“Beautiful hotel....Most Shocking Staff”

Ramada Plaza Antalya
Ranked #26 of 229 Hotels in Antalya
“Beautiful hotel....Most Shocking Staff”
Reviewed 31 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Ramada for 12 days with the all inclusive package.
The bad service started at the reception where they are So Rude & never smile.
They look so unhappy & you can tell in there manner that they do not want to be there or have any care about customer service.
The managers seem to be the worst of the lot.
I have to say that the hotel is gorgeous & if I were the owner I would be letting go of most of the staff (not all as there are a few good ones) and hire NEW STAFF that want to be there & speak English.
Would I stay again? Yes but ONLY because of the hotel itself.

PROS;
Facilities
Pool
Rooms
Walking distance to old town & marina

CONS;
STAFF,STAFF,STAFF

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Lovely hotel, stunning views, great food & superb city location. What a pity about the attitude of the majority of the staff, especially the managers !!!! Bell boys and a couple of restaraurant and bar saff were very good but the rest were totally ignorant. I have visited Turkey over 20 times and have never experienced so bad manners. As for the managers they should apply to Gerry cottles cicus, as they are looking for clowns !!

Room Tip: Family suite 1st class
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Bob A
algiers
Reviewed 23 July 2012

i stayed there for 10 days on an all inclusive programm and i really enjiyed the hotel. Spacious and very clean rooms. the hotel is defenitly a 5 stars

Room Tip: select the high level floors
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank benachen t
delhi
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Stayed at the Ramada Plaza Antalya from 2nd to 6th July. Must say that the hotel is an absolute delight. Close to the Antalya old city, tramway and the main street, old approachable on foot this hotel is perfectly located for tourists. We stayed on Bed and Breakfast basis and liked the buffet spread.
While making a reservation there were some inhibitions based on reviews I read on Tripadvisor that the hotel did not honour guest reservations and were trying to accommodate people in a nearby hotel. Luckily for us, nothing of this sort happened and we were promptly checked in and escorted to our room. Hotel had lots to offer in terms of recreation for instance 2 swimming pools, gymnasium, steam-sauna, jacuzzi and a wonderfully soothing hamam.
There were just a few negatives such as poor internet connectivity, no night life within the hotel. Will I recommend it to someone, for sure yes.

Room Tip: Choose a room on higher floors with sea view
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank V_SG_14
Roskilde
Reviewed 16 July 2012

The surface may be 5-star but beneath the surface there is something wrong. It is not up to me to make theories about what it is. The readers may reflect for themselves.
I sense a great deal of cost optimization going on at that place. I also think of it as a conference hotel that makes an extra income on tourists. If not done smoothly these 2 concepts may clash.

The readers of this review must know that I assume the role of a charter tourist when writing this. I booked a 1 week stay with my family ( wife and 2 sons aged 21 and 18).
If I had travelled in a work related scenario my review may have been slightly different.

Hotel:
Fancy,. Lots of glass, steel and marble.
Good food and very nice rooms.

Staff:
English skills very poor, causing a lot of miscommunication and misunderstandings.
Language barriers would not have mattered if smiles and gestures could come into play, but they didn’t.
The staff was polite in a strangely sad, reserved and unhappy way…

Bar, nightlife, entertainment:
None – except for the pianist in the lobby. If you like sad melancholic songs with your drink, it would be great for you.
However we got fed up with “Für Elise” (Beethoven) and “She” (Charles Aznavour) pretty fast.
I had expected a bit more but I may be too young for this place (48)

Concept:
We had All inclusive but be aware that it closes at 12.00 sharp at checkout time. We were caught on surprise at that last day when we waited for our shuttle bus to arrive at 14.40. This is very different from all the other all inclusive concepts that we have visited previously.

Did we feel welcome?:
Not really! - At some point during the stay we were sorted into 2 groups (conference guests and tourists). The tourist was asked to use the indoor restaurant at all times while the conference guests could use the terrace. Guest relations claimed that they had to split the groups because some tourists had complained. However that explanation is just storytelling because we were notified about the change prior to the arrival of the conference guests. Since we came to enjoy the sun we approached guest relations to have this setup changed. It caused a couple of small incidents with the waiters until everything was settled. The following day everything was back to “normal”.

At checkout we waited quite long not knowing why. Then we realized that a person was sent to our rooms to check if we had taken anything from the minibar that we were not supposed to. What an odd feeling this was! Normally when I check out from hotels I answer “no” to having taken anything, or I hand over the note stating what I have taken.

Can I recommend this hotel?:
As tourist - Absolutely not!
Had I been there for 2-3days on business I would probably find it OK (but not greatly different from any other conference hotel)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Steen I
Denmark
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Stayed at this wonderfull hotel for 2 weeks, from 24/6-8/7 2012.
Quick check in, good service at the reception desk,and they gave us a perfect room at 10th floor with a beautifull view.
The food in the restaurants were great, not repeatitive as we are used to in other hotels, everything was fresh and high quality. But what a shame...the service in the restaurants could not match the high standard anywere else at this hotel. They could learn a lot from the Hilton hotels. In our second week we felt that they really tried to dó it better, and it helped a little when the inspector in the purple shirt came.
We went to the platform by the sea mostly everyday and it was wonderfull...lot of space, nice and clean. It was perfect for snorkling, absolutely the best we have tried in Turkey.
We had a beautifull holliday, and would like to come back

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Thesnorklers
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed here for about a week in June and had a fantastic time. The property is cleaned and well kept and felt quite luxurious, the rooms are nice, the food is wonderful and the view is just gorgeous. We bought the all inclusive package, which is totally worth it in my opinion since it was only 33 euros per person (on top of the room rate) when we bought it.

The outdoor pool is beautiful and also a good size, and it has an amazing view since it overlooks the ocean. There is no beach on the property, but from the pool, you can walk down to the water and they have a jump off deck if you want to swim in the sea (they closed off a little portion of the sea where guests can swim in). The water could be rough though and there are quite a few large rocks around the swimming area. There is a floating deck a few feet off the jump off deck that guests can swim to and sun bathe on. There is also a huge indoor pool that is really nice too for those that prefers indoor swimming. And if you want to go to a sandy beach, you can easily reach it by public bus..the bus stop is just a short walk from the hotel and it is an easy 20-30 minute ride to the beach.

The hotel is also very closely located to the old town and pier so you can easily wander around and visit on foot.

In terms of food, the buffet has a decent selection of food and the taste and quality is better than the average hotel buffet.

Service wise, I thought they were just okay, a little below average in fact. I find the waiters to be rude and ignorant sometimes. There were a few times where we had to just help ourselves to drinks and utensils since it took forever for the wait staff to come around our table. And one of the bartender actually grumbled when we asked him for one too many mojitos (and complained in Turkish that we were asking for way too much - it was our 6th drink that day..he didn't know that one of our friends has been in Turkey for a while and speaks the language). In my opinion, if it is an all inclusive that it is our right to have as many food and drink that we want and the hotel staff should accommodate with a smile and good attitude.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family