“Disappointment”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Antalya
Ranked #8 of 234 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

All the worker are very nice especially Emel Gokge She is give very good service and I very disappointed from rooms to design and food is very poor with one meun everyday which make me sick. I CONSIDER THIS A 1 STAR HOTEL NOT WORTH MY MONEY AND I WONT RECOMMENDED TO ANYONE.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Max J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Antalya, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Max J,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Write a ReviewReviews (1,716)

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Crowne Plaza Hotel Antalya has a very good locatıon.Sıtuated Konyaaltı named seasıde places.The staff so young,so hard workıng and lovely persons.Breakfast dont ınclude the room prıces.This ıs so ınterestıng for me,because generally Turkısh Hotel prıces ıncludes breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank doğaduru
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This hotel appears upscale from the minute you walk in, though it did take reception a while to figure out our check-in. That could have just been a blip, though.

The rooms are quite nice; however, when I traveled in March, it was impossible for me to turn on the AC, despite the heat, so the room got rather steamy. I was able to open the window, which helped, but apparently many hotels don't allow you to use the AC until at least April.

The food was decent. I don't think the hotel had as large of a selection as some of the others I visited, but I had no complaints. The food was definitely more upscale - I was unable to recognize what some of the items were, but it was pretty. There is also a patio outside, so you can eat outdoors, but beware that many people in Turkey smoke and generally do so there.

I believe there is a nice spa downstairs, and a large outdoor pool. Other amenities are lacking. There is a business center hidden in a corner in the downstairs with 3 computers. There are also supposed to be shops downstairs, but there was only 1 half-filled shop, which didn't even appear to be open. I heard that there was a fitness center, but I was not able to find it - it is possible that it was inside the spa.

The hotel is about 1 block from the water. There is supposed to be an underground tunnel that allows you to access the beach, but it was closed when I was there. I'm not sure how long it will remain closed; I had about a 5 minute walk to reach the beach because of it.

Those who are seeking a nice beach to lounge on should consider the other end of Antalya; this beach is rocky, while the one on the other side is sandy. You can still swim in it though.

The hotel is located a little ways away from downtown Antalya, so you will probably have to take a cab to reach most other destinations in the city.

Room Tip: You will have to ask for a room facing the beach; some of them have patios directly looking onto the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SkyKing23
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I arrived at the Crowne Plaza 2 nights ago and my first impression was what a fantastic looking hotel. The staff have been friendly and on the whole very helpful. My main criticism and the reason for my poor rating for this hotel is the temperature of the water in the indoor swimming pool. The pool is not usable and this has been reported to 6 different members of staff but they all say they will look into it but nothing has been done and no one has come back to me let me know if it will be fixed. I have 5 days of my stay left so here's hoping they get it sorted.

On a positive note, Emel in the restaurant has been incredible, very friendly, attentive and great with the kids.

Room Tip: High floor with a sea view if you want a great view but you'll have the road noise all day and n...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tariq M
GRCrownePlazaAnt, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Antalya, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Tariq M;

thank you for your comment.

Our indoor swimming pool is accordingly to turkish law and standards between 27 to 28 degrees. The growing of bactarias by not using an unhealthy high dosage of chlorine; the water temperature isn't allowed to overrun the max temperature of 28 Degrees.

We hope for your kind understanding that we are not able to adjust the temperature in another way and we hope your last days with us will make you satisfied with our services.

Best Regards,
Crowne Plaza Antalya Team

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I've stayed in this beautiful hotel for more than 6 weeks for business, and as the staff told me when I was checking out, I was already part of the interior and shouldn't go. It almost felt like home.
Crowne Plaza team is just wonderful. If you had any question, comment or whatsoever, they had a listening ear and were always looking for a way to be of any help for you. I haven't seen any team-member without a smile.

The building has an impressing entry with a big atrium, with all rooms connected to it. The doors and walls of the rooms are unfortunately not able to keep all the noises from the hotel lobby and restaurant outside, but it wasn't disturbing to me that much.
The rooms are OK, the bed was nice with a good mattress, but sometimes a low water pressure in the shower. I had a small balcony on the south-west side, with a nice view on the Mediterranean and the mountains, but it was to small for a chair to have a nice relaxing moment in the sun. Housekeeping did a good job to come every day to make our beds and clean the rest.

Breakfast was perfect. Large buffet with a lot of choice and always fresh. Special thanks to Emel, Hatice and Aliye for making every morning a good start with very friendly service and small talk.

The hotel has a very small fitnessroom, Spa, with a small indoor pool, sauna and steambath, and massage rooms. The outdoor pool was filled, but to cold in this time of the year. Also the terrace was not prepared yet, only some tables for breakfast etc.

The location is a bit outside the touristic area of Antalya, but if you like that, then it is perfect. Serveral restaurants en shops are at walking distance, otherwise a taxi for 25TL to the old centre is a good option.

Overall a very nice place to stay, service is of high quality and very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Stefan B
Reviewed 2 April 2014

If you are looking for a 5 star hotel then skip the Crowne Plaza. If you are looking for a 4 star + 1 big heart hotel. Go there. This is the place to be.

I spent 4 weeks in the C.P in March 2014.

It’s situated on the Konialti beach. At the west side of the hotel you can enjoy marvelous scenery of grand mountains, covered with snow and on the east side you can see a magnificent view of Antalya and in front of the hotel you’ll find the Mediterranean sea.

It has its minor issues, which every hotel has, you’ll find out. But the C.P makes effort of making people’s stay pleasant and give them a feeling of being special and a little feeling of being at home too. So in general I’d got only positive impressions from this hotel.

Personnel are there for you, helping hands, a smile and they know how to connect and bring a smile.
If you want your privacy, you get privacy. They know the balance.

Breakfast was delicious. The variety was huge. Staff were very friendly, helpful, polite and always with a smile.

It was very nice to often find the same staff; Hatice, Tugce, Turan, Emel or Eylem. You’re in very good hands with them.

The rooms are large enough, comfortable bathroom and what’s important for me; a good bed. Not too soft not too hard.
Lots of pillows and good quality curtains to blind your room. Every day cleaning and adding your free bottles of water in your room.

Balconies are French but the terraces are big enough to catch some sun if you want.

Free Wi-Fi too.

The pool is 20 m from the breakfast lounge and there is a private entry to the beach, which is a 100m walk.
Too far away for you? There is an indoor pool too and a gym for your daily work out. Plenty of water and towels to take.

Aren’t there any issues. As I said; yes, there are.

It’s an atrium built hotel so if you are an early sleeper; there can be some back ground noise. The hotel has a busy road up front but traffic and other back ground noises, like live music, dry up around 22.00.

The location is a bit away from Antalya center. Taxi is really cheap though.
5TL for a ride to a nearby restaurant when it rained. 30TL to the city center. Big deal!
15 min drive.

Plenty of busses too. They ‘ll bring you to the center for only 2 TL.

The remote location’s advantage is that it’s in a quite area away from the city noise. They area is recently developed and there is plenty of activity around.

If you have a question; just ask staff in the beautiful hall; ask for Aliye. If you have any complaints; just ask for the general manager Mrs Ilgaz…She’s a Pro!

Overall I enjoyed my stay very much and would certainly return.

So thank you Staff! Keep up the good job you do every day!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Peter K
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

The wifi signal in my room was very weak that I could not connect the internet. Except this everything was ok. Also the hotel should improve the quality of breakfast. The staff was so polite and helpfull that I really appreciate.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business