“Beautiful hotel, right in the heart of the old town”
Review of Deja Vu

Deja Vu
Ranked #65 of 228 Hotels in Antalya
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful hotel, right in the heart of the old town”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I had an amazing stay at Deja Vu in July 2012. I only stayed for one night, but the hotel was so welcoming. I arrived about 11am expecting to just leave my luggage but the room was already available for me. I also then paid a small additional amount to keep my room until 6pm the next day when I needed to leave for the airport. I'd booked a single room but they upgraded me to a double room which looked out to the bay. The room was a decent size and very clean with three windows so it was very light and sunny. The decoration is a little bit twee but the bed was comfy and the bathroom was great. The courtyard and the pool were really beautiful and I enjoyed sun bathing and dipping in the pool (it's not really that long to swim but perfect to cool down). The staff were all amazingly helpful and spoke great english. The manager was particularly helpful and friendly and helped with posting postcards and sorted my trip to the airport. I would thoroughly recommend staying here and would certainly visit again if I was in Antalya.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank kate0182

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
bedfordshire
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I'd been to Antalya once before, and I know it can be hard to find the hotels in the centre, so I asked for a pickup at the airport. A great decision, the manager was so friendly. We wanted to visit Side, Aspendos and Pergamon but were worried that we wouldn't have time, as we were then travelling onwards to Gerome to see cappadocia. The manager arranged a brilliant day trip for us to see everything in the area and arranged a taxi to take us to Antalya bus station for the overnight bus to Cappadocia.

The pool and garden were absolutely lovely. The only slight downside was that there was a noisy bar nearby. Not the fault of the hotel, but you might want to take ear plugs.

A great choice for Antalya, I'd visit again :)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sandra_flitwick
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

Absolutely fabulous Boutique hotel. Stayed for 3 nights in Antyala on our wonderful vacation in Turkey in This fabulous place.

Upon check in we were given room 208, which later we found out to be the largest room in the place with a fabulous view of not only the ocean but 2 pools along with parts of the old city.

The staff is amazing

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Paul_Phelan
mpls
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this cute and charming hotel. I agree with the other review about the difficulty of driving into the old city but that would be true of any hotel in the this area. We finally had to ask at taxi driver to "escort" us there and in truth we never would have found it on our own. Again, not the hotels fault and they did provide us with free parking once we arrived. A rare thing in old town. Having said all that we had a fantastic stay. The manager upgraded our room as it was the slow season and the room had a gorgeous view of the sea. It was furnished beautifully and was comfortable , clean and cozy. The breakfast was very good and staff was helpful on all fronts. I would stay there again for sure! A great area to walk in with nice restaurants and shopping. The ambience of old town can't be beat!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank barbara f
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2012

First of all, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DRIVE HERE. It wasn't the hotel's fault really, but we made the mistake of driving directly to the hotel which is in the middle of the old city (a tangle of narrow, pedestrian, one-way streets, half of which you can't drive down). Not sure why the hotel even mentions they have on-site parking as it is nearly impossible to get there. BUT, if you parked outside the old city and walked in (as we should have), you would find a lovely little boutique hotel which is very well located and reasonably priced (it was the off-season, though, not sure what their prices are like in the high season). The rooms were a bit small, but not impossibly so, and I thought the atmosphere and furniture were very nice. I will say that this was probably the least rave-worthy level of service we received while in Turkey (everywhere else we got the impression that a very very high level of service from hotel staff is the norm). They watched us struggle with our bags going up the stairs and didn't even offer to help our grandmother with hers. Very odd. But otherwise no complaints.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Neysa0301
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed here for a week, and can highly recommend it. The staff are truly excellent. The location is perfect (3 minute walk to the Old Harbour, in the heart of the Old Town). The room and hotel are very nicely decorated (our room was spacious and had a sea view to the side). The breakfast was lovely - overall, this was brilliant value for money in our opinion. The only thing to bear in mind is that it can be noisy at night. This would be an issue for any hotel in the Old Town - we were there through Eid and Republic Day, two of the biggest celebrations in Turkey - so I am sure this partly explains it. All in all, we would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Scootar123
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 20 October 2012

When you pay a huge money for a room smaller than my bathroom at home, that could of course become a chaotic. In 30 years of business and personal travel, not sure Ive stayed in a smaller room. Dont mind if you advertise as the "smallest room we have" ... but when you dont -I think thats a little dodgy.... At least be honest with your advertsiing Dejavu!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple