“Worth a visit”

Ranked #20 of 228 Hotels in Antalya
Aberdeen
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in June 2013 and returned for new year 2014. Both stays were excellent, the hotel was clean and the staff very friendly, despite the language barrier. Most of the staff spoke English or wanted to speak to you in order to improve their English. If only we were as eager to learn another language.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone considering a week in Antalya. We have already booked to go back for new year 2015. Just a pity the weather isn't guaranteed at that time of year.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank DonsRed

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Tehran
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Since we have been in many 5 star hotels in Lara & Belek during last 6-7 years ( like: voyage , Calista, Rixos, Delphin imperial& Diva, Baia ,...etc),this review might be a little bit critical, !!!
Oh yeh! Hotel is beautiful & luxurious ,  big chandeliers  you see in  Ioby , classy decoration ... , clean and spotless gardens , pools,...which we used to see in all luxury hotels in the area.
What  makes the  difference between these 5 stars ? I think:  Details & also top qualified service you recieve , .. ofcourse  it depends on your expectation & taste.
First impression was the  Receptionist who pushed us to choose family room instead of two double because they overbooked the hotel !! We were tired so accepted just for one night, &they promised to change it next day morning which they didn't !! So I asked for the manager and  they apologized and changed rooms  ! It shows poor   management when you pay in january and make the reservation for march!!!
Staff? really  hard working , lovely ,& always smiling,... bar tenders also the same but not professional ones, although  they always tried to do their best.!
Entertainment team? one of the best , specially Jack who downloaded the Adel song for my daughter at Karoek night( although it was not in the list.( details as I said !!)  and other ones , they  prepared diffrent shows for each night....
Drinks? Branded but it was much  better in Voyage Belek.
At last the poor wifi which was awful ...
With my all respect to Royal holiday  ,  I don't recommend this hotel to my friends , although we spent a great holiday there, for one week,  but could  get better service with same price in other hotels.!
 But,Hope you enjoy your holiday !

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank ElyTehran
Downham Market, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is the 3rd time we have been to this hotel in a year. And we weren't disappointed. The welcome by the reception staff was wonderful. Our room was lovely with a basket of fruit and wine in our room as well as a welcome card. It was out 3rd time so we had added extras such as complimentary al la carte meals. They were superb, thank you to all the managers and waiters in the al la carte.

The bar staff were wonderful all very polite, service wonderful, they treated us like royalty. The spa was also wonderful, yup pricey, but was a treat. The animation team were fab too, as well as guest relations.

The only let down was that it was Iranian new year. These people were very rude to both staff and other guests. They got drunk and became abusive, and were very rude to the staff. They soiled the toilets, and were generally not very nice generally. It made young brits on tour seem very tame. I had one Iranian man, shout at me that he didn't like my government.

