“Receptionist was rude”

Harrington Park Resort
Ranked #88 of 232 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We booked this hotel by directly calling and talking to the hotel staff on the phone (not from booking or any other web site). We stayed for a week on a national Turkish holiday (kurban bayrami) in October 2013. The price they offered us on the phone was very close (comparable) to the price on the booking web site. So we made our reservation, and arrived at the hotel the next day.

I'm Turkish and have lived abroad for 9 years and have been living in Turkey since 2011. So I have a range of hotel experience from all over the world. The receptionist was taking care of us when we arrived there and he was okay until he looked at the bill and told us the total that we were supposed to pay. He said "oh they gave you a very low price, the guys I just took care of paid almost 50% more than this". We were surprised because we never got a such a response from any receptionist from any hotel in the world before. Then I said "the price was almost the same that the booking gave online, besides this is the price that the hotel staff themselves offered". He looked disappointed as if he owned the hotel and sold a service to a price much lower than he wanted to. This was so unprofessional and we shouldn't face such an approach in a so called 5-star hotel.

Other than this receptionist guy, the rest of stay was okay. The staff were cheerful and willing to take care of things to make our stay comfortable. The sea-view was spectacular and was only a few meters away from the hotel. The amenities were good. The exercise room was also handy if you are into it.

The only thing I should comment so that young couples will be aware is the following. There are a lot of elderly people staying in and only a few young guests. I'm not sure if this was a seasonal thing (since we stayed there in autumn and don't know how it is in the summer). I believe those elderly people were traveling within Turkey since there are tour buses coming in bring new people every evening and leaving the next day.

Room Tip: Sea-view side is awesome.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mr T

Reviewed 29 October 2013

This is a very good hotel, well designed, elegant and very sumptuous but lacking in some areas, there is no atmosphere at all, the service is average but friendly, it's disorganized with meal times bring messy and chaotic, there is a lack of choice in terms of food and not enough staff on hand to make it a good dining experience, ordering drinks with meals is a joke, unless you are in the bar or order room service don't bother.. Upon arrival check your room properly, fridge not stocked, broken lock on the door and very, very mouldy fruit in the fruit plate.
The hotel has a new feel to it and it still has things it needs to work on before it can really stand out as a five star hotel.

Room Tip: Great views from upper floor rooms on front or sides of hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pure007
Reviewed 21 September 2013

It was really amaizing, every thing was more than you expect. You don't need to leave the hotel for any reasons, and you don't like too.
I strongly advise it. The price through Skoosh was more than fair

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

The view was outstanding from the room balcony , clean and big hotel , the food was not that much good and not much varieties , the private beach was good and the passage tunnel is a vey good idea, but in total it was a very good hotel

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Radwa-Elshenawy
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Location, clean and spacious room, elegant hotel, private beach are the all pluses but...
Terrible recepcionists! Also, even tough is a 5* Hotel you need to stand in a long line to get a drink on a pool, in the restaurant, anywhere! There is no bar on the beach. You need to go back to the hotel, wait in a line for quite a while just to get a bottle of watter...
By room and hotel design it could pass as 4* maybe low 5* hotel but in terms of service it's one of the worst hotel I have even been to.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Zorana1981
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Just returned back from Harrington Park, we went for 7 days myself, partner and 3 year old daughter. The hotel is beautiful and was very clean. Our room was extremley comfortable we had a double bed each, which my daughter loved. I thought the food was lovely, yes it's not English food but all was hot and cooked to a high standard. There a few things that can be improved. Unfortunately there isn't any entertainment but actually we coped, my daughter was happy to play on the playground and run around the large patio area at the back. There isn't a kids club so we had the pool, the shingle beach ( which I didn't mind, which I thought I would). There is a Aquapark down the road and dolphin centre, get a taxi and organise the trip yourself it cost us half the amount that the hotel was asking for. All in all not that much to do as a family but enjoyed the holiday, but wouldn't go back purely for this reason. We were the only English in the hotel but that didn't bother me, we meet some very friendly people. Some people are completely covered up when swimming, but I always wore a bikini and had no issues, I did put on a long tshirt dress when walking around the hotel but again no issues.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Emeraldlisabell
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Wanting to stay in different parts of Antalya I wish I never picked this hotel as it was the worst experience, this place was a joke!
For starters the definition of resort is not this hotel. The whole decor is brown and they leave the lights off which makes the whole place look old and like a dungeon.
There is no customer service at all, there is no one to help you with your bags which is customary in Turkish hotels especially if rated 5 star!
Reception is a fight for attention, don't bother waiting your turn just push in like everyone else because even though you are being served they stop with you to attend the person that just pushes in and starts talking!
The rooms are supposed to be non smoking according to the hotel yet there is an ash tray in each room and if the smell of the room doesn't disgust you then its the blend with perfume they use to try and disguise the smell.
The food is not nice and same thing served every morning.
Don't ask the staff for the cost of anything as they tell you its Lira then you are charged in Euro and they turn around and say they never said it was Lira you must have misunderstood. Quite a pathetic excuse when I speak fluent Turkish! Take note Everything is charged in Euro at this hotel!
The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, on the outskirt of Antalya city you are across the road from one of its beautiful beaches and thats the only positive thing I can say but even thats not enough to recommend here! To get to anywhere you need to get a bus or taxi.
A shame if this was your first visit to Antalya or Turkey as it would leave a bad taste and you never would appreciate the beauty of Antalya, pick somewhere else from the reviews on tripadvisor as there are plenty more resorts and hotels out there that are truly spectacular.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends