“A great Gem in Turkey”

Ranked #2 of 229 Hotels in Antalya
Scotland
“A great Gem in Turkey”
Reviewed 30 April 2010

We have been to a few places in Turkey and this is the first time I have came back and really enjoyed the full holiday, We arrived at the end of march and were given the wrong size of room, I thoght this is the start of a bad holiday but when I went back to the reception they appoligised and relocated us to the proper room type.
The hotel has a large staff all very frendly even when some rude holiday makers were abrupt and pushed there way in.
We own a cleaning company and cant help looking for faults and tips, The toilets were allways very clean and tidy, two clenners were always buffing the marble floors keeping them to a high standerd.
The food well there was allways a large selection of food to meet anyones tastes,or you can have chips.
The anamation team was great, for us Mustafa was great arranging darts, french bowls and so on if you wanted, the night time entertainment was okay but would get better I think as the season moves on and the out door entertinment starts.
Great holiday experence will go back.

2 Thank MrJimScotland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (517)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
scotland
Reviewed 27 April 2010

I was staying at the Sheraton in Antalya when the volcano erupted and i was moved to the Baia Lara . The difference in the attitude of staff was like night and day.With the exception of one or two i would have sacked the lot of them.The bar staff laughed and joked amongst themselves rather than serve customers and the waiters were just as bad.I got the impression they thought they were doing us a favour by serving us. The hotel was spotlessly clean,rooms lovely and food delicious but that is no substitute for rude arrogant staff. Never again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank sarahjanescotland
scotland
Reviewed 26 April 2010

Having never been to Turkey before we were very pleased and surprised to find this hotel to be in lovely conditition having only opened in 2009. The rooms were of a high spec and very comfortable. This included the use of the mini bar without extra charge. Hotel facilities i.e. spa and hair salon were fantastic and worth a visit. The lounges were comfortable and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The pool area was great and all day snacks were provided and of good quality. As this hotel is on the beach it was great to have the hotel facilities close to hand. Buffet dinning was well stocked and there was indeed something for everyone; wide selection of breads, soup, pasta, rice, chicken, chips, salad along with local meat dishes and a kiddies section. As we went off season the evening entertainment was a little repetative but we were told it improves as the season goes on. All in all a great week and we would recommend it to families and couples. Not much to do outwith the hotel but booking trips with the rep was reasonalby priced and to be recommended.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank TartanMaggie
Durham
Reviewed 24 April 2010

I cannot understand how people are saying the service at this hotel is poor! We stayed there for a week and every single member of staff we encountered was friendly and could not do enough for us. The reception staff were great, and check in was quick and easy, I tried out my Turkish phrases which I got from the internet, and the staff loved it and quickly tried to teach me some more! The room was beautiful, with fresh flowers, wine, box of soaps and scented candle! It was my birthday on the second day there, and when we returned from sunbathing, there was a beautiful heart shaped cake waiting for me complete with candles! The food was lovely, with waiter service for drinks at every meal. There was also waiter service at the lobby bar.

The pool was a little cold as it was April, but it didn't stop the brave from having a swim. The spa and gym were fabulous! I recommend the Turkish massage, my skin felt like silk afterwards. The indoor pool was huge and great to swim in.

The evening entertainment was not as good as it would be in the summer when all the bars are open, but we met up with loads of great people and spent our evenings chatting in the bar. Teenagers were very well catered for with an excellent games room and disco, and I was told that the kids club was also great. We tried the Mexican restaurant which was lovely, but you have to pay 10 euros each to use the a la carte restaurants which is unusual in an all inclusive hotel. There are some good shops nearby with cheap fakies, and also a brand new shopping mall with real designer goods. There are not any restaurants close to the hotel that we found, but to be honest we never felt the need to eat outside the hotel.

The animation team were great, they entertained the more energetic without being pushy with those who wanted to relax.

I would come back to this hotel any time, and would not hesitate to recommend it, if you've already booked a stay there, I'm jealous!!!

6 Thank Melissajane8
swansea
Reviewed 21 April 2010

what can i say!!!! this hotel was fantastic,, spotlessly clean,, rooms tastefully decorated and immaculate,, staff very pleasant. mehmet aksoy in the restaurant was my favourite,, wanted to take him home with me!!! 7 pools , with water slides which my son of 11 loved very much , although quiet , it was a perfect holiday.. will be going back again later on in the year for definate.. well recommended.... good choices of food although could be a little warmer in some occasions,, but can cope with that,, my favourite holiday and accomodation by far,, rhian, hywel and sam,, swansea , south wales uk

sussex
Reviewed 20 April 2010

This is a lovely looking hotel and thats it... the reception staff are the rudest that ive ever come across. There were loads of us trying to check in , most of us were completely ignored at the desk the staff dissappeared and we were left wondering what was going on some people were waiting 4or more hours, I waited 3 hours for mine.
The service was truly terrible , I was always served last as I was a Brit.
Food was ok but yet again service really bad, I think that if in the first couple of days I could have got a flight home I would it made me feel that bad about being there, But I thought no, so I was just rude back by just asking for drinks in a forceful way not bothering to smile and sometimes not even bothering to say please or thank you as this was simply not appreicated. Not a nice way to spend your holiday.
Just have to say that the maids were polite and so was Memhet.

6 Thank spanglesSussex
Wetherby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2010

just returned with my wife from 1 weeks holiday at the Baia Lara Hotel, well where do i begin, from the moment we stepped inside this beautiful hotel we knew we were not going to be disappointed. The quick check in at 2310 was a warm welcome after a 4 hour flight and a quick 15 minute transfer from the airport, Fresh glasses of some form of lime/lemon spritzer awaited our arrival, very refreshing. we quickly received our room keys and headed off to our room on the 5th floor, the luggage attendant promptly arrived with our cases( make sure you have some small lira notes as a small tip is expected for the service). The room was spacious & spotless, with a balcony overlooking the complex with it's 4 pools and a view of the sea and beach, even at night it looked fantastic.

During our week long stay we found all the staff very friendly and very polite, not once did we ever think he/she's got a bad attitude. The choice of food is varied and plentiful, if you can't find anything you like then you must be a fussy eater. Plenty of freshly cooked meat and fish in front of your eyes, lovely.
You can drink 24/7 if you like but we never managed to stay up later than 1 oclock, anyway there is a free mini bar in your room.

The Spa facilities are very impressive and reasonable priced, never tried the treatments but seemed well worth the money, turkisk bath, sauna and steam rooms are free,the indoor pool is warm if you don't fancy the outdoor pools which for april were a little chilly but got warmer each day.
Temp was well into the 70's most days, maybe even touched the 80's, a nice cooling breeze blew in from the sea but wasn't too severe ,just nice.

Plenty of room to spread out and lots of choice for where you wanted to lye down on your sun lounger. No need to get up at 6 in the morning to put your towel out "Bliss".

We would definitely recommend this hotel for both couples and families, the entertainment team work hard and long hours, but you never felt pressured to join in if you didn't want to.

The hotel is right on it's own strecth of beach which is lovely, a bit stoney but nice all the same, plenty of sun beds and umbrellas to keep the sun off your face if thats your thing.

The hotel caters for Russian, deutch and british tourists, so the standards are high. Well worth it's 5 TTTTT's in the brochure

Will more than likely go back again next year and that's a first for us.

Happy holidays