“Amazing 5* Family Hotel”

Royal Holiday Palace
Ranked #17 of 230 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed 17 August 2014

First of all do not listen to the Negative Reviews, this hotel is truly exceptional and warrants the 5* Rating. First stayed at this hotel in August 2013 so impressed returned August 2014 with my partner and 2 Children 3&7. I will start by commenting on some of the negative reviews left by others, this is a FAMILY hotel if you do not like children or if children bother you why go to a Family hotel with a Water Park, Fun Fair & Kids Club does this not tell you that there will be children at this hotrel? Having stayed at this hotel on two occasions I have never seen staff unavailable to collect the luggage even when arriving late at night staff were very efficient in collecting our luggage from the bus and direct to our room. Reception staff have always been well mannered and polite. Rooms are very large and spotlessly clean with very nice décor and outstanding Air-Conditioning. The restaurant is huge with plenty of selection did not have a bad meal during our stay, yes food does get spilled on the floor which is immediately cleaned up. Being a family hotel you are going to get a lot of children moving about the restaurant, but there is an adult only section available if you feel the need to avoid children. A couple of reviews have moaned about the delay in the live cooking areas, if you want fresh food cooked to your taste it is obvious there is going to be a wait, good quality food takes time to cook, if you do not have the time to wait use the buffet section. Swimming pool is huge with plenty of sun beds, a nice touch by the hotel sun beds can not be reserved before 9am, if towels are left unattended they will be removed this stops mass reservations of the sunbeds. The pool area is spotlessly clean staff are constantly circulating the pool areas cleaning I have never witnessed any rubbish around the pool side that is not immediately cleaned. The Wi-Fi is not the best at the hotel but I think this is due to the amount of people trying to use it, late at night there were no issues accessing the Wi-Fi. I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel and I will be returning for my 3rd stay next year, I have stayed in two other hotels in Lara beach, Baia Lara & Delphin Diva this hotel out performed both based on our family needs. Do not be put off by some negative reviews having read the comments they must have stayed in a different hotel to me. This is a genuine and honest review.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
12  Thank Aimee C
There are newer reviews for Royal Holiday Palace

Reviewed 16 August 2014

First, it's important to define the type of experience people are looking at when booking this hotel. The understanding of a 5 star hotel is way different from a Ritz Carlton to Royal Holiday Palace type of hotels. Personally, it was the first time I understood that within the 5 stars category you can have 1* to 5* with Royal Holiday being 1*.

We went there on a family vacation for 4 nights paying 310euros/night. The idea we had about this hotel was a quite place with a beach access that would enable us to relax, a romantic place where we would drink our cocktail in the swimming pool or enjoy a peaceful dinner. Rooms confortable enough to relax after a day at the beach. and BOOM ! This hotel was everything else but what we expected. You should have seen our face when we saw the room, swimming pool, beach beds etc.

Our experience was a disaster from the check-in till the end.

Pros:
- Huge swimming pool
- Good entertainment team and activities

Cons:
- Worst service you can ever get in a hotel. When we arrived, nobody was there to get our bags until we have to ask. Desk agent are unfriendly and completely out of the reality service in a 5 stars hotel with a desk manager saying: Sorry, I'm jut a receptionist I can't help you.

- Rooms are big but furniture, decoration, beds, TV, bathrooms seem to have been created in the 17th century. We entered our room and had a bad smell of cigarette & moisture, an extra bed unfolded, bed sheets not done. a disaster. When we asked to meet the Manager, she came changed our room with exactly the same one in a different floor. We expressed our disappointment for the quality of the rooms and all what she has to say is: If you're not happy, leave the hotel.

- Food : Despite the fact that the buffet is massive with a large variety of food, a restaurant open for 1:30min at lunch serving 1,700 people can give you an idea about how the experience might be. Food everywhere on the floor, hundreds kids running in the restaurant, plates where food is displayed completely dirty, people tasting the food with their fingers, grrr unbelievable.

- Swimming pool is big but not for 1,700 guests. Kids are running everywhere all the day. As 90% of hotel guest are on Full inclusive, you can see food all around the Swimming Pool, drinks all the way on the floor, tables etc. Disgusting.

In summary, it's a hotel that have 600 rooms with 1,700 guest, all Full Inclusive. It might be a good hotel if you have a family of 4 and wanna squeeze in the same room but if you're a couple looking for a peaceful place to stay, this is definitely not your place.

Everything is made to make you feel cheap: No bath robes in the room, Get charged if you dare to ask for an extra towel, shops selling fake branded bags LV, YSL, Prada etc. , no WIFI access in the room, excel sheets hanged at the elevator...

I will never ever go back to this hotel and wouldn't recommend anyone spending their hardly saved money on this type of experience.

Room Tip: Don't spend your hardly worked money in this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Salim M
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed for one night at this hotel and then we talk to manager to shift us to royal & eve hotel.the first thing I see is very crowded hotel for this month. Lobby decoration was excellent and very clean.staff are good but not perfect.
Foods are disaster and you should get reservation to go extra restaurants.
Room air conditioner, it doesn't work very well.sea view is very nice for this hotel.room design is very poor and amenities are good.
For transfer is very close to airport and around 50 TL.finally, I would like to say, this hotel is good for parents who has children and if you are couple should choose another.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bahman e
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We enjoyed our 10 day stay @ Royal Holiday Palace very much, great place to be, great food choice every day, very clean and neat, and very friendly place to be. Kids loved the pool and the beach as well which by the way has a little area as a playground with plenty of toys.
The only two things I need to mention I didn't expect to find there were very slippery floors ( wet ) during the day and no internet connection on my room. I had to go close by the elevator to get Wi-Fi. Kids kept falling while walking and thank god no one ended up with broken bones. Hopefully they will improve it.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vina L
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Go to this hotel every May and can not fault it at all.Food and drink really good lovely relaxing holiday.Once you are on your 3rd visit you can visit the A la carte restaurants all week,so instead of the one free visit you get you get to visit all of them once and they are all fabulous

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Rrrtw
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Excellent, Clean, Plenty of Food and Drink. Beautiful hotel, luxurious, very grand, Modern, spacious clean rooms, We found the outside pool area a bit cramped and the buffet area cramped compared to the Royal Dragon and Royal Wings, too cramped people almost walking into each other. The beach bar is situation at the end of a jetty so its a bit of walk from the sand all the way to the end of the jetty if you are going to get drinks, in the Royal Dragon the beach bar is on the sand part, I found that easier. The hotel is extremely clean and felt like a proper five star hotel. You are also provided with beach towels and pool towels so less luggage to take from the UK. Beach loungers also provided. There are bars, ice-cream bar (only open at certain times), kebab bar, donut/fruit bar (change everyday) around the pool area. There is another hut where two ladies sit and make crepes for you, pizza also available in there. Inside huge grand buffet, separate bakery/cake shop - all included. There is a night restaraunt if you get hungry! all inclusive mini bar in your room. Once you get there you can relax and don't have to worry about running high bills or paying for aqua parks or food/drink on the beach etc. The service with the waiter depends on who you get as this is the case at any hotel, we didn't get very good service. O - when it says all inclusive it really was as we did not have to pay extra for anything and it was definitely a five star hotel. Please note we stayed here in October 2012

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Faz01
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is a gorgeous hotel with lovely pools. Great facilities including water slides & small children's fair. My son loved the mini disco which takes place every night 8.30-9pm, I feel this should be an hour long as my son was just getting started then the disco was over.
Adult evening entertainment was poor, not through lack of trying by the entertainment team, I think they just need new material!!
I am a fussy eater but could always find something to eat, we eat in the main buffet restaurant for breakfast & evening meal, and just had a snack at lunchtime. Next to the mini pool they serve, waffles, pizza, toasties, kebabs, ice cream, hotdogs, fruit (all at different intervals between 12-5pm) the kebabs were lovely and the pitta bread freshly baked. The staff work extremely hard to keep the complex clean & our room was cleaned and fresh towels & toiletries replaced.
I would recommend the piano bar, it is on reception level and serves fab cocktails, it opens at 5.30 pm till midnight, the waitress there is fab, there is a selection of non-alcoholic & children's cocktails, I recommend the piña colada & San Francisco cocktails. We went every evening before the mini disco, great wifi reception there to enable the kids a play on there iPads or access to twitter/internet etc.
The only issue I have with this hotel is the lack of English, at times I felt sorry for my son in the pool with the other children constantly asking the other kids if they were English, the majority of visitors seem to be Russian. It was very hot as we visited from 21-28th July so if the heat is your thing you will be happy here it was on average 42 degrees in the day and 30 degrees at night.
Due to the lack of English & heat we will not be returning, but I would definitely recommend this hotel to others who can cope with the heat & don't mind that English holidayers are in the minority.
On the whole beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: We were on level 1 which was fab.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family