“Great people, great place”

The Suite Apart Hotel
Ranked #10 of 168 Speciality Lodging in Antalya
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed at this apartment hotel for one night at the peak of the July tourist season - myself, my partner and our 9 year old daughter. It is a great place. The layout is charming and very practical. There are two rooms and a sweet little balcony overlooking the pool. The 9 year old was thrilled to stretch out on the comfy sofa bed. The bedroom was fitted with blockout curtains, perfect for us to sleep in. The kitchenette is very useful - a two burner, little fridge, cutlery, tea and coffee. It was great to be able to take advantage of all the beautiful fruit, yoghurt and bread in the little shops and enjoy a quiet breakfast at home. The pool is small but perfect to cool off after sight-seeing. The location is secure feeling, quiet at night, and close to the sights and transport.
The thing that really sets this place apart from others, however, is the kindness and consideration of the owners. They were more than helpful with a late booking, us arriving early, carrying bags to the room, storing our bags at the other end, and making a taxi booking for the airport. Then, when we had a terrible time at the airport with Turkish Airlines refusing to accept part of our baggage, they really did everything that they could to help, showing what true hospitality is! Thanks to you and we recommend your apartments to anyone. You really made our day!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I picked this apartment following the reviews of trip advisor , so I want to be objective on here so people can really make up their mind to stay.
Great things : small and not too many apartments, 6 In Total, very clean throughout complex. On arrival we were met with the owner who was really attentive and his wife also. Gave us a quick overview of the area and a map , told us where the supermarket was.
Nice clean sheets and towels throughout , lovely bathroom and shower. Free air conditioning and a safe that has a key. Nice and easy . Basic utensils to use in Small kitchenette. 2 keys supplied on arrival . Fridge nice and cold with and ice box.
Located Off the side streets , close to the main harbour , and close to the shops and cafe bars, loads to see , never ending streets of shops and restaurants , all open late, bustling in May and weather really nice. Secure complex , gated so nice to feel safe. Nice pool, has the sun until about 2pm so get out early to catch the sun.
Our flights were 10:15pm so as the apartment was empty next day we were able to stay all day at no extra cost. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. They definitely put a lot of effort into ensuring your needs are met.

Cons:
100 meters from the mosque so the 4am call to pray is loud and kept me awake, it's on throughout the day, but this isn't so bad.
It's next door to the primary school so there's a slight bustle of children playing but didn't bother me. The apartments are not right next to them so doesn't seem too bad
My bedroom was overlooking the side street and there is a lot of passing traffic through a small side street. I found this quite noisy, lots of motor bikes and trucks , and a tour bus seemed to be parked up throughout the week and then leave early hours , right under my window
Be careful walking around he streets, they drive fast and don't care if your in the way, move quick .
The rubbish truck plays Vivaldi symphony , so this is another noise during the day, if your wondering what the music is, I thought it was a neighbours mobile phone until I saw it. Lol
The school plays The chime of Christmas rhyme , even when schools out on the weekend , odd!, as you can tell nothing the suite apartment can control , but be aware , Turkish people like it loud and late.
The cafe bars dotted around the hotel do stay open until early hours , so it's definitely not as quiet as people put on here , maybe people are less sensitive to noise , but I am quiet tired Returning as I didn't sleep too well, I like quiet after at least 1pm . People shout and drive around until about 4am , it's does go quiet 4am until 9am , the day is quieter.
There is work on new apartments at the moment directly across the way, they don't look far off completion, but still there are work lorries and building happening , it's now May 2014 ,
They could do with a microwave and toaster at the apart, a bit basic for the review ratings, I have had better facilities for this price. Don't get me wrong , it's adequate , but for self catering , you need to be able to cook. So 1 hot plates , not the best
The electric did go off a few times In the night , once when no one is on site .
As it's a small complex there is no reception, so if it goes wrong , your on your own.
Not enough sun beds if apartments full, so ended up lying on grass,
On the first day , it was a bit odd, as the cleaner was sitting on a table by the pool so residents can't really use this area. I did feel a bit uncomfortable , to go out at first , I felt I was intruding , I went to the beach for a few trips instead . When the place filled up , the staff were around less.

Summary
Great staff, lovely location,close to everything
It's busy, not as quite as the reviews say, so if your a light sleeper , take ear plugs
Would I go here again, yes , but for maybe a few days and move on.
Quaint location, clean and adequate
No shop or pool bar , as it's small
It's really a place to go and explore as it's like city living

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This was a very comfortable one bedroom apartment, well equipped so that we could self-cater. The building is in Ottoman style with a small garden and a swimming pool. The old town is a great place to stay, but it was hard to find the apartment with a car, as the area has a barrier to prevent car entry during the day. However we found it by walking in, and it was then explained that we could have entered by taking a ticket. The owners then provided a pass to show so that we did not need to pay to park there. Although there are not many cars in the old town there are many walkers, and they were often very noisy late night and early morning which we could hear clearly. This may however be the case anywhere you stay in the old town. Antalya is a lovely city and we could walk to all the places we wished to visit, such as the old harbour, the main street, the old tram stops and the many parks.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2014

we stayed there with my BF in February. he organized everything and i did not see the pictures or reviews for this hotel before i entered it. i was completely happy with what i was there. this place is very comfortable and quiet thought is 3 min away from the busiest street with all the shops and cafes. we really liked the owners of the hotel, they are very nice people always open to help, they speak very good english and german.

Room Tip: if you go there is autumn or winter, when it is too early to swim in the sea, this hotel is not very...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Yulia Y
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed for three nights at The Suite Apart Hotel with our 18 months old daughter. We had high expectations from this place based on the reviews on tripadvisor. The hotel exceeded all our expectations, which does not happen too often. Almost everything about the place has already been covered in other reviews still I had to add a review of this hotel.

Positives
- Spacious one bedroom apartments equipped with all the smallest things you can think of. We normally stay in apartments with our daughter but attention to detail given by hosts here is incomparable. If you intend to use the kitchenette, this is the perfect place. From salt, sugar, coffee, tea, cooking oil etc etc etc to all the things that you may need, you would find it in the apartment. Apartments are also very nicely furnished. The key is that everything is clean and orderly. Very convenient for families with young kids.
- Great location. I would strongly recommend anyone going to Antalya to stay in old town for atleast a couple of days. Its a very nice place to stay and The Suite Apart hotel is a couple of minutes walk away to the cafes/bars, main street etc and still is in a quiet little corner.
- Turkish hospitality at its best. The owner is not really a hotelier but started this place few years back. May be thats why he is so good at it. May be he can think like travellers and can think of all their needs. Whatever it is, interacting with the host family added a new flavour to our Turkish experience. Very helpful, accomodating and always smiling. I could have given 5 stars just because of them. But this place deserves it even otherwise.
- There is a washing machine to do your laundry for free. On a long trip, this really helps.
- Value for money. For the kind of space and rooms you get, it is really cheap.

Negatives
There are no real negatives. But just to list small niggles.
-Its a small property so they do not have a restaurant or 24 hour reception. That is hardly a concern though. There is a nice cafe just outside the hotel and you do not need a 24 hour reception. And I am sure if there is any urgent need, you can call up the hosts even at night and they would come running
-They do not have a microwave in the apartment. Its a very small minus in overall scheme of things and most of the apartments with kitchenettes do not have a microwave. But there is usual electric kettle and a one ring burner. And plenty of nice restaurants close by.

Verdict
Do yourself a favour. Stay at The Suite Apart Hotel. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank himanshu08
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for our last 3 nights in Turkey! As it came so well reviewed on TA, we decided to book. It did not disappoint. The room was fantastic! Very well decorated, clean and well furnished . The bed was extremely comfortable and the area nice and quiet. The photos and description are exactly as they say and the host was very helpful. The area is nice and quiet- just a short walk away from the busier streets .Well worth staying here.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank FDempsey
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I have to say, I was not sure what to expect from this place, and in the end, I could not believe that there were not more reviews on this place, and that more people have not stayed here.

The family owns the complex of four or five apartment style rooms. The apartment we stayed in had a small bedroom with a double bed, and a living room area with couch (that can be turned into a bed), a small dining room table, and a small kitchenette. While the description said that the room was for two adults, and a small child, we had three people (three relatively petite females), and we were perfectly comfortable. The room itself was spotless, and while nothing fancy (IKEA based furniture and kitchen), everything was in very good condition.

The kitchenette was a godsend. It comes with a hot plate, hot water boiler, refrigerator, pans, pots, silverware, cups, plates, everything you need to cook a meal. Oil, salt and pepper are even stocked in the rooms. We were quite excited about the kitchenette, and we ended up making dinner our first night there (hot plate works very well). We ate on the small balcony in our room which overlooked the pool and the courtyard, and it turned out to be a lovely, low key evening after 10 busy days of traveling. Another great thing about the complex is that they have a washer and dryer that the guests can use at their leisure, at no additional cost.

The room itself was very comfortable. There was plenty of space, and the bathroom was very spacious. The shower worked well, and the AC in the room also worked very well, which was important because while we were there, it was hot! I believe the bed was good too, but I actually slept on the pull out couch - which is a typical pull out couch, so probably wouldn't be too comfortable for too many nights in a row. Luckily, I have a good back, and was perfectly comfortable.

The apartments are very conveniently located in the old town, and all the main sites and restaurants are within walking distance. There are grocery stores, and other stores nearby on the main street where you can pick up anything you might need. The only challenging thing is that it is located in the old town, and the streets are difficult to navigate (very narrow, sharp turns, and streets aren't always labeled). Luckily, we had a good driver, and our GPS took us right to the hotel, but we had heard that others had a really challenging time finding their hotels in the old town, so be prepared.

I can't say enough about Suite Apart Hotels. The rates are fantastic, you get a full apartment with the convenience of a kitchenette and laundry, it is in a terrific location, and the owner and his family are super friendly and helpful. They also have a pool, which looked lovely, and but unfortunately, we didn't have much time to enjoy it. I think it would be hard to find anything else to match this hotel in Antalya!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends