“in business”

Ranked #31 of 230 Hotels in Antalya
Istanbul, Turkey
“in business”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

ideal for the Business. Clean and located in the city center. Staff concerned and friendly. Constantly to stay for business. I dont stay at this hotel for the holidays. If you go for the holidays to Antalya hotel is a lot more options available. Breakfast is very good.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Burak E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brit in Paris
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Note in advance I stayed for 5 nights then extended to another 7 in the same trip. I wrote a long review but it appears to be censured so look at a well know site for booking hotels online and you will find my detailed comments
Plus and minus points...beautiful views from rooms...good location for Kaleiçi , close to old tram route and close to bus stops for the main buses between Lara and Konyaalti. Excellent indoor swimming pool,. It was big and clean and one day staff opened it slightly early for me to get my lengths done before checking out. It was a shame it was in the basement with no light but maybe in the heat during summer that is a plus. The double beds were huge,long and wide, extremely comfortable with beautiful cotton sheets and comfortable pillows. The reception staff was welcoming, courteous and helpful. The breakfast was a huge and varied buffet style with food for almost every tastes..on the downside the coffee was not nice and there was no fresh juice only diluted drinks supposedly cherry and orange. Also it finished at 10.30 on the dot but even by 10 am staff were preparing for lunch service and cleaning around you The rooms vary a lot, but all the ones I saw had bad lighting .. in addition in some rooms there was only one plug free so you could only make coffee or have the bedside lamp or charge your equipment so not practical , Also in my first room the internet connection was okay, in the other room it was appallingly slow (I was on the 9th floor on the side of the stadium with sea view). When I was at the hotel there was no access to the sea as the long,steep, steps were under repair. the hotel is on a cliff and so there is no beach. Also a number of sun beds appeared to have been left with towels "reserving" them but in the time I was looking to sit and relax noone came by so I was a little annoyed that people would do that and prevent others from using them. The room cleaning service was strange, ever overbearing on some days and inexistent on others. Eg On a rest day when I was extremely tired i had told the staff not to bother but they knocked 3 times and kept waking me, on one day when i had told them already not to come they barged in, threw wide open the door for all to see that I was lying on the bed with my legs in the air, no concern for my privacy. Other days they never gave me towels or renewed the toiletries. On my last night I discovered they had left me a façe towel for the first time, I had just assumed that they didn't have them and had been using hand towls only. Bathrooms -this was one of the first times I have had such a wierd access to the shower in the bathtub, it was not accessible to me as it was high and a wide ledge to the tub, normally you would have thought to sit on the ledge then swing your legs around into the tub, except it was not possible between there was only a narrow access there being a wall for over half the length of the tub, really wierd. So I ended up taking my showers in the health club and then asking to change to a room with an accessible shower on its own.

Room Tip: Check shower, plugs and wifi
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank frenchconnection01
West Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 4 April 2013

This was our third visit to Antalya. There are many good hotels in Antalya vicinity, but being in a hotel far from the city in off-season would not be a good idea, as many facilities in such hotels are actually closed in this time of the year.

We chose this hotel mainly because of its location , and it was exactly what we wanted. Right in the middle of one the best parts of Antalya, in a very nice street with many shops , restaurants, etc. and in walking distance of old part of the town (old harbor ) . Or you could use a very nice tram for going to 'Old City (Kaleici)' ,its stop is 5 min walk from the hotel.

Other than its excellent location , you could find absolutely everything you can think of in your room (for some of them you should pay)-I will not name them,as I meant when I said absolutely everything.

The room was modern and had enough space and the bed and mattresses and pillows were all super comfortable. Hotel was spotlessly clean . Our room was in third floor and we had mostly the view of neighboring apartments and a partial view of the see.

Breakfast was excellent . Lunch and dinner buffet was very reach in salads and side dishes and deserts, with many Turkish food in main menu but only one kind of food with chicken,lamb,turkey and fish.

The staff were helpful but not too friendly(especially behind the bar) , as this is the case in all hotels with all inclusive services.

In my opinion the best thing about this really 5 star hotel is its location and I would most probably come back if I wish to visit Antalya in off-season.

Room Tip: Try to stay in 5th floor or up if you wish to have a nice view !
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank drshervin
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2013

In March 2013 we had wonderful holiday in Antalya, staying two weeks at the luxourious Ramada Plaza Hotel. The hotel contributed greatly to the success of our holiday. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and always spotlessly cleaned.
The Reception Staff and Guest Relations Staff are all polite, friendly and helpful, keeping visitors fully informed and helping with any enquiries.
All the resteraunts are well managed, providing delicious food with great variety and choice. The bar staff were very attentive to everyone's needs, providing excellent personal service.
A relaxing, pleasurable atmosphere can be found in the Leisure Centre which is fully equiped, the Haman is an absolute delight which we enjoyed on our daily visits. We must mention the convienient location of the hotel which is within walking distance to the town and harbour, the nostalgia tramway, shops and cafes.
Thank you to all the Staff who worked so hard to make our stay such a pleasant experience. We are looking forward to our next visit to the Ramada Plaza. (Inshallah).

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mahdi E
dubai
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I spent my first night at the Ramada in the Divan Hotel, more or less next door - as the Ramada had overbooked for night 1. Not the best start - but the manager kindly offered a full board status for the inconvenience of being turfed out at 9 pm. However, this is a bit of a 2-edged sword - as full board comes with full dining room and a buffet reminiscent of Butlins - but of course with some colour (not taste) of Turkish delights. My advice is to leave a jacket on your seat - as mine had already been taken by others, no doubt hoping to eat sitting down - between my error of choosing the sloppy scrambled eggs and my attempt to find something I wanted to eat among the piled up choices. I gave up and instead I checked out the exit in case of an emergency at rush eating hour. Not encouraging. I also tried dinner on the first night - which, by the quality of choices - seems to aim at buffet quantity - perhaps for a package tour market - rather than for those looking for a quiet yummy meal in attractive surroundings.
The positives: smart, modern room, comfortable bed, small balcony with a view of the sea if you have a long neck that can crane a bit (view of apartment blocks if not), nice smelling toiletries in a well designed bathroom, and good staff attention at room level. Other negatives – noise from current building work, infuriating wifi that comes in and goes out - or rather - stays out like the tide at the holiday camp I went to many years ago. There's no access to the beach - but there is a good pool with a great view. And would I recommend it? If you have the sort of cash that can afford a 5 star hotel along a beach front - I'd look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Always mark your spot in the dining room with book or item of clothing - or you may find a couple wi...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank deeveedubai
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We stayed at the Ramada for a week at the end of March 2013. We chose It as we wanted to be in the heart of Antalya and old town.

the rooms are very nice , comfort and big the bar has a wide selection of free drinks (we were ultra inclusive), the staff were not friendly and helpful:((((((
the indoor facilities ; pool is good but game room is poor ;
the food was of a very good and there was a wide selection on offer for breakfast, lunch and dinner....

For UALL , only Mood Resturant was free and for more resturant should be pay .

No information for daily tour and no tour giude . that was a bad point and we were disappointed...

Finally the location - exactly what we wanted! is the best :)
walking along the main street with the old harbour and old town.

Finaly , wearher in the end of march was very nice ....

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Marjyva
Kyrenia, Cyprus
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Four adults and two children aged 6...

We stayed at the Ramada for a week at the beginning of February 2013. We chose The Ramada as we wanted to be in the heart of Antalya and not stuck in some resort out of season.

From the moment we arrived we was not disappointed... the rooms are first class, the hotel itself is stunning, the bar has a wide selection of free drinks (we were ultra inclusive), the staff were very friendly and helpful, the indoor facilities (Pool, Sauna, Turkish baths, Gym, etc.) were second to none, the food was of a very high standard and there was a wide selection on offer for breakfast, lunch and dinner.... all in all everything was first class.

If I was to be very picky I would say that the games room was a bit of a shambles (but it was out of season) and we were very disappointed to find that, despite paying extra for ultra inclusive, we had to pay for our drinks in the Italian restaurant. As part of the ultra inclusive package you get one meal in one of the A la Carte restaurants - however you only get your first drink free and that doesn't even include wine (just beer or soft drinks). Going for an Italian we wanted wine so purchasing 2 bottles of red between 4 of us wasn't cheap at hotel prices! We could have eaten out somewhere for the same price.... We have stayed at other ultra inclusive hotels in Turkey and generally they give two restaurant meals a week and drinks are completely free.

This is what gave my Title to this post a 'well almost' comment... however I must say that it was a minor thing and we will 100% be going back to the Ramada again in the future.

Finally the location - exactly what we wanted! in two minutes you are walking along the coastal parks with the old harbour and the end of a ten minute stroll. Loads of shops and bars are just two minutes walk away, as are the trams which will take you all over Antalya for just 1.5tl. The only thing we went to that was a bit further out was the new Aquarium they have opened which is the biggest in Europe by all accounts - just twenty minutes by taxi and well worth the trip.

We spent half our time using the excellent indoor facilities and half the time exploring Antalya... and ALL the time having a wonderful week away.

Enjoy..........