It was a shame as that put a dampener on the holiday. We have decided not to go back in March again. However we have booked again to go back in November. I might add that all the hotels in Lara had the same problem as we knew a couple that were staying in a different hotel, and they said the same, and were having the same problems.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter, it is worth paying extra for a sea view. Don't go in March.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Blonndemadwife
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was our first visit to Turkey we stayed in this hotel between 25th March and 2nd April 2014. It's hard to know where to start as I loved every single moment in this hotel and believe me I am very particular about hotels.
The hotel visually is very beautiful and exceptionally clean everywhere, they have an amazing team of staff who do an incredible job of keeping all of the operations of the hotel running so smoothly. The management team obviously do an exceptional job it was extremely impressive to watch as I myself am in the hospitality industry in London. The selection and quality of the food was incrediblel!!. I don't eat meat although I do eat fish and there was always something really nice for me to eat at any time of the day. That's another thing you can get food at any time of the day and all of the food was very fresh. The food was replenished constantly without any fuss at all. It was so refreshing to see........and the deserts wow!! believe the pictures its all very real. The chefs are absolutely outstanding!!
We had a lovely spacious room that was very clean, the bed was very comfortable. The housekeepers were all so lovely and do a great job. The guest relations officer called me twice during my stay to see if there was anything I required!! I've never experienced that before.
The Front of house manager and reception staff were always very helpful even at the busiest of times.
The waiters were all incredibly professional and very polite so I have to mention two who really stood out for me who contributed to our wonderful experience at the hotel. They were 'Recep Yenilmez' who always had a table ready for us on arrival for dinner and 'Soner Ay (Speedy') who was so wonderful with keeping us a table for the evening entertainment and remembering our drinks order from our first evening.
All of the front line staff work incredibly hard and do a fantastic job.
The shops in the hotel are lovely my fav was 'Starbags & Shoes' the owner Omer was very helpful. I had been to many of the shops and Malls in the area but was very happy to do business with him as I never felt pressured to buy anything as I did in some of the bazaars and malls.
The hotel does have wifi and also has computer access in the games room which was essential for me to use,and the gentleman who provided that internet service was also very helpful with a great sense of humour:)
At the poolside the waiters are on roller skates and come and take your orders, The beach was beautiful and the view of mountains rolling into the sea was absolutely spectacular.
Note: Please iron your clothes before you travel as I forgot to so and they do not allow irons in the hotel rooms but there is an excellent ironing service. I opted for the next day service and I was fortunate to receive my beautifully ironed clothes late the same evening. Thank you house keeping ladies.
The hotel is very family orientated and there's a huge amount for the kids to do.
I honestly cannot say enough about this hotel only that I am booking my return visit in September and my mother is also doing the same and inviting her friends.
Thank you to all of Management and staff at the Royal Holiday Palace for our lovely holiday.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Denise S
uk
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Everything was just fantastic about the hotel, from the staff to the rooms and food. Staff - always pleasant and can't do enough for you - the waiters are especially friendly and will make you special drinks after your meal. The entertainment team are super welcoming and friendly and the Micheal Jackson show was very good.

The food was great and as a vegetarian who doesn't eat fish I was a bit concerned that I would end up eating chips all holiday but I only had them once because they looked so good! So much choice and you never have the same food 2 nights running. I was amazed at the honey comb at breakfast that you just cut a bit off and eat?? The patisserie and cake bars are out of a Parisan patisserie - they really are that good and you can't believe that are part of the all inclusive - you would expect to have to pay for these!

The rooms are extremly large and the baths are long and deep. Very posh bedding etc..

The pools are great and the staff rollerskate over with your drinks order! We just got back from 30 degree heat which was beautiful!

Plenty of shops along the lara strip and don't go by any of the prices in the shops as they are all prepared to negoiate. Go into the Kundu shopping centre up the road from the hotel and they sell the trips to the turkish baths - €20 for 2 hours including the bus and it's in Lara town 20 mins away. We went to the Market on Wednesday - get on the LC 07 bus on the main street on the opposite side - takes 20min and €2pp per way - quite a good selection.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Oshel
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

I've been in the Royal terrible holidays hotel last week of March 2014 (Nowrooz Persian Holidays) with my family. At the check in the receptionist told me that any room is not ready and we should wait 1 hr, however it was 7 hours waiting in the lobby with a 5 yrs old daughter. It got worse when a German family came in the hotel and after less than 5 mins received their room. Behavior of receptionists were completely different with Germans and Russians vs Iranians. Most of the personnels of hotel didn't know English and you should have spoken in Turkish, Russian or German. Most of the sections of hotel were not working ( like lunapark which we promised our child before ). Outdoor area of hotel is very boring and full of nothing.
You definitely find better resort in Lara beach.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Navid388
portsmouth
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This is one of the best hotels in Turkey the decor is classy the staff are fantastic the food is not bad named drinks fast service ,just don't go the last week of March all the hotels on the strip at Lara are full of Iranians celebrating their new year and something called the purge ? They are rude to everyone including the staff they try to shove you out of the way,kids run riot and destroy everything,there are some classy Iranians who said they were disgusted by their own fellow countrymen,We felt sorry for the staff here,Would I recommend this Hotel the answer is YES in a heartbeat any of the other 51 weeks

Room Tip: Sea view up high
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends