“Termessos ( outside of Antalya ) with Aykut” 5 of 5 bubbles

Turkey Explorer Archaeological & Cultural Trips
Ranked #9 of 53 Tours in Antalya
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Aykut Altınışık is a Turkish archaeologist who has worked on many archaeological excavations and has extensive experience as a tour guide in Turkey. Aykut founded Turkey Explorer, a registered travel agent and tour company that arranges private archaeological and cultural tours around Turkey. Aykut offers private tours in Turkey that have a distinctive local experience; allowing you to discover the country’s ancient wonders through the eyes of a local archaeologist. You will explore the best preserved ancient cities, world heritage sites, natural wonders. For a personal and local experience, contact Aykut.Our private or small group Turkey tour dates: 11 APR- 25 APR, 2015 and 12 SEP-26 SEP, 2015. We arrange unique private tours in Turkey for more than 15 years.We are specialized in custom made archaeological tours in Turkey..Our tours are offer archaeology, culture,walking and gastronomy. We arrange escorted private Turkey tours which includes Istanbul,Ephesus,Cappadocia and other highlights of Turkey.We visit local villages and eat traditional lunch and dinners outside the hotels.We can design the best custom tour together with you based on your travel style and your preferences.
Gothenburg, Västra Götaland, Sweden
“Termessos ( outside of Antalya ) with Aykut”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Thank you Aykut for our lovely trip to Termessos.
To visit the fantastic Pisidian city high up in the mountain was lovely, and well spent time.
The view of this city that Alexander the Great surrounded in 333 BC was fantastic.
Aytuk, with our excellent historical knowledge you almost brought us back to this time

Best regards!
Anna & Conny from Sweden

Visited October 2013
Sailingworld, Owner at Turkey Explorer Archaeological & Cultural Trips, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for your nice words.We had a great trip to Termessos in Antalya.I hope to see you in Turkey again..
All the Best

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Unparalleled Professional Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

I highly recommend Aykut. We booked a tour of Istanbul with him for a group of 18 people (my entire family). Aykut sent Necip to take us on the tour as he was booked. Necip was extremely knowledgeable and took us everywhere I had asked. He was so flexible and very very patient with our group. We were not an easy group to deal with as the age range was 23-85! We had a private tour of the bosphorous, our own chartered bus so my grandparents could relax, a great lunch at Hamdi, a visit to the spice market to the best turkish delight store there, and a stop at the most famous baklava stop for locals in Istanbul. I couldn't have asked for a better tour. In addition to this, Aykut booked the airport transfers for our group which were seamless. I highly recommend Aykut and urge you to book with him right away!

Visited September 2013
Sailingworld, Owner at Turkey Explorer Archaeological & Cultural Trips, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your review about our tour in Antalya.I hope to see you in Turkey again.All the Best
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Antalya with Aykut”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

We had two days to see the sights at Perge, Aspendos, Side, Termessos and the lower Duden waterfalls. We had such a wonderful time on both days.  We particularly appreciated Aykut's enthusiasm for the sights we visited, your depth of knowledge and your willingness to answer our questions.

We now have such wonderful memories of exploring Perge, Aspendos, Side and particularly Termessos and an appreciation for the layers of history these sights represented.

We loved the village lunch and seeing the waterfalls.

Thank you Aykut for making these days so enjoyable and memorable.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank KIAdams
Sailingworld, Owner at Turkey Explorer Archaeological & Cultural Trips, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you very much for your review.I wish you all the best and hope to meet again in Turkey..
Granite Bay, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“A Complete & Fulfilling Tour Of Antalya With Aykut”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I had little opportunity to research about the history and background of Antalya before our trip. Normally I will spend a good amount of time trying to garner knowledge about where we will visit and then look for a guide that best suites my and/or my groups needs. In the case of our trip to Antalya it was a last minute change to our cruise itinerary. We were supposed to spend 2 days in Egypt but about 10 days before we were to depart, the cruise line canceled the stops there due to the instability of the region. To say the least, we were a bit disappointed and found out that Antalya was one of our new stops. We were all busy getting ready for the trip and thus didn't have the time to do any research about the new stop at Antalya, Turkey. In fact none of our group had heard about it or the region. Other than a quick glance through Wikipedia, that's all we had time to do. Thus we had a "hole" in our plans. All other stops had detailed itineraries and private guides already booked and scheduled. Although I am not a avid cruiser, I rarely use the tours they make available to the passengers. Maybe in a pinch when as a last resort but usually always a lot of research into trying to find the right itinerary and most importantly the "right" guide.

About 4 days before our stop in Antalya, we decide that the best choice for a guide and the right tour in Antalya would be with a guide named Aykut Altinisik. It looked good and sounded good but with very little time to research our choices, we went with him. We picked his tour the "Ancient Wonders of the Mediterranean with visits to Perge, Aspendos, and the Roman Aqueducts. Well we couldn't have made a better selection. Aykut had all the qualities that make up an excellent tour guide which has the greatest impact on having the best possible tours. I have had over 50 private tours in the last 5 years and he is among the best I have had. I have my own personal rating system with categories such as knowledge, communication skills, personality, flexibility, awareness, pace etc. Aykut received the highest marks across the board. A rare performance to say the least and not done by more than 2 other guides in my past 10 years of travel abroad.

For example he was very aware of the pace at all times and had a keen sense about the individual members of our group. I tend to be on a quicker pace and he was able to find that balance with all of us. We actually had an additional stop to see a National Park in the area with waterfalls and cliffs. He was able to fit in a lunch at a local roadside restaurant if that would it could be called. More like a house with a front patio. Friendly family run and the "local" faire was pretty decent. The experience itself was well worth it. Think there were 3 generations of the family tending to our needs. For those in our group that were extremely interested in the history and architecture of the region and the sites, he didn't miss a beat. He had a warm and friendly demeanor that puts you at ease along with one of the best smiles I've seen on a guide or in fact one of the best one's I have seen period.

On the return to the ship, he discussed his family background and his dreams for the future. I very much appreciated this and he told us about his involvement with owing an interest in a "Gulet Boat" tour company that takes a small number of guests along the coast to see sites that one cannot normally see by land. More custom and much more personal. It sounded so intriguing that it is now on my priority "Bucket List" for upcoming sojourns. I was amiss in not doing this review earlier. Sorry Aykut and hope to see you soon in the future!

Visited October 2012
Campbell River, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Day Tour of Antalya with Aykut Altinisik”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

My wife and I just returned from a day tour of Antalya - interested in seeing the city and exploring its history and local charm - our tour guide, Aykut Altinisik - went out of his way to ensure that all of our expectations were met. Not only is he extremely knowledgable in all aspects of the history of the Middle East & Europe & specifically Turkey and Antalya - but as an archaeologist he explained in great detail the trasformation of this great country from the stone age to the present day. The trip to the Antalya museum and all that it contains was outstanding, and is a must see for anyone touring this city! In addition to all this we were able to explore the very historic old city, the beautiful harbour area, the coastal water falls, and have a wonderful local lunch downtown - that Aykut knew was the best around. Having said all this - he is also a wonderful person - very outgoing and friendly - and genuinely concerned that our experience be a great one.
An exceptional day - thank you Aykut!

Visited July 2013
Thank you for the wonderful words about our trip. I wish you all the best and hope to see you again.Regards