“Brilliant - best service ever”

Royal Holiday Palace
Ranked #18 of 230 Hotels in Antalya
Cambridge UK
“Brilliant - best service ever”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We pretty knew what to expect of this hotel. It was our 8th time to Turkey, 6th to Antalya, 4th time to Lara beach and second visit to a Stone group hotel having stayed at the Royal Wings.
I won't go into too much detail as much has been said before but I really couldn't fault this hotel. If I tried I could nitpick that perhaps the pool toilets weren't checked regularly enough and they sometimes ran out of paper and I perhaps a 5* hotel shouldn't be using chipped crockery and glasses but that is basically all I could complain about.

This hotel has the friendliest staff we have ever come across and their English is certainly of a good standard or good enough to communicate. Apart from a couple of waiters in the main restaurant of an evening (middle section near back) all staff were really efficient.

The entertainment team was the largest we've eve come across with 22 of them. We didn't particularly get involved with activities but many of them got to know us just by having a friendly chat as they passed. All the team work really hard and are in the shows each night too. The shows aren't of professional quality but when you think that the staff rehearse until early in the morning and then are back to work at 10am every day you have to forgive them. One surprise was that we had met the entertainment manager Mustafa and his wife Amandine who runs mini club at a hotel in Bodrum 4 years ago. They remembered us and our now older children loved going into mini club after not being that interested in the last couple of years as Amandine organised interesting activities for them rather than just the usual colouring.

We had a fantastic room. Having paid for a sea view with Thomas Cook we were a little doubtful that we would actually get one. But we did and it must have been the best room of that grade as it was dead centre of the hotel overlooking the pool. Be prepared for some noise if you have a pool facing room but to be honest the majority of the noise comes form the neighbouring Melas hotel who seemed to have very few guests interested in the entertainment and tried to make up for it with volume.

If you have any hesitations about this hotel then forget them and get booking. I'm happy to answer questions if you'd like to message me.
We'd love to go back but since next year one of the children will be 10 it means a different rooms category which might be too expensive for us.

Enjoy!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank kimmy12CambridgeUK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I went there with my wife and also one other couple, everything was great until maid stole my wife's 3 very valuable rings, when security came they said that they believe their staff, i was SHOCKED, they didnt even try to talk to anyone, they just wrote some report, and nothing happened..this hotel has ruined my holiday..

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Haris R
liverpool
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Returned to the wonderful royal holiday palace for a 4th time. This place never fails to impress. Nilay looked after us as she always does with a smile. Travelled with my wife and children aged 3 and 8; and with my friend, his wife and 9 year old. This place is luxurious for families, couples, singles, everyone!
Will be returning next year for number 5!
Thank you again Nilay and all the wonderful staff!

Stayed June 2014
7 Thank LiverpoolLee123
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Great points
1. Staff are very friendly and great with kids.
2. Facilities are absolutely fantastic, it's a child's paradise.
3. The hotel is spotless.
4. Rooms are spacious.
5. Pools are again spotless.
We have a 5 year old daughter again she had a ball. She loved the mini disco.

Points to note
Food, don't get me wrong food was good and for all inclusive but I do understand what some people said about the food, if anything we got a bit bored. We did eat in the Al A Carte restaurants and they were great. The salads, fruit, cakes and breads were amazing but we found some of the meat a little over cooked. Saying this I don't think you could find any better value for all inclusive anywhere in the world.

We were on the 8th floor and slept well, but like other people have said if your on the lower floors you can hear the disco.

There is free wifi in reception and corridors above reception, bit it's very slow.
Would I go back again? Yes I would.

Room Tip: Get the higher up floors, pool side.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Glenvine32
devon uk
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

this hotel should be proud of everyone of their staff for their hard work to make this hotel so perfect from the reception, to customer service, bar staff ,all of the food venues outside and in cleaners outside inside and rooms and all of the entertainment team and any others I might have overlooked .I want to say a very BIG thank you.i was there with my family 11 of us , I am 64 and have been many places in the world at lots of top hotels but none beat this one as there is usually always a little something not right but here I could not find ANYTHING .whatever you have done to get all of the staff in one place keep them as it is PERFECT as it is .thank you once again for a wonderful holiday

• Stayed May 2014
6 Thank jennyrose62
England
Reviewed 3 June 2014

me and 10 other of my family arrived here may 14th and from that day until we left on may 27th we were treated with nothing but respect everybody was so kind. we were supposed to be staying at sherwood breezes but due to the reconstruction we were moved to royal holiday palace and I am so glad we were was the best holiday ever! I myself am 7 half months pregnant and even everybody made sure it was enjoyable for me the entertainment team were one in a million so friendly and kind I dont see how anyone can even moan about this hotel definitely will be returning! Thank you to everybody for making us have such a perfect holiday

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank rosiecarew
Livingston
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is without doubt one of the best hotels carrying a 5* rating i have stayed at.

We had room 1830 @ the front of the hotel which was very cool as it get no direct sun light just what we wanted and needed as the room Air Con is not switched on till the outside Temp. reaches a certain point, or so we were told.

Very big room, kept very clean and mini-bar topped up as and when required with soft drinks and Bottled Water.

We had to ask at the one of the bars downstairs for milk for the room ( Powdered Milk Crap) and extra coffee as two sachets a day not enough for me .

Food it is excellent, in quality, variety , very hygienic don't think it is possible to get a complaint from any one of any religion it has everything you could eat or drink 24/7

Staff are superb, a real credit to the Hotel.

Pools are pristine very very clean with great service from the roller blade brigade taking your orders with a smile

didn't like the beach for walking on all shingle and a short distance from the hotel the beach is dirty and covered in debris , not i have to say our hotels area is is very clean.

we had a late flight home and had to pay 10 euros per hr to keep the room after the 12 o,clock check out

The Gym would put the Air Con on made it very uncomfortable to exercise in and the indoor
pool was freezing, this should be heated up I think was about 4 people in it the 7 days I was there .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple