“Good hotel for comfortable holidays”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Antalya
Ranked #8 of 231 Hotels in Antalya
“Good hotel for comfortable holidays”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I spend in Hotel approximately two weeks. I was satisfied by good atmosphere and professional service, I appreciate it every time, for me that is the most important during holiday. I appreciated professional behavior by reception. I have come at night and night auditor was very polite and I was provided by the good room. Reception was always helpful and know answer on every my question )) I was impressed by variety and quality of food. Waiters were also the best, very nice and always in good mood. Was too good to be truth) still wonder what a lovely place it was! Think of coming back and advice it to my friends..

Room Tip: The upper stores are more spacious
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Malmo, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

The CP Antalya has what it advertises. However, not all it advertises to have is functioning properly or has the status that would be expected by a 5-star hotel. In order to maintain the status of 5 stars, I believe a hotel should put some effort in its maintenance and not just let it fall apart. The staff at CP Antalya do not seem to understand this or the concept of hygiene.
Let’s start with the status of the room then. The room is equipped as advertised, besides the following “minor” faults: Weak water pressure makes filling the worn-out bath tub time consuming, I think there was a clog in that tub as well, also there was a bit of mold on the joints around it and the glass that is supposed to prevent water from splashing all over the floor was inadequate. Let’s see… what else? Malfunctioning closet and reading lights that would not turn off, missing information in the information pamphlet, complicated A/C with no instructions, and it was very unclear what was and what wasn’t included in the fee for the room. The TV has mostly Turkish channels, a few German ones and one Arabic channel, but no English ones.
The manners and the attitude of the staff. The people working at CP Antalya are very helpful, kind and a few have good English, but are not so informative. I got no information on the restaurant, hot spots in Antalya, possible trips that they could accommodate us with, and so on. Also, they are not so attentive to instructions as I ordered a room with a king-sized bed and an extra bed for a child but this was not prepared for us even when I reminded them to do that both through e-mail and over the phone. When we arrived we got a room with two adjoined twin beds and there was no child’s bed prepared. We had to wait for them to prepare it for us. We even arrived 1 hour later than we told them that we would, so they had plenty of time to prepare this for us as instructed – but didn’t. We never got the room we ordered. The cleaning help were very nice, but the technician did not seem to be happy over fixing lights. At first he did a very silly fix by turning off the electric switch and then on, he then said that he would brb and never returned. The lights went back on and I had to call a second time for them to send him up. 2 minutes after that call they asked me if it was okay to turn off all the electricity except for the AC in my room – and I said that was not OK. The receptionist laughed and said “I thought so” and sent the electrician to the room again. I met what seemed to be an annoyed electrician that had to do a fix that took 2 minutes instead of 1 while he was mumbling something in Turkish and hardly responding to my questions. That’s what I call bad service.
The floor where the Zeus spa is located reeks of a strong mold smell as soon as you enter the floor. Only when you enter the Turkish bath however, that smell is non-existent. The spa has a lot of malfunctions. Several lights in the pool have burned out and have not been replaced during our stay. The Finnish sauna has very weak lights as well, which makes it very creepy to sit in (also it is only 65 degrees Celsius). The “snow room” and the Russian sauna are not functioning and reek of mold and feces. The indoor pool is a bit too cold and the hamam is missing soap and loofas. The steam sauna reeks of sewage and the showers also reek and are missing several lights (only one of four showers has a light).
Parking is outdoors. Thank God for the valet though. If not for the valet, the car would be horrendous to hop into after standing all morning in the hot sun. They were also very friendly and took good care of the car.
The room cleaning service. What they cleaned, they cleaned sloppily and what they didn’t clean remained always dirty. They had a good attitude but a sloppy work routine. Always there was something (mostly several things) that was neglected or forgotten: Refilling the toilet rolls, giving us new bath robes (never happened), giving us new slippers (as they took the ones that we hadn’t even used), refilling the soap, washing the cups (happened only once), vacuuming (only happened when I called the reception and complained), etc.
Another hygienic issue is the tunnel to the beach. It is nice to have one, but why not maintain it as well? There were dead bugs all over the place, and a nasty smell there during our whole stay.
To sum it up: The CP Antalya advertises itself as a 5-star hotel, and maybe even thinks that it is one, but in comparison to other 5-star hotels and in consideration of the mentioned flaws it should be lucky to count itself as a 4-star hotel. With a lot of malfunctioning equipment due to the sloppy maintenance from the staff, I would give the CP Antalya a maximum of 3 stars. If not for the view, the location, the beach and the breakfast buffet, it would be 2 stars.
P.S. for people not joining in on the evening buffet – the piano is very noisy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank aceAA
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Antalya, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear aceAA,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Sabratha/Libya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I was in Antalya for 3 nights as I make my reservation like that , when I stayed in hotel Crowne Plaza , I increase my staying to 4 nghits more , to be 7 nights in that wonderful Hotel …
They remember me by (( you can check in any time you like , but you can never leave ))
The amazing staff and their courtesy .
specially guest relation (( Alye )) which is help me , with my ticket amendment and her effort to do that , also to arrange excursion for me .
The hotel was more quite , food is Delicious , cleaning was excellent and I remember the housekeeping ( Meltem) which was patient and very kind .
I am really satisfied in my stayed there ..
Friends I recommended That for you …

