“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 231 Hotels in Antalya
amman
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

The hotel was comfortable, friendly staff, relaxing atmosphere, I really enjoyed my stay people were helpful too. It was a positive experience and I would recommend it . The hotel has a free spa where u can relax and enjoy steam area, sauna and Turkish bath, I did not have time to try the spa but I checked it out and it seemed cool. Pool area is very relaxing and the food was really good.
I didn't mind the pebble beac although I would rather sandy. The beach was a fun experience.
Downfalls are that the people in Antalya mostly do not speak any English, and the same goes for th staff at the hotel, this was really weird since I was staying at a 5 star hotel, I had to use a lot of sign language. Another thing is the wireless , the good thing is its free but u can never stay connected for more than five minutes straight.
The hotel is also 20 or15 minutes away from the city centre and kind of far off everything else.
Overall I loved it, there were some inconveniences but I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lumba85

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Mashhad, Iran
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

the only thing that works good here is room air condition AND THE CASHIER... he even put a cash for water in case that you are half board and have free lunch... you have nothing to do after 10 o'clock.... the problem is the half board is breakfast and dinner it really waste your time... there is no show or disco or entertaner team here... if you wanna have a good time i really suggest another hotel...
the rome and swiming pool is very clean but there is no diffrent between tripel room and a room with extera bed its like a cartoon that fold from middel when you sit on it...
the first night is very bad

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank neda_nell
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Antalya, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Dear neda_nell,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I am delighted that you noticed the cleanliness of our pool and rooms. However, I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

Actually i am a regular traveller but it will be my first time to visit Antalya ,I have selected this hotel for my stay with the family on 20th of august 2012, my feed back will be given later,although I did not experience the hotel yet but still I think it is up to our expectations as what I heard from my friends. Yazan ghalayeini / Jordan

Room Tip: I can not recommend any room now since I am planning to stay in this hotel in the 20th of this month...
Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Yazan G
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

This hotel is several miles from the city center of Antalya, but it's view of the Mediterrean is awesome. It is a beautiful hotel, with Moorish-inspired architecture. It is extremely expensive, however. Above all, do not have your laundry done at the hotel - a NEW pair of socks or underwear is cheaper than having a pair cleaned here. Wine is also extremely pricey.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank John P
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

First impressions of the Crowne Plaza Antalya was an imposing hotel in a desolate area flanked by a dual carriageway.
Our pre-order of flowers for our room had been managed well plus we had been upgraded to a club room for the duration of our stay.
A short time after settling in we received a call from Aylin to check that all was ok - nice touch.
The roof top Ambrosia restaurant offers a la carte and is where we took our meals while in the hotel. The food was great with a good choice and service - thanks Agur.
The pool bar plays music at unacceptably loud levels and the choice of music should be an embarrassment to the management.
The wifi in the hotel is free.
If I compare and contrast the Crowne Plaza Antalya to our last vacations at IHG hotels the Crowne Antalya should be comparable but sadly it fails on numerous counts around the 'softer' levels of service that we would expect at a high level IHG group hotel.
All in all a good stay but the hotel is not up to expected Crowne Plaza / IHG standards.

Room Tip: Keep away from the front of the hotel for a quieter time
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kevin_and_Sharon
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

Impressive building with a nice pool and oriental style lobby and interior. The main advantage is a small underground pass to a small pebble private beach (bring your crocs shoes) with your own lifeguard, very clean sea and hotel sunbeds in a small strip of Konyaalti beach. Very good breakfast in terms of quality and variety. Cleaniness is average and rooms have sea view but the balcony is tiny. Safe, mini bar and free wifi inside rooms. The location is good 3 minute walk to your private beach, 4 minute walk to bus stop and a small market. You can use cheap antalya buses 20mins to Kaleici old town, 5-10mins to Migros mall (supermarket, food court, shopping).
On the other hand staff service is unfriendly, limited knowledge of English. They forgot 2 times to clean the room.
This is a best choice hotel, if you want to have your private beach in walking distance and relax and be not far outside from the landmarks and center.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kiriakos_Dam
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Antalya, responded to this review, 11 August 2012
Dear Kiriakos_Dam,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am glad you enjoyed our beachfront and our location. I am sorry the service you received from our staff was unacceptable and apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you. We hope you give us a chance to host you the next time you are in the area.

Irish V
Case Manager
IHGCare
CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

The hotel is right in front of the beach. Antalya is so beautiful and beyond expectation. It seems to be the combination of France's Rivera like Cannes and Nice, and Italy's Amafi coast - although I never been to those places but that's what they look like from the pictures. Here you got the view of cliff and the ocean waves hitting rocks, and view of beach with umbrellas of different colors. And this hotel is right in front of that beach. I can walk along the beach all the way to the Museum of Archeology, then from there I walk into the park and see many cliff side restaurants. It's really nice. One week seems not enough. If you are going to come, stay a minimum of one week to relax and experience different cliff side restaurants. You will be really happy about this rare find.

The hotel room is nice. The suite I got has a layout that is similar to the well-reviewed InterContinental Shanghai Pudong's junior suite. It doesn't look all that impressive from web photo but is very comfortable to stay at. This hotel is actually more efficiently run than what the reviews said, and is better than what its web photos show. Housekeeping is very efficient and checkin/checkout is hassle free. Frontdesk is very friendly too. I run into problem with my luggage left in Istanbul but the hotel room and everything gives me peace of mind. I think the previous negative review is unfair. It scares me before my arrival. I ordered food room service and it's fast too. So, don't worry, just come! It's better than expected.

Room Tip: Get a suite if you can. All suites are in high floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo