort and we were not made to feel welcome at all. I have been to many countries and 4 times to Turkey but I have to say this hotel wins 1st prize for the WORST EVER!!

1  Thank debbiefrances