Room Tip: rooms on the south side sea view .
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank DARTELLIL
GRCrownePlazaAnt, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Antalya, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear DARTELLIL,

we would like to thank you very much for posting your review about your stay with us.

The warm words about our staff and the fact that we made you that satisfied that you extended your stay with us made us very happy.

It would be a pleasure for us to serve you on your next Trip to Antalya again.

Cologne, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Rooms were good, people at reception very nice and helpful. Food was very delicious. The waiters in the restaurant did not speak any English and some of them were not very helpful and friendly. In the meeting rooms downstairs we had several times power breakdown.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jana W
Dear Jana W,

first of all we appreciate that you spend your time to post your feedback about your stay with us.

We are glad to read that you liked your room, the FO staff and the food. Thank you for sharing your thoughts where we can improve.
The electrical breakdowns were general breakdowns in the whole area around our hotel, so we were not able to influence them except of that our generator started immediately to work.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Adelaide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

This was the last stop on a famil tour with Trafalgar tours.
Beautiful hotel. It was about 10 mins taxi to the mall.
Beautiful lobby (it's huge and the doors to the rooms face in to this as a central quadrangle). They had little snacks and Turkish Delight in the lobby on arrival.
Dinner the night we were there was a buffet. It was ok, I have had better. We had buffet as we had been out all day. Pool area is nice and they will bring drinks to you. You can also go under the road by tunnel to the beachfront and sit on lounges over there. Water was lovely and beach clean- it is a pebble beach.
Rooms were lovely. Up to Crowne Plaza brand standard which you would expect.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank wildflowerb
GRCrownePlazaAnt, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Antalya, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear wildflowerb,

thank you a lot for taking the time to write and post your review about your recent stay with us.

Though we couldn't meet your taste with our dinner buffet we are glad to read that we met your other expectations.

Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

A very good hotel with excellent services and a good team of staff. The amenities are abundant with clean pool and Spa areas. Also, the staff are helpful and professional especially those at the reception desk including Tugce and Korhan. I'd recommend it for pleasure, business, and for solo or group and family travellers.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank maz m
Dear maz m,

we like to say thank you for posting your short review about your stay with us and for mentioning the staff that was most responding to your needs by name..

We are happy that we could meet your expectations and we hope that we will be able to welcome you again.

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

very good,nice and helpful all personell .
not good extra bed
no good at all that they dont have spa for men, as we liked to book the hotel too for they have spa. the pool is not having warm water either.

Room Tip: not good extra bed no good at all that they dont have spa for men, as we liked to book the hotel to...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank mahir b
Dear mahir b,

thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel and posting your review.

We are very happy that you have been satisfied with our staff.

We would like to let you know that our hotel has 2 SPA centres. 1 SPA is just for ladies and 1 SPA for mixed use (men and women). Our indoor pool is heated and the temperature is constantly between 27-28 Degrees.

Thank you once again.